• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Porous Pipe Perhaps? Another alliteration stimpost for tired eyes to skim or skip past

ControlDaddy

Bluelighter
Near the end of a binge but before I am fully in a break, strange things always seem to happen. It just started yesterday for me. I slept straight through almost eighteen hours when I woke up depressed but still a little tweaky. Naturally I loaded a pipe anyways just for a bowl I thought, to help me clean my room, do laundry, a little work with my attorney, some banking, then sleep again this afternoon or evening.

BTW this is all coming from the same stash I have been using for more than a week now, so you can take that variable out.

Now yesterday I started noticing some issues, I didn't have the focus to burn a bowl straight through without caramelizing the shit. Instead of melting a puddle off, never passing a color just lighter than honey, the color would go to honey by the first crackback, or just after on the first hit. After melting shards fully to liquid, I gently blow out any vapor from that, usually from the carb end, in case there is any cut that can be vaporized first. I do that from the stem end when I know my shit well and not because of the cut, but to blow forward any fine bitter powders from loading shake through the stem (bleck, I hate tasting that shit in the back of my throat.)

I noticed I wasn't gradually pulling the heat source farther from the bubble as I hit it, and redoubled my focus on doing that.

Instead of seeing striations in the crackback in between each hit, once the puddle is about 1/4 the original size when I started with it, I see no striations in the dark amber oil. I can hit that oil shit and usually do so at first, I blow out very chemical tasting vapor (not nauseating like when you scorch your shit) for 5-6 hits at this point. There still is a buzz from it. Am I pyrolizing somehow? Lately I skip that, and I use a damp qtip to pull it out when it gets like that and while it is hot. The cotton from both ends of the qtip is rock hard after it cools, suggesting it is full of condensed meth.

Also, besides getting dark too fast, my puddle starts behaving strangely.

I am used to cooling my puddle and ending up with a ~3mm wide stripe with its center aligned with the very bottom of the bowl when the carb is at 12 o'clock, the puddle running up the sides to 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock. This is easy to consistently hit if you keep all the other variables at zero, and I hit it until that puddle is the tiniest trace residue, and wipe that up with a damp qtip. The qtip from that tiny bit is a little tiny bit the color of the residue, but not hard and heavy with anything.

What I am seeing now is the puddle becoming very energetic and thermophobic, splitting into two smaller puddles that are off the centerline, so as I hit it I need to tilt the pipe up and down from the horizon to get thick vapor. I know how to handle a misbehaving puddle usually, how to heat clear glass around it before hitting the shit with direct heat so it goes where I want it, usually hot shit on to cooler glass and immediately moving heat source to directly heat it in this new spot.

Now the shit is going absolutely mental on me, melting into starbursts and other aberrant patterns. I have it now leaving big, smooth ovals of clear glass in the middle of the whacked out puddle. I thought I had made microscopic holes in the glass, which I am skeptical of (I've never had a chemist or physics person confirm that this is more than tweaker myth). It is happening on a super thick pyrex hand blown piezo, and a couple of thinner glass ones. I brought out a brand new piece, loaded some fresh shit, and the same thing is happening.

I loaded a bowl in a fairly fresh piece and made it about double the normal size for photography's sake, it is easier to see that way. Here are the results from melt, cool to crackback, and pulling one medium sized pull off of it. Two pictures here, click the arrow on the right.

Also, the "hole" starts out a perfect oval, and only becomes irregular as it cools and with me turning it this way and that to see it.

No more experiments for me until I get more rest. This all sounds like tweaker nonsense, I know. Tell me what you do notice or if you have had direct experience.

Last edited:
Ok so I rested a bit, and came back to it, and decided to try a torch instead of the Bic. Now I am able to keep it clear to a little bit of a honey tint, but occasionally I am seeing these "holes" in the middle of a puddle.

The HR here is that I will be tempted to smoke bowl after bowl myself, trying to figure this out by myself. Anybody got anything to share? Anyone?

Easy explain my friend. I recently had the same problem. You have another substance in your meth with a higher melting point than meth but possibly a little bit under the burning point of meth. So the hits when your puddle first starts pluming are sweet but if you push the heat just a little bit further you get a horrible chemical taste and the weird liquid dynamics.

Also the meth will ring the bowl like that if you keep twirling the bowl as it cools. Or if you twirl it too hard when smoking. I used to see it all the time in my light globe pipes.

It’s an easy fix: acetone wash your stash. You can have it clean and smokeable in under ten minutes. Do you know how to do it?

I like buying big rocks but I won’t smoke them any more because they hide lots of nasty shit baked into your meth. In my last batch I bought only gram sized rocks and they smoked as described. I crushed them to fine powder, washed them, lost 10 % of total weight but ended up with the sweetest smoke at every temperature* using a torch.

*short of burning.

You must be right, as I have been using small shake until yesterday, when all I had left in my bag I keep close by were some gram and a half shards and since then that is all I have been loading. You are a great stimfan, my man, this saves me a lot of worry.

I will acetone wash all my junk. I have held off on doing so because I haven't thought of a great excuse for having the acetone if it is discovered. I am a known artist, I could say I was working on an engraving, I suppose. That isn't quite right technically but it should pass most people's smell test. Thanks again.

11 explanations for why you possess acetone. Make sure you use 100 % anhydrous acetone NOT nail polish remover.

@Atelier3 I am satisfied with your explanation for the strange behaviors and the holes in the dried recrystallization of the shit.

I am still curious about porous pipes. I have a tendency still, not to believe them as possible.

IME even a small amount of liquified crystal math that comes into contact with an open flame ignites in a weak but still volatile action, resembling a small bright explosion and igniting other meth liquid it comes into contact with.

The reason I’m looking for confirmation or rebuttal to the theory of microscopic holes in glass or Pyrex, is that when it get to this state (at the end of a long binge, when stereotypies and psychosis first start to show their faces), another thing happens.

My hands, especially right after smoking, feel greasy. I can wash them with soap or astringents, even 70% isopropyl, and they feel clean only for a few moments. I am skeptical this is meth that is seeping out of my skin. Any thoughts or references anyone can make on these two not-yet debunked myths? Porous pipes or super greasy skin especially the hands?

My meth head can’t stop thinking there are holes in the pipes, so the shit is being wasted, plus leaking onto my hands.

@ControlDaddy don’t let these worries get away from you. It is common enough for tweakers to become obsessed about what the puddle does or does not do. Obsessions are best avoided when on a long run.

I have heard that pipes can become pitted and scratched. Especially if the lighter touches them when they are hot or they or put down or otherwise touched by something when hot. Some cleaning implements might also leave a scratch (i uses to use the sharp ends of teeny pair of tweezers to clean a dirty pipe and it left scratches). There may also be pits left over from the manufacturing of the pipe.

I had a pipe with a slightly flattened bottom (so it would not roll when placed upright on a flats surface in order to load it). The puddle used to do weird things in that crease between the flat and the curve and small amounts of product would first burn in that location. I have done a bit of googling for you about porosity of Pyrex and got zero results on that question. If any thing was leaking it would be through a crack. And you’d see that and the pipe would break wide open next time you heated it most likely.

As for the greasiness, my whole body becomes greasy after a long binge. It is simply you’re body’s natural oil production system working overtime. I notice it most on my face and then my hands but unit occurs all over my body. This is why you need to shower with old fashioned soap twice a day. If your pore get clogged up with oil you start getting a rash that some times scabs over and starts to give you that wonderful Faces of Meth look. Those rashes need hydrocortisone cream to clear up quickly.

Awesome, thanks for the response and research my friend. I’m so happy to find a place I can be fucking brutally honest about me, my shit, and what the shit is doing to me. This gangsta wannabe muthafuckin balls out tweakercenary of fortune is transitioning comfortably into a right fine, upstanding and responsible, suit and tie wearing and twacked only on days ending in “Y” but even then only every other week now.

I have been looking into some graduate programs and if I go back to my career for about three years, then leave and do school full time, I will have a masters or PhD in my field before I turn fifty. I think meeting that goal will counterbalance the years wasted tweaking my arse off!

Awesome, thanks for the response and research my friend. I’m so happy to find a place I can be fucking brutally honest about me, my shit, and what the shit is doing to me. This gangsta wannabe muthafuckin balls out tweakercenary of fortune is transitioning comfortably into a right fine, upstanding and responsible, suit and tie wearing and twacked only on days ending in “Y” but even then only every other week now.

I have been looking into some graduate programs and if I go back to my career for about three years, then leave and do school full time, I will have a masters or PhD in my field before I turn fifty. I think meeting that goal will counterbalance the years wasted tweaking my arse off!

Good goal man. I have every faith in you.