• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Portugal: Ten Years After Decriminalization

From what I know Mexico, Portugal, Spain, Berlin, Netherllands, Prague, has not
legalized illegal drugs.

They just respect peoples privacy, goverment will not frisk endusers, nor intrude a private home, a private car. Foreigners not included, visitors do not have same right
to private-sphere.

It is not legalized, only indirectly not strictly punished, like jaywalking, make moonshine for own use et.c.

Last edited:
^ Thats good enough. I think it was the Uruguay president who said that drug users are not the problem so why imprison them?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this! The 'diversion system' is such a great idea, it's a shame it hasn't yet been tried in North America. What the hell are we waiting for?

The problem with USA is so many people are making money by keeping drugs illegal , from the for-pay prison system to corrupt polititians and a system akin to a police state -

I can tell you that perhaps the DEA, U.S.A. reads as much as we do, I can devise from this that if a new medicinal supplement comes out that looks to go up against a very criminalized medicinal supplement then perhaps not many or none should speak of it, America is crazy, literally crazy for information, we run the biggest spy game, to 'stunt' the DEA/FDA 'know' but don't 'advertise', then with a wide number of users, but no known sources, this sends the DEA into a wild tailspin. 8o:p8(

hmm dont have time for the video but I havent heard of this before.. Portugal doesnt criminalize any drug use? is that what this says?

hmm dont have time for the video but I havent heard of this before.. Portugal doesnt criminalize any drug use? is that what this says?

Sort of. They have limits on what any person can possess, and violators get forced into treatment. I believe dealing is still officially illegal, but those laws are not zealously enforced (hence Portugal's famous open air drug markets).

I just recited that from memory. Specific data is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Portugal

What do you mean by "open air markets"? I'm Portuguese and there's no such thing as that.

I imagine there is some sort of huge market for everything after its decriminalized. People are still gonna need there dope.
When will the us ever follow this like they should? Retorical question probably not in my life time.