• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Possible 100% cannabinoid method?

Brazen

Greenlighter
Hi, first im gonna say I just signed up for this site. Hopefully I can get an answer. Im a lover of chemistry. Its a new love and im pretty much self taught, no formal education on the matter. I would say i have a good grasp on everything. Well I was just thinking today. When people do extractions for cannabinoids the product is not 100% pure. And i was thinking if it could be as easy as a acid/base extraction then that would be a snap. But then i remembered about THC-O-phosphate how that it is water soluble. If a person could get it into the phosphate form and wash the non polar layer with water to extract it and then reconvert it to normal THC then get it back in a np layer and let it evaporate they would have a pretty pure substance on there hands. Does this sound realistic. Would it work?

Why do you want pure THC? It's less effective medically, with more side effects and less euphoria, than whole plant cannabis extracts. I've had both and I'd take real cannabis oil over Marinol any day.

Well pure THC extractions would be just for fun. But i should have been more clear on my part. I am assuming the other cannabinoids can also be in a phosphate form as well, so they should follow the thc. Isolation of the cannabinoids would be great too so you can make your own custom mix.

Well since Marinol is pure THC (altho synthetic) there might be a good reason to do it.

Acid isomerized cannabis extract (BHO?) can be easily into the 90% cannabinoids, more if it's purified via sublimation/distillation.

^ Yeah, even bottom shelf recreational BHO averages over 80% around my area.

Top shelf BHO is pretty much guaranteed to be in the 90 percentile.