• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Poppy seed tea

BlackSheep25

Greenlighter
Another one of my friends would like to get sober and they heard about people using poppy seed tea. Can someone explain what kind of poppy seeds are required and how to make the tea safely for them to begin a comfortable taper? Thanks!
Edit to add she doesn’t have access to a bupe dr and methadone is out of the question

I'm afraid poppy seed tea varies far too much in potency for it to be of any use for tapering.

Obviously Papaver somniferum seeds are required, and they need to be unwashed as any effect relies upon dried opium coating the seeds from their time in the pod. The seeds themselves contain no active alkaloids. This is why the dose is highly unpredictable and effects can range from fuck all to death, depending upon prior tolerance.

Poppy pod tea would be preferable, but still not suitable for 'a comfortable taper'.

Depends on where you live. When you live in the country that produces half of the words opium supply and washing doesn’t happen it’s easier. I think a lot of people get done because they tend to order seeds online sight unseen. I have one golden rule: always lay your eyes on it first if you can.