View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Possible HPPD from 1p-LSD?

plomlol

Greenlighter
Hi all, looking for some answers on what could be possibly wrong with me before I turn to professional help.

So on the first night I had decided to take half a tab of 1p-LSD (Tried lsd plenty of times before but always make myself try a small amount when it comes to a new drug.) and for some reason the next day I decided it would be a good idea to try it again.

On the second night I took a whole tab.

Quick background but when I begin getting effects of LSD (Coming up) I can usually tell when I look at text and it looks like its almost morphing/floating in a slight breeze.

Anyway after waiting it out for the past 4 days, im still (to the point of writing this) getting the exact same vision constantly.

I've tried allowing 3 full nights of sleep, eating / healthy for all the past couple of days, exercising, generally detoxing everything to make sure everything is okay.

I'm curious to see if anyone else has had the same experience and would know the answer to my question's?

How long should this last for?

Any known things to help it improve?

I've read online some doctors will prescribe meds for HPPD, do they actually work?

Its not much of a burden and doesn't effect me much as obviously I can forget about it by just being outdoors but more curious as to why / how this could of happened and how to end it.

do not obsess about it.
you are seeing a normal aspect of vision but applying the view of being stoned.
it is as if your vision is informed by your experience.

Note: we are accustomed to ignoring visual artifacts and only taking in solid looking visual fields - while our vision is 100% made of artifacts and partials, almost never is a whole image in focus, our eyes skitter around grabbing at bits of form and clarity.

There is nothing wrong with You.

HPPD is essentially LSD's visuals lasting longer than expected...
WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT ?!?!?! It's called a FLASHBACK, people !!!!

I agree, there is nothing wrong with you. I remember as a kid, I would hallucinate all the time, especially when staring at stuff. You're just noticing it more. You don't have HPPD, that requires you to be experiencing difficulty in your life, and is usually accompanied by depersonalization/derealization. Seeing a lingering visual for a few days (or even weeks or months) is inconsequential, unless it's obscuring your vision and making it so you can't see. If you freak yourself out about this and obsess, though, it could be bad. You have a choice in how you choose to view this experience, and you can choose to react in a positive or a negative way. Seeking professional help at this point would be a negative way to approach this... it will make you believe something in wrong with you, likely leading to anxiety and depression. If you choose to view this as an interesting residual visual artifact, it will pass and you'll be fine and maybe you'll learn something about yourself and the nature of obsessive thoughts and destructive worrying. :)

Thanks for the reply @Xorkoth

Yea like you say there's nothing majorly wrong so it's easy just putting it to the back of my head to dismiss it. I only wanted to find information on how long it's gonna last as I work in IT and you can imagine staring at words all day that are constantly moving is very distracting and annoying hahahaa

Only reason I thought it could be hppd is because it's a lasting hallucination from a trip.

I already have anxiety and depression, but when it comes to drugs n trips I cope well as i know that if there's anything worrying me or tripping me out I know it's going to be gone in 10-12 hours time.

Many thanks for the reply and the reassurance dude.

It will most likely last a few days or maybe a few weeks. It really depends on how much you pay attention to it. Its like one of those optical illusions where you see it one way, then you see it another way that you can't unsee. Acid shows you a new way to see things, and focusing on it reinforces it. As time goes by, you'll stop thinking about it and go back to normal. HPPD is what happens when people obsess over how they've been affected by a trip instead of going on with their lives as usual. Its basically a form of hypochondria or OCD.

Echoing everyone else, nothing to worry about. Psychedelic drugs typically last about 3 weeks or so for me, until I can't detect any lingering symptoms. At four days in, you've still got a ways to go.

As long as its not for human consumption.

Federal Analogue Act.

Some people talk about a 'legal grey area'. IMO that's BS. Vendors have been prosecuted with chems that fall under the Federal Analogue Act (and by chems I don't only mean fentanyl analogues or something like that). A court a long while back determined that a compound falls under the FAA if any of the three conditions in the act are satisfied, in other words, no question whatsoever that an analogue as close as 1P falls under it. It's just that the gov't at the moment is not treating enforcement as a very high priority I guess.

If it were REALLY perfectly legal, 100% bonafide, so long as it was labeled 'not for human consumption' (as many, many, many consumer products are; tons of stuff, even many fertilizers and so on have uses that are restricted by law but are sold in stores all over the place), then it would be quite strange that vendors do what they do. Compare to NOS. NOS is sold as some random thing not-for-consumption on Amazon. Yet we see vendors only accepting cryptocurrency, not paying taxes (which itself is very risky legally), practicing all sorts of OpSec. Why not just label stuff appropriately and be 100% legit? --> It's known to be illegal but not enforced.

Also, people have mentioned "flashbacks" in this thread. It's worth noting that the only symptom in the ballpark of "flashbacks" that have been confirmed by science as an effect of LSD is HPPD. And HPPD is different (both in cause and effects) than flashbacks (as they were described for decades). If you want to be very loose with terms, HPPD=flashbacks. But if we stick to the usage that developed back in the day (for 'flashbacks'), then flashbacks are a myth (whereas HPPD is not).

Federal Analogue Act.

Yep. That a substance is not intended for human consumption does not exempt it from the FAA -- the individual criteria that qualify a substance under the FAA are disjunctive rather than conjunctive, so if a compound is "substantially similar" in structure and pharmacology to a controlled drug, it doesn't matter whether or not it's intended for HC.