• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Serious Poppy Seed Tea - The Devil in a Glass

AyahuascaSeeker

Bluelighter
I'm disappointed in myself. Big time. I know better than this and I'm always (usually) the one people come to for help - especially when they want advice about this drug or that drug, or how they should taper off this or that. But I have now become the one who needs help, and I have no one I can go to. I guess I'm a bit gutless hiding behind a pseudonym, but anyway... Here goes.

Long (Loooooooong) story short, doc got me started with Panadeine Forte, then learned the fine art of CWE when Panadeine EXTRA could be bought OTC... Then started switching up to oxys, morphine, endones - never went for H, makes no difference if I did really. Aussie Government made it almost impossible to get a script for any opiate and banned the OTC sales of codeine containing products. Discovered Rikodeine, got red flagged on the fucking pharmacists database and my time was over. Found Kratom, stuck with that for 3 years, then got black listed with customs. Then I moved on to poppy seeds, those life sucking dark blue balls of misery. I have (had) a source that supplies me with very high quality unwashed seeds so the resulting "tea" is strong. Started on 100g which would keep me well for a day or so, then slowly, slowly... Got to the point where I'm washing batches of 700-900grams, just to feel normal. So much more could be said, but I'll leave it there.

So I'm done. My bins are full of poppy seeds, my supplier is unreliable, the local supermarkets have suspiciously removed poppy seeds from their shelves (no doubt after I'd buy all their stock the second they stocked up)... I'm holding onto life by a few threads and still able to hide all this from the majority of my family, friends and loved ones.

Going to go cold turkey, have a script for clonidine that I'm getting filled first thing in the AM, once I have those (apparently) life saving pills (during WDs) I'm saying good fucking riddance to opiates and hopefully, start a slow but bearable journey back to who I was before this toxic chemical took over my being.

Big BIG love. Be safe, be happy.

PS: Been a member in the past, lost my password lol lurked for years, and only recently came back. I was super active during the Mr. Blonde (user here who I got friendly with IRL) days. So decided to post this here as a way to remind myself to never go back to opi8land.

Hang on and buckle up tight. It won't be pleasant but I think you have the right mindset to do it. Sounds like you have had a long enough ride on that particular roller coaster. Is clonodine going to be all you use for the WD? No other comfort meds? No kratom?

I've heard seed and pod tea is one of the harsher things to get off of. Just because I guess there are so many different alkaloids as opposed to just one like in oxy or morphine alone. If you keep your goal getting off as a real high priority ( and don't go digging in the bins for the seeds you threw away ) I think that you can go through it and get well.

Big love back atcha and YOU be safe and be happy. Good luck. Keep us updated.

I would skip the cold turkey bit, if I were you anyway. It's only going to make you miserable. Taper however you can.

Get some kratom, maybe some black seed oil, trazodone, hydroxyzine, Seroquel, even gabapentin if possible aka comfort meds and get snuggled in for a couple days and you'll be fine. If you can get Suboxone for a one week rapid taper it helps.

And dude if it's super miserable and there's no way you can get through it, it doesn't hurt to just check into a detox.

Hey man, I am actually on Buvidal (Buprenorphine) injections from a decent poppy seed tea and heroin habit from last year. People do not understand how rough this shit can be. It's the protracted withdrawal which will kill you. When I was transferring into Buprenorphine I had to wait 5 fucking days to be in moderate withdrawal and God only knows how I would have had another 10-15 left after that to deal with.

The devil in poppy seed tea is its unreliability. You can never be sure whether the dose you're going to get is going to knock your fucking socks off and cause you to narcan yourself (as I have done) or whether it will do basically nothing, and you're left with a shit taste in your mouth and nothing to show for it. Therefore, you can't taper it. Because you can't know that the next dose you make will actually be less than the previous one you made. It's totally impossible - trust me, I tried. I tried over and over and over again to try and figure out a way to taper and I just decided fuck it.

I'm gonna go on opiate replacement therapy and not even bother with the withdrawal, I've been on Suboxone before and know the withdrawal is a cake walk for me, I can taper it pain free by this stage, so that's not an issue. If it fixes the problem of the withdrawal and the fucked dosing and the addiction then that is good enough for me.

If you ever want to chat about it hit me up, not enough people understand how fucking repulsive and evil this shit is.

Firstly, thank you to everyone who has reached out. And thanks to old mate Deviate169 for the lengthy chats today.

I can't do this alone. I'll end up going mad. So my question to those who know...

Can a regular authorised prescriber, prescribe Suboxone, or do I need to register with a counselor and start the whole process that way. I know with bupe and methadone (which I don't want), you need to organise a counselor and only certain doctors will get on board... But I was told today Suboxone can be prescribed by any GP that's a registered "authorised prescriber" (like my canna doctor for example)...

If someone could please let me know regarding the above, it would be greatly appreciated.

NB: Bluelight has been a staple in my life since way back in '05. I wish I had my old account, I honestly don't even remember the user name. It all started when I ran a synthetic cannabis business and used to refer users to blue light so they didn't end up zombifying themselves on JWH018 or AM2201 (which were so safe compared to the new gen 'noids). I'd also use this platform for researching various other compounds etc... I really owe bluelight a cash injection for all the help it's given me. So glad it's still around (I remember when I went to bluelight.ru years back after I got out of jail, and it didn't work I was so shattered... But it only changed to .org).

Firstly, thank you to everyone who has reached out. And thanks to old mate Deviate169 for the lengthy chats today.

I can't do this alone. I'll end up going mad. So my question to those who know...

Can a regular authorised prescriber, prescribe Suboxone, or do I need to register with a counselor and start the whole process that way. I know with bupe and methadone (which I don't want), you need to organise a counselor and only certain doctors will get on board... But I was told today Suboxone can be prescribed by any GP that's a registered "authorised prescriber" (like my canna doctor for example)...

If someone could please let me know regarding the above, it would be greatly appreciated.

NB: Bluelight has been a staple in my life since way back in '05. I wish I had my old account, I honestly don't even remember the user name. It all started when I ran a synthetic cannabis business and used to refer users to blue light so they didn't end up zombifying themselves on JWH018 or AM2201 (which were so safe compared to the new gen 'noids). I'd also use this platform for researching various other compounds etc... I really owe bluelight a cash injection for all the help it's given me. So glad it's still around (I remember when I went to bluelight.ru years back after I got out of jail, and it didn't work I was so shattered... But it only changed to .org).
If you're in the US which I believe you are, yes a doctor has to specifically be licensed to prescribe Suboxone. You shouldn't have to like see a therapist or anything like that unless maybe that's one of the prescribers requirements.

On another note, I only ever dabbled in synth noids very briefly, but it's crazy to me to think that something like am-2201 is safer than what we have on the market now. Because, oh my Lord, smoke too much of that shit and a war will start in your neighborhood. I had one of the worst experiences/trips ever after consuming too much of that stuff. Hence why my phase with synth noids was so brief.

If you're in the US which I believe you are, yes a doctor has to specifically be licensed to prescribe Suboxone. You shouldn't have to like see a therapist or anything like that unless maybe that's one of the prescribers requirements.

On another note, I only ever dabbled in synth noids very briefly, but it's crazy to me to think that something like am-2201 is safer than what we have on the market now. Because, oh my Lord, smoke too much of that shit and a war will start in your neighborhood. I had one of the worst experiences/trips ever after consuming too much of that stuff. Hence why my phase with synth noids was so brief.
Australia 😭. Thanks anyway.

The shit around these days is quite easily 1000x AM2201... I too had quite the experience, far from being even remotely pleasant. I didn't smoke it, I just, well, marketed and manufactured this and that. Anyway, that's a lifetime ago.

I'm disappointed in myself. Big time. I know better than this and I'm always (usually) the one people come to for help - especially when they want advice about this drug or that drug, or how they should taper off this or that. But I have now become the one who needs help, and I have no one I can go to. I guess I'm a bit gutless hiding behind a pseudonym, but anyway... Here goes.

Long (Loooooooong) story short, doc got me started with Panadeine Forte, then learned the fine art of CWE when Panadeine EXTRA could be bought OTC... Then started switching up to oxys, morphine, endones - never went for H, makes no difference if I did really. Aussie Government made it almost impossible to get a script for any opiate and banned the OTC sales of codeine containing products. Discovered Rikodeine, got red flagged on the fucking pharmacists database and my time was over. Found Kratom, stuck with that for 3 years, then got black listed with customs. Then I moved on to poppy seeds, those life sucking dark blue balls of misery. I have (had) a source that supplies me with very high quality unwashed seeds so the resulting "tea" is strong. Started on 100g which would keep me well for a day or so, then slowly, slowly... Got to the point where I'm washing batches of 700-900grams, just to feel normal. So much more could be said, but I'll leave it there.

So I'm done. My bins are full of poppy seeds, my supplier is unreliable, the local supermarkets have suspiciously removed poppy seeds from their shelves (no doubt after I'd buy all their stock the second they stocked up)... I'm holding onto life by a few threads and still able to hide all this from the majority of my family, friends and loved ones.

Going to go cold turkey, have a script for clonidine that I'm getting filled first thing in the AM, once I have those (apparently) life saving pills (during WDs) I'm saying good fucking riddance to opiates and hopefully, start a slow but bearable journey back to who I was before this toxic chemical took over my being.

Big BIG love. Be safe, be happy.

PS: Been a member in the past, lost my password lol lurked for years, and only recently came back. I was super active during the Mr. Blonde (user here who I got friendly with IRL) days. So decided to post this here as a way to remind myself to never go back to opi8land.
Get lyrica will take all the pain away pod wd and seed wd is worse then heroin wd it lasts and lasts im going through pod wd now day 8 and my legs feel like the stone and the pain if wife was not home i would cry .

I had a lost deleted claiming I was asking how to source while circumventing laws...I was actually asking what the laws currently are..surely that isn’t the same thing?
If anything I’m asking how to abide by the law

I only tried it once. I got a huge bag of them from the health food store and soaked them in lemon juice overnight. Either it was a weak batch or I did something wrong, because I didn't feel it at all. I'm glad though, because the last thing I need is another addiction. Years ago I was up to like 300-400mg. of Oxy a day, so I might just be immune.

Last edited:
I had a lost deleted claiming I was asking how to source while circumventing laws...I was actually asking what the laws currently are..surely that isn’t the same thing?
If anything I’m asking how to abide by the law
Sorry I'm just now seeing this. The main reason the post was deleted was the The Dark Side is a place for people to come talk about the downside of addictions and mental health while seeking advice and comradery from like-minded individuals. We do not allow discussion pertaining to current recreational drug use or trying to figure out a red flag rule so one can score.

If you want to talk about the evils of rikodeine then you are welcome to create a thread about quitting or recovery. If you want to talk about easier methods from which to obtain said substances, then there are plenty of other subforums around here that may or may not be more suitable depending on their respective Posting Rules at the top of the page. Either way, your post is not Dark Side material. If you have any more questions, please shoot me or any Dark Side mod a PM. Thanks.