• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Possibility of -phenidate prodrugs à la lisdexamphetamine (Vyvanse)

dopamimetic

Bluelighter
The recent availability of 'RC' phenidates like IPPD / 4-Me-TMP made me think about this. The pharmaceutically used retardation mechanisms are out of reach for the average hobbyist (and everything besides that pricey osmotic Concerta formulation tends to be unreliable anyway), but the lysine-based prodrug mechanism of Vyvanse seems to do a good job and should be no harder to synth than the phenidates itself (to my limited knowledge of chemistry).

Is it possible to apply the same concept to e.g. IPPD, or if not, what could a reasonable slow-delivery prodrug be like?

3,4-dichloroisopropylphenidate is another thing that came to my mind, but probably inferior to the former.

Sure but for the hobby chemist no, you need to read the patents on this and it requires amine protection, a phosphate coupling agent and deprotection, then formation of a di mesylatesalt salt..
Definitely not for the hobby chemist sorry

It's not even clear that N-lysinylmethylphenidate will be metabolized the same way as amphetamine. Esterase might destroy the moluecule faster than lysine-cleaving enzymes deprotect it. Also, hobby chemists: post somewhere else.

Taking what is available, reducing the ketone to an alcohol opens the path to the reversed-esters (as seen in France)