• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Possible cure for meth addiction?

Lyon1386

Greenlighter
my-compound-1-v0-jgvlls0wz2jb1.png

Compound 1
1-(alpha-Methylphenethyl)pyrrolidine
Methlintane

Possible cure for methamphetamine addiction?

Looks like you shortened the alkyl chain of prolintane by simply painting over it 😜

Definitely not a cure for methamphetamine. And considering all related compounds behave as reuptake inhibitors, it wouldn't be a good substitute for methamphetamine either.

Not going to pretend I know much about pharmacology. However, it is certainly not a cure for methamphetamine addiction. if you meant a form of substitution therapy, which is what I assume you meant, then, yes you might be onto something. unfortunately, I don’t think stimulant substitution therapy is as simple as opioid substitution, because of the different pharmacology of stimulants. for some people, it may work brilliantly, but for others, a small dose of a stimulant could trigger stronger cravings for large doses of an illicit stimulant drug. i’ve heard something similar can happen with benzodiazepine substitution for alcohol dependence. that is for some, benzodiazepines cut the craving for alcohol and suppress withdrawals. for others, perhaps where a very strong aspect of psychological dependence exist, benzodiazepines can trigger alcohol relapse. some have suggested this is because they tickle the GABA receptors, acting as an appetiser to alcohol. Think of getting A whiff or even a taste of some amazing food when you are already starving.

do we actually have a thread dedicated to prolintane? when taken orally, it sounds like a very promising mild stimulant.