• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Poppy seed tea

PhycoNaughty

Greenlighter
Hi I used to get seeds from my local store but they seem to not stock them any more looking to buy online not sure what ones are safe/safer then other brands or what brands or good.
Should I get unwashed gmo, free seeds. Any advice appreciated

Alot of major brand seeds are currently washed. The large brands that were formally usable (like nut cravings and sincerely nuts) are not usable anymore after fears of legislative action (in the wake of poppy seed tea deaths) made sellers reconsider the practice of selling seeds that were coated in poppy latex (i.e., opium).

as you're in the UK you can legally aquire dried poppy heads (pods) which are in theory far better than seeds - where you have no idea what your getting - however, I personally have never got much good out of poppy pod tea, but some people say they do

Seeds are likely to get you high if you have a low tolerance. They are tricky as hell for getting consistent effects and your tolerance will become the whole point of doing it in no time. After only a couple of times you will find it hard to experience any desirable effects at all at which point you should ditch it and don't think this lessens its addictive potential. There will more than likely be some withdrawal symptoms, at which point having a cup will sound like the most natural thing on earth you should be doing. It is not the most glamorous idea of addiction but could become a habit.

In case you're tolerance is zero you should definitely take dosing very seriously as I feel it may sure as hell be fatal, even a very small dose has a tremendous effect on me when no tolerance is present.

Seeds are likely to get you high if you have a low tolerance. They are tricky as hell for getting consistent effects and your tolerance will become the whole point of doing it in no time. After only a couple of times you will find it hard to experience any desirable effects at all at which point you should ditch it and don't think this lessens its addictive potential. There will more than likely be some withdrawal symptoms, at which point having a cup will sound like the most natural thing on earth you should be doing. It is not the most glamorous idea of addiction but could become a habit.

This is not true. I have a naturally high tolerance (even when i havent used opioids for a while). Poppy seed tea can be very strong. The first time i tried it i foolishly used a full pound of strong seeds and i felt like i was close to overdosing. It felt like ~800mg of morphine. Had to smoke some stimulant because i was nodding much too hard for comfort. If you get a large enough patch of good seeds the effect is actually pretty consistent. I called bullshit on poppy seed tea for years but i was surprised when i tried it. It has more side-effects than poppy pod tea, but overall i thought its quite nice and very long lasting. Certainly feels more dangerous than pod tea given the unpredictability. In fact id actually recommend for those that are tolerant, since the morphine doses involved can be pretty substantial.

This is not true. I have a naturally high tolerance (even when i havent used opioids for a while). Poppy seed tea can be very strong. The first time i tried it i foolishly used a full pound of strong seeds and i felt like i was close to overdosing. It felt like ~800mg of morphine. Had to smoke some stimulant because i was nodding much too hard for comfort. If you get a large enough patch of good seeds the effect is actually pretty consistent. I called bullshit on poppy seed tea for years but i was surprised when i tried it. It has more side-effects than poppy pod tea, but overall i thought its quite nice and very long lasting. Certainly feels more dangerous than pod tea given the unpredictability. In fact id actually recommend for those that are tolerant, since the morphine doses involved can be pretty substantial.
Hey I said it is strong, it can indeed be stronger than one might expect and I find my tolerance skyrockets substantially at about a third time of doing it within a week that I am hardly feeling it anymore, it is just from my experience I'm not lying.

Seeds are likely to get you high if you have a low tolerance

My main concern was the above sentence, which seems to suggest poppy seed tea is good for people with a low tolerance, while in fact poppy seed tea is best used by those with a tolerance and experience with opiates since the variability and potentially massive doses of morphine involved have led to a number of deaths (particularly in younger less experienced users). This is a harm reduction forum afterall, i simply didn't want some 17 year old to read the sentence, "seeds are likely to get you high if you have a low tolerance" and think that it is safe for those with a low tolerance or that they need alot and wind up overdosing. Certainly wasn't calling you a liar, was merely disagreeing with the statement in the interest of harm reduction.

My main concern was the above sentence, which seems to suggest poppy seed tea is good for people with a low tolerance, while in fact poppy seed tea is best used by those with a tolerance and experience with opiates since the variability and potentially massive doses of morphine involved have led to a number of deaths (particularly in younger less experienced users). This is a harm reduction forum afterall, i simply didn't want some 17 year old to read the sentence, "seeds are likely to get you high if you have a low tolerance" and think that it is safe for those with a low tolerance or that they need alot and wind up overdosing. Certainly wasn't calling you a liar, was merely disagreeing with the statement in the interest of harm reduction.
I don't see much difference in what we're both saying, anything can be taken from context and we may be both lying... it's just a fact that if you don't have a tolerance any opioid will hit you harder and be more dangerous, that is my point. If one is determined to do it the least I wanna say is how dangerous it is and what makes it bad information is available regarding tolerance to anyone who wants to study there's people on this forum saying all kinds of things

@negrogesic I'm experiencing poppy withdrawal as we speak, I would have probably been more encouraging about people explaining stuff for people if it wasn't just happening so that I myself feel traumatised because of abusing this substance as we speak

Last edited:
Poppy withdrawal is not worth the effects it's a lost cause and is not very recreational.

I have to disagree with this. As an ex junky, the recreational or medicinal effects of poppy pods aren't less than heroin. Actually, except the absence of rush, poppy pods are great intensity and duration wise. Also, the money that's spent on pods are funny in comparison to legal or illegal opiates/ opioids.
About the withdrawal not being worth, this could be said for any substance with a dependency potential depending on the individual and their experience with a substance.

I have to disagree with this. As an ex junky, the recreational or medicinal effects of poppy pods aren't less than heroin. Actually, except the absence of rush, poppy pods are great intensity and duration wise. Also, the money that's spent on pods are funny in comparison to legal or illegal opiates/ opioids.
About the withdrawal not being worth, this could be said for any substance with a dependency potential depending on the individual and their experience with a substance.
The pods you are using must be very potent. I must say that in it's own right this is not worth it you may glorify it, although I understand that it may be helpful to you in other ways than getting high, I find that with no tolerance same batch of seeds is not recreational because one day I may get the effects that can be appreciated the other day I barely feel different the third I feel nothing even when I double the dose so that's not recreational value for some kid who wants to get high. This is my opinion on seeds having tried some pods too but they were not as strong.

There's a reason there's not many seed junkies out there although becoming dependent on this substance is possible, it's not really worth it for someone who's looking to get high I mean, it doesn't work exactly that way. I think we all agree on that. Seed tea is chill.

Last edited:
Don't know what it means tolerance wise I'm sure it's tolerance because I'm dosing from the same batch and doing this kind of dose would barely do anything to me now even after taking a couple days off you know, the first two or three times I drank the tea the effects I got from it were more pronounced even from half as much or even less of a dose so I feel like it's barely worth the effort, unless I started taking ridiculously high doses which is something I don't wanna dive into.

It seems that even if larger amounts of seeds are used, any effects that I could sincerely testify for are minimal.

Other than an initial shift in my mindset, which after consumption seems to become apparent to me in some way, there's hardly anything else noticed at all in order to call it a high at this point.

Now I'd say it is probable that I have been making this all up, I am profoundly convinced to think so basically.

I have found most recently that analgesic effects weren't as considerable as I have been assuming, in comparison to the other medication.

Last edited: