• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Possible Acetaminophen Overdose?

Zzxxzz7373

Greenlighter
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I didn't have much time to look.

Last night I took hydrocodone 5 / 500s. He took 3 at 5 o clock (1500 mg acetaminophen) and then 2 more at 7:45 (1000 mg of acetaminophen). This made a total of 2500 mg of acetaminophen consumed that night.

I am 17 year old me weighing 205 lb.

Should I be worried about over acetaminophen dosing?

Thanks so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad I had seen a lot of other people using that. Could I ask what the purpose is of it?

Hi, welcome to Bluelight! I removed the swim from your post because we speak in the first person here. It's good that you were cautious about acetaminophen usage. It's not recommended to exceed 4,000 mg in a single day. So you should be okay and not worry about overdose. What you could do in the future, if you wanted to use more is learn to perform a cold water extraction. This way you can enjoy the effects and remove the apap.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/548643-Cold-Water-Extraction-Mega-Thread-amp-FAQ-v2-0

Hey there Zzxxzz7373, and a warm welcome to the 7th ring of Dante's Hell that we like to call the Bluelight Forums!

So, as you know, Acetaminophen is capable of wreaking pretty severe havoc on the hepatic system when consumed in high doses or even comparatively low doses over extended periods of time. So, kudos to you for respecting your body, doing the right thing and following Harm Reduction philosophy in the process. The upper limit established by the FDA is 4,000mg/4 grams of Acetaminophen/APAP in a 24 hour period. The single-dose limits are a little more dubious, but from the 24 hour reference point, you should be able to make some logical inferrences regarding what's appropriate.

Meaning, your 2.5g intake in a setting is crossing the line into what is sustainable regarding this medication. You're not going to die, so don't freak out, but it's quite unheathy for your liver, so don't be repeating it. In the late 90's and into the 00's, Acetaminophen Toxicity -> Liver Damage/Failure was a much more prevalent complication of Opioid addiction, as Percs and Vikes were handed out like candy and methods (Cold Water Extraction) were not nearly as well known as they are now.

Luckily, you don't need to worry about it at all if you just extract the active medication from your pills through Cold Water Extraction. It's an exceedingly simple process that anybody can undertake. Google is helpful, but there's great information available on Bluelight if you don't mind sifting through our threads.

My bad I had seen a lot of other people using that. Could I ask what the purpose is of it?

It's ok, there are sites that use swim but we don't. People used it to avoid self-incrimination but it really offers no protection.