• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy stem tea doesn't work

Survival0200

Bluelighter
How much poppy stems do you use to make a tea? I've used an amount of about ten times I'd use with pods, but I'm not getting where I want to be. The pods were good, but these stems doesn't seem to do anything. :/

Stems are useless to me. The amount of times I ran out of pods and figured I would use 5x the amount of stems to to try to get where i wanted to be. I never could get there. I threw a lot of stems out. Saved the seeds though. This thread brought the frustraion back and I am sorry you are dealing with it now too. At best an inch or two of the stem just below the pod has the most alkaloids but even then it is not much.

I've gotten it to work by extracting ground stems using a stovetop espresso maker, but it requires a giant quantity of stems. The first inch or so from the base of the pod seems stronger, with that little knuckle area having the most. Those little knuckles are very hard to grind up however, a real pain in the ass.

I've gotten it to work by extracting ground stems using a stovetop espresso maker, but it requires a giant quantity of stems. The first inch or so from the base of the pod seems stronger, with that little knuckle area having the most. Those little knuckles are very hard to grind up however, a real pain in the ass.

I remember chopping pods those knuckles were always the hardest, hands were wrecked afterwards.

This is good info to know though, sounds like stems are useless. Does that include leaves I assume too?

-GC

I actually saved cured and smoked all of my leaves

It definitely helped during the w/drawals

oh and the neck knuckles,
10 inch mortar & pestal

You actually had an effect from smoking the leaves? What was your process?

Asking for a friend... :whistle:

You actually had an effect from smoking the leaves? What was your process?

Asking for a friend... :whistle:
I just sweat cured them so they were concentrated & tasted okay ...
sweat curing gets rid of all the chlorophyll too

Bong away!
this was years ago, but for sure eased the pod tea flu

Last edited: