• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Possible overdose and seizures

Valentinabean

Greenlighter
The last time I took E I had a seizure. This was just over two weeks ago. It wasn't the first time I've done E or MDMA. I've been dipping in molly fairly regularly since last August, but haven't touched E for years, and never experienced a seizure before.

That night I believe it was the effect of a combination of too many drugs and really intense strobe lights. I took a triple stacker, had a couple drinks, did some coke (a lot, but I don't know how much), then took another half of the same kind of pill. I felt great all night, enjoying the concert I was at, rolling BALLS, etc., until the end of the show. The strobe lights started going off and I had a seizure.

My question is this. Can I do MDMA or coke again?

Lol at ELW, but i would recommend not doing coke and mdma together (both strong stimulants). Plus i have read a lot on this site that coke and ecstasy taken together is no good because the cocaine works in a way that kills the roll, or at least the majority of the roll.

The last time I took E I had a seizure. This was just over two weeks ago. It wasn't the first time I've done E or MDMA. I've been dipping in molly fairly regularly since last August, but haven't touched E for years, and never experienced a seizure before.

That night I believe it was the effect of a combination of too many drugs and really intense strobe lights. I took a triple stacker, had a couple drinks, did some coke (a lot, but I don't know how much), then took another half of the same kind of pill. I felt great all night, enjoying the concert I was at, rolling BALLS, etc., until the end of the show. The strobe lights started going off and I had a seizure.

first of all i dont know your age or sex but that does have something to do with it. is this your first seizure?

here is my story of seizures and its a little long.

i have had the ems called on me due to seizures. i am usually sober and i end up fine and nothing happens but i do have a seizure condition. so when my friends see this they shit their pants. i do have about a 20 second aura to hit the deck before it starts and the seizure takes a about 3 mins for it to stop and 30mins before i am back to normal. very combative and confused during that 30 mins.

the seizures started randomly and then became more common. according to the doctors nothing shows up on the mri's or scans. i've told them all about my long love of drugs of every kind for the last 15 years and that i still do them every once in a while.

i have been seeing 3 different neuros for the last 5 years and they all say they seriously doubt that drugs caused them or they would have showed up on the millions of mri's and scans i have sat through....with no explanatory information of course. i stopped using drugs and alcohol and they continued so i dont think that drugs and booze cause them.

i am 31 now and they started when i was 26. i have prolly had a total of 20. some in my sleep so im not sure. the last one i had was 25-12-10.
i explained that my eyes were always covered with red dots all around my eyes. he said it was prolly because i was squeezing my eyes and breaking the blood vessels. that is apperntly not common in seizures as peoples eyes stay open and roll back.

Dr. said i was more then likely passing out to lack of oxygen in the brain or heart condition and then having the seizure due to the red dots. he is now treating the passing out stage other than the seizure stage. Seizures have slowed down. havent had one since Dec 25, 2010. knock on wood. He advised me that in his experience drugs, including pot seem to lower the threshold of seizures but this wont be found as a guarantee in any medical book. i quit all drinking and drugging for 4 months. Seizures continued so it wasnt the partying causing them.

Every neuro i have seen has told me that seizures begin in a lot of males in their late 20s and early 30's, It will possibly go away but come back in the mid 50s. It is just some disconnect in the development of the brain.

now i still drink regularly and partake in whatever else when it is around and dont have them. my advice, talk to the doctor about a possible heart condition causing you to pass out and then having the seizure. see a heart doctor. i didnt find this possibility existed until Dec this year.

i got this of the Essential Gudies thread. maybe it will help.

B. Stimulants
The further increase in heart rate, blood pressure, respiration and body temperature caused by other stimulants can make more dangerous when combined with MDMA. It seems that many stimulants also cause an increased production of ADH (anti-diuretic-hormone). If this is true, it is relevant because an increase in ADH contributes to hyponatremia. Also, the combined crash resulting from coming down off of MDMA and [other stimulant] may be exceedingly difficult to bear.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79027

What pill did you take? Tripple stacker means nothing more than it was thick (not three times the strength [arrrgghhh]) so you had 1.5 pills and some coke. taking coke and MDMA at the same time is pretty pointless as they both sort of work in the same way so your not boosting anything just wasting coke.

You say seizure - what happened? Were you taken to hospital? Did you just fall down and feel funny for a while (can happen if you have been dancing for ages in strobelighting). Did you have enough water through the night?

So many things need to be taken into consideration before you can establish the cause of the 'seizure' - safest bet, lay off the drugs.

this happens to my one friend who is a hardcore alcoholic. i dont know why but all 3 times ive rolled while he was around come the end of the night everytime dude fishes out, wakes up mad as hell and then goes to sleep.

atxpanic--I'm 23, female. No history of seizures. I have an appointment with a neurologist next week. I'm not planning on taking any hard drugs till AT LEAST after that.

bearlove-- i took a blue dolphin. it was a banger!!! I've mixed coke with e and molly before and always had good times, but I'm def. not doing it anymore... I was drinking lots of water all night.

I'm sure it was a seizure, but here's what happened in more detail. I was feeling ok all night (maybe it was the E talking...) but by the end of the show me and my boy got to the front right in front of dj. Then the strobe lights started going off and they were so so so so bright. I thought it was hella cool and I was trippin' so I think I was just staring at them (no sunglasses-- STUPID). That's when my brain went nutty.

The only way I can explain it is that I felt one of the flashes of light go into my eye and glitch my brain. I went blind; couldn't see except for flashing. I felt like a swarm of bees was like, coming at me and I kept saying, "I'm blind I'm blind" and trying to swat the "bees" away. At this point I thought I had unknowingly eaten some hallucinogen-- I had no idea what was going on.

Then I guess I dropped to the floor and woke up a second later to people covering my eyes and my right arm twitching. My boy picked me up and told me we had to go and that I was still twitching. My vision was kind of coming back, but I couldn't walk and I was super disoriented. Then I guess I passed out on one of the bouncers, dropped to the floor again and started seizing for real, threw up, whole nine yards. That's when the ambulance came, they took me to the hospital, told me I had a seizure and hooked me up to an IV. I was released after a couple hours.

Possible Explanation

It is a known fact that Flashing Lights and Even Video Games have been known to cause seizures...Maybe thats all it was...Maybe it was the drugs..but do some research on the effects of flashing lights on the brin and seizures....Just my 2 cents...Good Luck<3

. I've been dipping in molly fairly regularly since last August, but haven't touched E for years, and never experienced a seizure before.

I think your confused or at best confusing.

E should equal mdma and molly should equal mdma hence molly and E are one and the same.

Could have been the strobes. . flashing light can be harmful with out drugs. So pretty sure on drugs they can be more hazardous

mixing in any strong stimulant with MDMA is usually a bad idea. on the other side, mixing in any strong depressant is also usually not recommended. Both are just hard on the heart.

Lol at ELW, but i would recommend not doing coke and mdma together (both strong stimulants). Plus i have read a lot on this site that coke and ecstasy taken together is no good because the cocaine works in a way that kills the roll, or at least the majority of the roll.

People who say that probably have never done it. Cocaine is a triple reuptake inhibitor, MDMA relies on the seratonin transporter(sert) to work (which coke inhibits). So theoretically coke should block e, BUT it's not gonna inhibit enough of the sert for MDMA not to work. So doing coke while rolling blocks some (Ime very little) seratogenic effects but enhances the dopamine and norepinepherine related effects, which really hits the spot when you have clean pills.

Oh and mixing coke and e is not safe, seratonin reuptake inhibition + seratonin agonist = nuerotoxic (ala seratonin syndrome)

Hey I'm new here. I'd like to bump this because I think I may have just had a seizure. A prequel to my story: I'm a relatively IV heavy dope-user* (I use more drugs but *that's what I identify as) I fell in love with the needle and recently I tried shooting 20 bags; starting with half a bag and over 4 days moving up to almost 2 bags at once. My first coke binge.

Anyway, I had just missed most of a shot but managed to get about 18 units out of 90 in my veins. It wasn't enough to satisfy me so I set up another identical shot. I finally registered; pushed the plunger down, took the needle out and recapped it.

At that point I felt it coming on. I don't remember the exact feeling - definitely intense euphoria - but I also popped my ears (I think it's known as a bell ringer) and my heart started pumping; HARD. With every pump my body would move of its own accord. My mind was as clear as can be while shooting coke. I remembered my name, where I was, I was aware I might be close to death and it seemed like my body forgot to breath enough.

I focused on deep controlled breathing but at first my ribs and diaphram would only move when my heart pumped. I started to try to reach my door to unlock it (I was alone in my room) but I couldn't walk. I could sit up straight. After a short time I could control my breathing (I kept it deep and deliberate) but my legs and arms, and my vision would spasm. I found that if I imagined I was sneaking and trying very slow deliberate movements. It was the best thing to help me move. I still had to hold on to furniture or a wall on my way over but I was able to unlock it. Now I'm coming down and think I should take a nap.

Basically, my questions are: was that a seizure even though I retained some control and mental faculties? And is taking a nap a bad idea?

I've had seizures with molly, but usually only at high doses and almost always after also cannabis and inhaling poppers as well.
Occasionally only with the poppers.
I don't feel bad after the seizure, but my s.o. doesn't like it.
I suggest not doing coke with mdma.

Basically, my questions are: was that a seizure even though I retained some control and mental faculties? And is taking a nap a bad idea?
No that was not a seizure. In a seizure you have no control and often no memory of what happened afterwards.

You don't have to lose consciousness for it to be a seizure, e.g. a simple partial seizure. But what you are describing does not sound like a seizure.