• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy Seed Tea.... equivalent seed to pod amount.

Sk1500

Bluelighter
Hi,

I've been having poppy pod tea for about a month now, usually just 1 in the morning and using 20-30g of pod depending on which ones I'm using. Think I've got/had, definitely more got than had though!!! 10kg (22lb)

I've worked out that it's approximately 40-45% pod weight to 55-60% seed weight. So I've got around 5-6kg of seeds. Wanted to try a PST just to gauge the difference and was wondering what a good starting dose would be for me? I'm usually having around 60-100 mg oramorph from about 6pm to bedtime.

I don't know if PST is exactly the same effect as PPT but you just need to use a lot more seeds than pods.

Is the effect exactly the same with seeds? Best simple techniques for making? Etc. I'm wondering if might be a good way to use instead of Oramorph at night. If its best to just keep letting them build up until I run outta pods, which obviously months away or selling, legally on ebay etc.

Thanks people in advance

The effects are more or less the same. But the issue is that it's impossible to judge how strong a given batch of seeds will be, the potency varies hugely.

The effects are more or less the same. But the issue is that it's impossible to judge how strong a given batch of seeds will be, the potency varies hugely.
Ok thanks, can I not get an indication of how much pod I have been using to work this out? I think that 80-90% are from the same retailer.

I am in England though and have heard from several people that because of the annual rain we have that our seeds are usually very good. I don't mind experimenting but what would be a good starting amount?

Cheers

There's absolutely no way we can answer this question mate. Every batch you obtain will vary wildly- the seeds more so than the pods.

The only way to get any consistency is to grow them yourself. This may involve experimentation with different strains for a few seasons then once you find a strain that works for you, only use those seeds and standardise your procedures. I personally would say don't bother with brewing the seeds, they're too much of a wildcard - especially when obtaining from third parties.

Even when you grow your own, there are so many variables involved that determine alkaloid content that every dose is still a gamble. Poppy pods can be extremely strong. I've recently harvested some from my garden that I wasn't intending to use, but as I was pulling the dead stalks out of the ground I decided to hang on to the larger pods just to see what they were like. Twenty marble sized pods blew me away for 36 hours. And the next time and the time after that. These are a strain that I've actively grown for several years, the only difference being the time of harvest. Normally I would chop the pods off soon after the crowns have lifted. This time I just let the plants die in the ground so it was literally poppy straw when I pulled them. Subjectively speaking, it felt like this had maximised the morphine content and minimised the other less desirable alkaloids such as thebaine. The only reason I stopped actively growing them was because I found the effects annoying rather than seductive. This time was totally different purely by chance.

Glad I didn't keep more of them because they were a re-addiction waiting to happen.

So be careful mate, know your source (preferably yourself), standardise procedures and start low. That's probably the best advice we can give.

Last edited:
Ok cheers ppl, just seems frustrating when just over half the weight of the pods is actually the seeds!!!! But safety 1st. Tbh I probably will but start at just say 100g and go from there. Still got kilos of pods left anyway so 🤷‍♂️

Ok cheers ppl, just seems frustrating when just over half the weight of the pods is actually the seeds!!!! But safety 1st. Tbh I probably will but start at just say 100g and go from there. Still got kilos of pods left anyway so 🤷‍♂️

Use the seeds for sowing, not for brewing. The seeds don't contain any active alkaloids but do contain shit that gives you headaches. The only way that seeds are active is from opium latex leaking out of the inner pod wall and coating the seeds which can then be washed off later and ingested. However, this doesn't really happen naturally and results from damage to the inner pod wall from rough handling, scoring for opium collection or pest damage. This is why the seeds are so variable in potency and the best ones would be unwashed seeds from pods that have been grown specifically for opium production and have accidentally been scored too deeply causing the latex to leak inside the pod thus coating the seeds. The rest are shit.

Last edited:
I just was wondering what to do with the seeds, with each 1 or 2kg bag I get, I always break then all up separate the seeds from pods, grind all the pods so I have a level of consistency, weigh amount of pod to use which generally 25-30g depending on the source.

I've got over 4kg of pod left and a huge box of seeds. These are pretty obviously not grown for decor as there is no stem attached. I've mixed all the seeds together and sieved it all a lot. So I should have a similar level of potency per serving as with using the pods.

I'm not really in a position to grow them where I live. I know I can legally sell them on ebay etc but thought I'd give them a go myself either as a softer night drink, which would mean I could reduce or stop my morphine prescription.

I just was wondering what to do with the seeds, with each 1 or 2kg bag I get, I always break then all up separate the seeds from pods, grind all the pods so I have a level of consistency, weigh amount of pod to use which generally 25-30g depending on the source.

I've got over 4kg of pod left and a huge box of seeds. These are pretty obviously not grown for decor as there is no stem attached. I've mixed all the seeds together and sieved it all a lot. So I should have a similar level of potency per serving as with using the pods.

I'm not really in a position to grow them where I live. I know I can legally sell them on ebay etc but thought I'd give them a go myself either as a softer night drink, which would mean I could reduce or stop my morphine prescription.

All I can say is proceed with caution mate. If you already have opiate tolerance then that's a good thing really. But we can't advise what kind of dose you will need.

Less is more and not enough too much. Here we go.
I ration these days. The resources are all in depletion CE. ♡ 🕊
I've got a good cheap reliable source, I don't know how seasonal poppies are if I'm being honest!!! So I'm just squirrelling away, slowly building up couple of kgs a week, which is definitely another reason I was interested in using the seeds. Unfortunately from seeing other posts I'll probably need roughly 10x the amount of seeds to pods but every little helps. Plus if it means I can save up my prescribed morphine it'll make a difference. Unfortunately, in a way, I've realised quickly how much more pleasurable PPT is than Morphine Sulfate

All I can say is proceed with caution mate. If you already have opiate tolerance then that's a good thing really. But we can't advise what kind of dose you will need.
I will do, I'm taking kiddy steps with it because even though I have got a pretty good opiate tolerance, it's the Alkaloids and other little bits in the poppies that I've only had for about a month.

Cheers my friend

I've got a good cheap reliable source, I don't know how seasonal poppies are if I'm being honest!!! So I'm just squirrelling away, slowly building up couple of kgs a week, which is definitely another reason I was interested in using the seeds. Unfortunately from seeing other posts I'll probably need roughly 10x the amount of seeds to pods but every little helps. Plus if it means I can save up my prescribed morphine it'll make a difference. Unfortunately, in a way, I've realised quickly how much more pleasurable PPT is than Morphine Sulfate

Just bear in mind that a PPT habit is more or less equivalent to a methadone habit.

Just bear in mind that a PPT habit is more or less equivalent to a methadone habit.
Yeah I do think I'm going to be in trouble sometime next year!!!!.... I've gone from codeine for about 10 years prescribed, then 3 months-ish on a high prescribed Oramorph habit (gp mistake, think he meant to put me on 40mg daily, got his ÷ and x, muddled up and put me on 160mg daily), then for the last month I've been mainly PPT in the morning and using around 50-120mg Oramorph at night. I'm also prescribed 40mg Diazepam daily and have been on that with maybe 18 months off for the last 10 years too (from 12mg-80mg). Plus I do take Cyclizine and also often have white grapefruit either hour before or combining with lemon when making the tea.

Yeah I do think I'm going to be in trouble sometime next year!!!!.... I've gone from codeine for about 10 years prescribed, then 3 months-ish on a high prescribed Oramorph habit (gp mistake, think he meant to put me on 40mg daily, got his ÷ and x, muddled up and put me on 160mg daily), then for the last month I've been mainly PPT in the morning and using around 50-120mg Oramorph at night. I'm also prescribed 40mg Diazepam daily and have been on that with maybe 18 months off for the last 10 years too (from 12mg-80mg). Plus I do take Cyclizine and also often have white grapefruit either hour before or combining with lemon when making the tea.

Fuckin hell mate, seeds aren't going to do it for you im afraid...

dunno if anyone mentioned, but seeds from dry pods dont really work

Ok, so just put em up for sale on eBay then in 500g lots?
Hard to know what to do. My tolerance hasn't dramatically changed.

I have put on loads of weight since started, I'm sleep walking and often waking up in night very phlegm, sometimes covered in it, luckily I'm a side sleeper. Need make my brain switch off which it is.

Problem I have as well is my son ,9, stays with me few times a week, so have to stick to oramorph when his here, including picking him up. Each week I 'lose 400-500mg.

Think I'm making a terrible year worse, don't know what to do though

Last edited: