• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Poppy Seed Tea

KESNOW8362

Greenlighter
I'm a chronic pain patient, whose had 33 surgeries and procedures over the past 4 years, also including spinal issues and an incurable rare autoimmune disease. Was taken off Hydrocodone after being on it for a year and a half (I could take 15-20 (pills) 10/325 Hydrocodone's a day.) Was then placed on Tramadol which doesn't do anything for me.

So after dabbling with Kratom, I decided I needed stronger pain relief that Kratom couldn't give me. I decided to try Poppy Seed tea. My husband helped me to make it today. After researching extensively, I learned it would be wise to sip slowly. So over a 4 hour period, I took 13 teaspoons. I only felt a slight difference. How much should I be drinking to ensure I get pain relief? And, in what time frame? What is considered to slow? TIA.

I don't believe there's an absolute right answer for your question as we are all so different and in your case you have to consider the tolerance from the previous meds and even the amount of Kratom you have taken. Perhaps, you haven't yet gotten all of them out of your system yet.

I'd try to start with the lowest effective dosage possible and build your way up from there, but keep in mind that regardless of finding the right dose you still need some supervision as your condition seems to be serious enough not to discard medical assistance. As you know anything else you use will potentiate its effects.

I believe these poppy seeds tea are way stronger than Tramadol IMO.

PST is so unpredictable. I read a story recently on another site where a pain patient was so hard up for relief they chugged a whole glass and ended up OD'ING despite having a massive tolerance to opiates this was after experiencing almost nothing from earlier attempts at the same dose and seed source.

I was out walking a few months ago and found some pods out in the wild let me tell you the difference is staggering, it's like PST is codeine and pods are heroin. I wish I could grow them but the ones I grow never do anything probably do to neglect. Pointless to mention since pods are so expensive and rare to find but if you can they would be perfect for pain... to bad a few bad apples ruins it for everyone.

If you were taking 15-20 paracetamol containing tablets a day, you probably should have been taken off them as that is doing horrible things to your liver. For your doctor to then prescribe you tramadol instead is no better. Find a new doctor, your condition and history should be cause for you to be prescribed something that works for you without having to take repeated and extremely high doses.

I drink pod tea daily and a pound of the seeds in my area would be a total overdose. Their varying constituents would be the result of the different poppies from which they are sourced. The varying potency would also factor in the method by which they were harvested and the treatment they have been given afterwards. I have doubts about washed seeds, as added water turns them rancid very quickly. I doubt they have been treated with anything toxic either, as they are sold as a food product. They may have been roasted enough to destroy a substantial amount of morphine. Then again, maybe not - hence the fluctuation in potency.

Please speak to a new doctor and be safe.

^ I agree that paracetamol is very bad for your liver.

Most doctors don't realize that when they prescribe you 4-6 tablets a day and you don't get to see them again, it can be a very bad medical advice. Tramadol is in many ways a good medication, except for seizures that some people have a side effects but in most cases it's due to greater - much greater dosages if you compare to the original dosages.

Although I don't know enough about different poppies and how they were harvested it does make sense that they might be less toxic in that sense. I don't think we have much data on that specific issue.

My opinion is nobody should live with pain and trying to adapt to pain issues will probably make you depressed and anxious which will eventually interfere on the treatment. Speaking from my own experience of having gone through a couple of extensive and painful surgeries I believe the best thing you could do right now is to look for medical assistance even if it's to talk about your prognosis and how you'll be able to deal with your situation on your near future as well as how to cope with it on the long term.

Not knocking tramadol, I hear a lot of people on here say it is effective for their needs. I just meant that if someone is taking/requires strong opiates and is in enough pain to warrant taking repeat doses of painkillers, especially given OPs' medical circumstances- tramadol could be just as much of a risk. It was originally marketed as non-narcotic, a lot of doctors believed that, some still do.

I was taking it for a while for tooth pain upto the daily recommended maximum dose without trouble, now, for whatever reason, even 50mg gives me a horrible reaction. It is as if I've become allergic. I have read two reports of people taking their typical morning dose of 50-100mg and having seizures, one was on their way to work - then came to in hospital. Seems very volatile, reacts with a lot of other substances and I think doctors should be more careful and give more detail when prescribing it. Vicodin too with regards to the paracetamol content.

OT- Poppy seed tea can be quite effective for pain, but again, highly variable dose-wise and if anyone feels the need to do it, please try not to make a habit of it. Kesnow, hope you can work something out with your doc that is a bit more stable than kratom, poppy seeds, large dose vicodin or tramadol that is not working for you. As Erikmen says, Nobody should have to live with pain, especially after what you've been through.. Especially when there are so many pharmaceutical options that they make inaccessible, which has led many people to far worse options :(

Not knocking tramadol, I hear a lot of people on here say it is effective for their needs. I just meant that if someone is taking/requires strong opiates and is in enough pain to warrant taking repeat doses of painkillers, especially given OPs' medical circumstances- tramadol could be just as much of a risk. It was originally marketed as non-narcotic, a lot of doctors believed that, some still do.

I was taking it for a while for tooth pain upto the daily recommended maximum dose without trouble, now, for whatever reason, even 50mg gives me a horrible reaction. It is as if I've become allergic. I have read two reports of people taking their typical morning dose of 50-100mg and having seizures, one was on their way to work - then came to in hospital. Seems very volatile, reacts with a lot of other substances and I think doctors should be more careful and give more detail when prescribing it. Vicodin too with regards to the paracetamol content.

OT- Poppy seed tea can be quite effective for pain, but again, highly variable dose-wise and if anyone feels the need to do it, please try not to make a habit of it. Kesnow, hope you can work something out with your doc that is a bit more stable than kratom, poppy seeds, large dose vicodin or tramadol that is not working for you. Nobody should have to live with pain, especially after what you've been through.. Especially when there are so many pharmaceutical options that they make inaccessible, which has led many people to far worse options :(

This!