View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Possible LSD vaporization?

BUTSssNutssNNN

Greenlighter
I'm wondering whether it's possible to vaporize or rather nebulize LSD for a faster come up via using pressure changes as seen with alcohol using a plastic bottle and a bike pump. As I understand it LSD is typically diluted using ethanol so it makes sense to me that you could use the exact same technique, so my questions is would it work? or would it result in only the ethanol being nebulized, leaving the crystal LSD behind? and if it was to work would it actually result in a faster come up?

There are great pioneers with great chemistry prowess (Owsley, the Sunshine boys, Sands just died by the way), and if there were ways to do this kind of stuff, they woukd have done it, and raved about it. I did see a story or two about injecting it, but it's hard to tell story from facts. Sure, I'd love to inhale 10 mics and trip hard for 2 hours, hut i just don't think it works that way.

The flip side of this is that not only is LSD absorbable through the skin, it's quite absorbable. So you'd think that any way it can be put in contact with skin, provided it doesn't change, would have to work, right? It may then not matter how it's absorbed, the results will be the same.

LSD doesn't come up faster even if you IV it, so there's no reason to believe vaping it would make a difference. Also, LOL/SMDH

It seems like it's probably possible to nebulize LSD, I don't see why not, but as mentioned above, it isn't likely to make a difference, unlike with most drugs. LSD is virtually 100% orally bioavailable and absorbed very quickly, fundally in fact I believe which happens before it reaches the stomach, or of course sublingually which is usually how it happens.

I've actually heard that it doesn't come up significantly faster via IV also, which always seemed odd to me. But since I've never tried nor have I known anyone who has, I can't say.

I heard it fairly recently, I think it was in a David Nichols presentation from the latest Psychedelic Science conference. Could be mistaken though.

Aldous Huxley was injected on his death bed with 100ug and apparently fell into an immediate state of bliss. In the book Scar Tissue, Anthony Keidis mentions that he dissolved LSD from a tab one night and shot it after having run out of coke, said he peaked in one second.

I would imagine it working very quickly, but probably not being the most pleasant method..

^ yeah, that pretty much fits the descriptions i've heard.
I have IV'd certain tryptamines, and while i wouldn't recommend it, it certainly made for a wild, incomparable ride.
I'm a lot less reckless nowadays, and nothing about shooting LSD sounded enticing. My days of gung-ho psychedelic use are over.

I did a search on LSD with IV as ROA in erowid's experience vault and this report was the only one to come up.
Pretty crazy trip report, but they describe coming up - "the response was almost immediate" and were apparently peaking within 10-15 min " It seemed that I was were I was going in only 10-15 mins and felt as if it would last forever."

Shooting acid just seems really unsterile to me. I mean, you would want it to be clean, and the idea of soaking tabs in water then shooting it sounds horrible. I have no idea what liquid acid solution would consist of, either. Water?
Either way, not something i'd wanna IV....but the guy in this report uses gelatine window panes.
Yuck! I can hardly imagine anything worse...

Last edited: