• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy tea and going bad

fargusberg

Greenlighter
How many of you have brewed seeds or pods that you later determined/discovered to be expired? The reason I ask is that I found a source of rather potent seeds, but hte nausea that they give me is worse than ive ever had with pod tea. They are from a bulk foodstore and weren't in any kind of refrigeration, and they could be quite old possibly. The taste is also a little bit worse than seed tea has been for me in the past, but not particularly rancid or offensive- just extremely earthy and makes me gag reflexively cause of all the times ive puked from it.

What does it sound like to you? a high concentration of thebaine and other nasties, or in the name of harm reduction is this just a completely reckless thing to be drinkin?

I don't think dry poppy seeds can really go "bad". You are likely just experiencing nausea from much more potent seeds, which makes sense as the taste you describe is typical for potent poppy tea. Lower your dose?

Yeah, you're probably right. I was just a little worried because my stomach seemed to be off all week, but its probably just from how insanely constipating this stuff is, especially if binges on / done daily. I brewed a smaller hit with ice water and im sipping it very slowly mixed with fruit juice now, its much more manageable than taking huge gulps like i did last time.

I don't think dry poppy seeds can really go "bad". You are likely just experiencing nausea from much more potent seeds, which makes sense as the taste you describe is typical for potent poppy tea. Lower your dose?

I would have to agree; poppy seeds don't require refrigeration, simply a cool and dry environment should keep them 'fresh' longer than you would ever need.

I've never used poppy seeds aside from eating them on prepared food like bread and bagels, or made tea out of them but they don't go bad.

Friends of mine who would make PST said how they would make a gallon or so of it, and just keep it refrigerated and slowly drink from it. Stay safe.