• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy pod Tea and earlier Oramorph

Sk1500

Bluelighter
Gonna try my 2nd batch of poppy pod tea. 1st lot I bought were duds, just tasted lemon and looked like orange juice dark, definitely not bitter except lemon.

These ones are gigantic compared to others, some about hand grenade sized. Looks like dry residue on outside and dark blue or purple in the grooves, so think these should work.

I've had ½ my daily oramorph script 80mg, wasn't expecting them to arrive today otherwise I'd probably have had bit less morphine. Was gonna try making a tester 1st one in probably about 5 hours time.

What amount would you recommend to be safe but also enough to know if these ones work.

Thanks ppl in advance

You never know with poppy pods, they very from batch to batch you might need a few, but one might kill you, people have died drinking poppy pod tea using just one, but they probably didn't have a tolerence, but you've got oramorph in your system so I'd go carefull

Maybe wait till tomorrow, also wait a while after trying half a cup as it takes a while to kick in, I don't want to recommend how many you should use as like I said they can range from very mild, to very strong

I might just do say 5g, I just want to know these actually work rather than try try. I don't think they'll be amazing. I've got a pretty high opiate tolerance but thanks, I do appreciate the unpredictability of pods. Got ½kg (1lb) and unless I ground up everything the consistency going to be inconsistent. I'll see how I feel when I get home. I'm going to play it safe as much as is possible with these.

Cheers matey 👍

You're welcome I bought a KG once, I thought I was buying like 6 or 8 poppy pods as I'd wanted to try poppy tea for so long, and then got told by the person who told me where to buy, no it's not 8 it's enough to fill a rucksack, then a day or so after, when they showed up and I laughed as they're was so many lol lasted me a couple of weeks I think, but tolerence builds up so quick, I then scattered the seeds all over the town on grassy areas so might get poppy's growing by spring, well I might, probably not as they not that easy to grow, and I won't be weeding the areas, but it still be funny to see a few pop up here and there if some grow lol

Only just got in, I'll leave til the morning now. Cost £22 for ½ kg, I was expecting 60cm straws on them and I worked out that that would mean each pod had roughly 6g of straw weight, think I must've sent a msg where he realised I wasn't into home decor cos these are cut right to the end lol bonus. Counted them and there's 65 pods, so average over 7.5g a pod!!!! There's some massive ones in there.

Had another 40mg morphine, plus 30mg diazepam, so I'll leave it til tomorrow. Plus probably have bit more morphine in few hours.

Just frustrating cos the 1st lot I bought, came yesterday and about a tenth the size per pod didn't work, plus reading ppl talking about the bitter taste, all I tasted was lemon from the 1st wash and did another 2 after that.

I'll probably go for maybe 5-10 grams on 1st go, without anything else in system. I'm fairly tolerant on opiates and I don't think these are top tier, so sounds like a safe starter.

Cheers matey

I've got pretty high tolerance for codeine and morphine, prescribed 160mg oramorph a day, sometimes 200ish. I'm not sure on some of the other bits in it like thebaine etc, I've had oxycodone and hydrocodone and think that 1 of those come through thebaine but haven't had much of either of those before but been on opiates going back 20 years and pretty much constantly for about 10 years.

You can always add more with any substance but hard going the other way around!!! If its decent though I can what I got anyway lasting at least 2 weeks, especially if I cut out the oramorph or at least ½ it

Just frustrating cos the 1st lot I bought, came yesterday and about a tenth the size per pod didn't work, plus reading ppl talking about the bitter taste, all I tasted was lemon from the 1st wash and did another 2 after that

Yeah it tastes rank, but remember add lemon and sugar and leave for half hour to brew, stirring and squeezing the pods, I tried making tea with the seeds after weeks of keeping on fridge ready to sew around here, but the poppy seed tea just tasted of lemon and was almost clear not dark like it should of been, so I just done what I had wanted in the first place, threw seeds all over town

I tipped most of the seeds into a box with the iffy batch yesterday, definitely wasn't getting any bitterness apart lemon, looked more like dunno chicken stock, I was expecting a brown or dark liquid...... there's so many methods for making. I've gone with what someone who lives on this told me. Do 1st boil with mainly lemon, and top with water, simmer 10 minutes just covering the mix, strain off, put it back in and do 2 more washes just water for 10 minutes. It was literally just like I was drinking lemon, liquid wasn't dark. Tried earlier, 1st thing, with 15 grams, did 2nd wash and was coming out clear. Gulped about half of it and gave up and threw the lot away. 40 tiny pale heads, stalk and seeds (once the other batch arrived). Tbh I'd already had 40ml of oramorph and 20mg diazepam, felt nothing different.

Pretty sure it was really crap batch, especially once I saw order 2 from other seller. How dark should it be once made? Not sure how to show pics on posts yet. I'll be careful with this one though, pods darker with purple especially at end, dried residue on outside and pods with dark lines on inner groves and slightly sticky feeling when pinched a pod.

I'm grinding pods to fine powder with coffee blender, occasionally stirring and even pushing tall glass down when boiling. Is it worth leaving few non ground bits in as well?

Finished making, not drinking, I'll sip slowly, 250ml, almost English tea colour, tastes pretty bitter, not that awful though. Took pic, how do I add, really frustrating.

Used 10mg of powder, no seeds, annoying cos I'm Used to having had 1 or 2 lots of morphine already, not going to gulp it in case it's very Thebaine ish.

Wish me luck lol