View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Possible Emergency Scheduling of 2C-T-7

lol i thought 2-ct-7 was allready illegal
funny thingis, i saw a kid insullfate 50mg of
2-Ct-7 and he had a blast. BUT DONT DO THAT CUZ ITS A FUCKING DUMB IDEA. Research chems...what are kids coming to these days? What happened to good ol crack? lol

Not always. The guy who offed himself snorted 35... there's not a set dosage where you just die. Also, he was on two other drugs.
Still... that guy probably obliterated his sinus cavity, right?

Oh, and 2ct7 *is* illegal under the analog act if it's sold for human consumption, but it's technically legal if you sell it for non-consumptive purposes (like that one guy).
Emergency Scheduling seems to be pretty much a black hole. You haven't heard the DEA say, "Hey, this MDMA shit fucking rocks! We love it!", right?

Want to know how the DEA can make 2CT7 illegal?
Not emergency scheduling...
They can get everyone to adopt the mindset that 2CT7 is highly dangerous, and normal people shouldn't be allowed to possess it. If everyone has that mindset, it won't matter whether or not it is on some magic federal list. When everyone believes that, they'll schedule it.
So far, they've been highly successful. Most people on this forum seem to agree that 2CT7 is dangerous, and Joe Average shouldn't be allowed to have it. Sources are censored. Many people now say that 2CT7 was really illegal all along.
All their power has been given to them by you. They do what they do, because no one tries to stop them. Eventually, no one even wants to stop them.
I for one think we should. If you don't, fine. But don't try to say you do, and expect anyone to believe it...

2ct7, AMT and the rest ARE illegal to use as drugs because they completely fit the description of the analogue act. They are analogues of scheduled psychedelic drugs and mimic their actions in the brain, and their effects.
They also ARE dangerous. Does that mean I think the public shouldn't have access to them? No. I believe in survival of the fittest. I think they should be marketed with all warnings and dosage directions on the package.
But that won't happen. So what I try to do is make sure people ARE aware of what the various dangers are. People NEED to know that some people have died from using 2ct7. People need to understand we know very little about these drugs and they are putting them in their bodies at their own risk.
The reason sources are prohibited is multiple. Its not out of some vast bluelight moderator conspiracy to keep them out of the hands of joe public. It IS designed to keep them out of the hands of people who have not researched them enough to be able to find them for themselves. It IS designed to protect Bluelight in the case that someone buys them and manages to kill themselves with them.
Pure

> Want to know how the DEA can make 2CT7 illegal?
People keep assuming that public opinion has anything to do with a drug being scheduled. The fact that marijuana is still Schedule I should make that painfully obvious.
The DEA does not need to convince anybody that a drug is dangerous to issue an emergency scheduling. The FDA or Congress do not need the public convinced it is dangerous to do a permanent scheduling. The public does not need to even know a drug exists. If the proper authorities deem it necessary, the drug will be scheduled regardless of public opinion. Although there is often a media blitz surrounding drug schedulings, this need not happen. Quite a few drug have been scheduled with no publicity... For example, I don't recall any media hysterics surrounding the scheduling of 2C-B in 1995, pyrovalerone in 1988, or dimethylamphetamine in 1990.
Also, there does not need to be any kind of publicity after a drug gets scheduled either. All they need to do is publish the decree in the Federal Register. There is no law requiring them to publish stories in the news or run public service announcements. True, drug schedulings are often followed by lots of publicity, but they dont have to be.
Media coverage and scheduling are to phenomena that often overlap in time, but they are two separate things and there need be no connection between them.
So... want to know how the DEA can make 2C-T-7 illegal? They just say "2C-T-7 is illegal." That's all there is to it.

this is disappointing...and aggravating as hell. damn my procrastinatory tendencies! i could have a gram right now if i wasn't such a lazy bum.

Yeah, I must say, it suchs to see it go. I'm glad I tried 7 when I did, about a year ago. Frankly, it's not as distressing to me as it would have been if they were scheduling something more like psilocin or LSD. While 2ct7 was fun for a while, and definitley a good light show, I have very little inclination to do it again...
I have a feeling that once this compound becomes illegal, it will go the way of 2c-b, and few if any will be able to get their hands on it.

actually, murple, congress and our friend the attorney general schedule substances according to the controlled substances act
so i guess the key, especially with research chemicals, is to do your research first so as to prevent killing yourself and ruining it for the rest of us.
[ 07 April 2002: Message edited by: ETabductedME ]

Murple and PuristLove missed the point, though I'm sure they have good intentions.
Freedom isn't a special priveledge that the government gives you, that you have to work hard to keep. Freedom is what you have by default. The ability of the government to govern IS a special priveledge that they have to work hard to keep. That's not my idealized political view; that's reality. Deny it all you want, it's not going to change, ever.
If I want to take some drug, I will. Why am I not afraid to admit this? Because there's nothing wrong with it. It's my decision, not the DEA's. If they want to prove otherwise, they can expend an extreme amount of resources, and still fail to stop me, because it's impossible. The more energy they use to attempt this, the faster they kill themselves.
I do whatever I want, and I let other people do whatever they want. If you always try to limit my choices in a certain situation, whose choices are you really limiting? Your own. The joke is on you.
The only person who can take away your ability to eat a research chemical is you.
What's that? But all these federal laws say otherwise? That's nice. The people who agree to them can follow them as much as they want.

> The only person who can take away your ability to eat a
> research chemical is you.
Well, you and the warden that locks you in a cage with a triple murderer so you can spend 5 years being ass-raped. Its not always that easy to eat what you want in the pokey, though you can certainly try. Its true that nobody can take away your freedom of thought and your self-respect unless you let them... but if you think people can't take away your freedom of action, you're seriously deluded.

"I do whatever I want, and I let other people do whatever they want."
Heh, unless your name is John Aschcroft or Asa Hutchinson, that isn't of much use to anybody who doesn't fancy the idea of jail time.

BTW ***to stop the spread of misinfo*** GO READ THE ANALOGUE ACT---- you can find it at erowid. eople need to know what it's really all about!
It is so vague that VIRTUALLY ANYTHING is covered--- one criteria is something like "produces an effect similar to that of an illegal drug" WTF does that mean? It means they can charge you with any goddamn plant or chemical they want!!!
Also, there is NO set formula for what defines an analogue structurally! look at the AET case of 1984- jury rulled the Analogue Act was too vague and let the accused off.
The Analogue act is so vague it'll lead to it's own demise-- it's feckin ridiculous, and if they start prosecuting more people under it, the blithering masses will see just how unfair and one-sided it is!!!