• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Poppy pod ,seeds and seedless?

Whats the reason the majority of pods dont have seeds in them and only about 20%do have seeds? Are they like weed with male and female plants that their sexed, but the female is the potent one that buds ?
Just wondering

None of the poppies that sprouted on my fire escape survived, they all just wilted at about 1/2-3/4” high

I tried to grow back when I did pst and could barely get em to sprout, I don’t know how they do it lol but if seeds are still good on the whale or the river I’d just do pst. Got me higher than any opiate other than dilaudid or iv morph. Pods seem like a rip off

Edit: PST feels like morphine when the seeds are good,also incredibly cheap but seems harder to find good unwashed seeds now

Last edited:
I tried to grow back when I did pst and could barely get em to sprout, I don’t know how they do it lol but if seeds are still good on the whale or the river I’d just do pst. Got me higher than any opiate other than dilaudid or iv morph. Pods seem like a rip off

Edit: PST feels like morphine when the seeds are good,also incredibly cheap but seems harder to find good unwashed seeds now
I think I get great pods..the pod high last all day going into the next day too,tolerance grows quick so I limit myself to every 4-5 days…

Poppy’s are fineky little bitches , but we’ll worth the effort, I think all poppy pods seed themselves ? That how it seemed to me, however mature pods have holes at the crown and I think that’s where a lot of seeds go missing, you have very potent seeds try again ;), they do seem to like pretty dry soil so overwatering is a speedy death for them, I think a peatmoss perlite 50-50 might be good for poppy’s, or just get some well draining soil and add a bit more perlite

Last edited:
Poppy’s are fineky little bitches , but we’ll worth the effort, I think all poppy pods seed themselves ? That how it seemed to me, however mature pods have holes at the crown and I think that’s where a lot of seeds go missing, you have very potent seeds try again ;), they do seem to like pretty dry soil so overwatering is a speedy death for them, I think a peatmoss perlite 50-50 might be good for poppy’s, or just get some well draining soil and add a bit more perlite
Im not sure what caused everything to croak so suddenly,i was thinking they just dont get enough sun, the area has southern exposure but the fire escape blocks out the sun for a good part of the day…

Im not sure what caused everything to croak so suddenly,i was thinking they just dont get enough sun, the area has southern exposure but the fire escape blocks out the sun for a good part of the day…
I lost many plants overwatering, you have to find the sweet spot of water, really good draining soil helps a bunch, MG out the bag will be tough on seedlings

Whats the reason the majority of pods dont have seeds in them and only about 20%do have seeds? Are they like weed with male and female plants that their sexed, but the female is the potent one that buds ?
Just wondering

None of the poppies that sprouted on my fire escape survived, they all just wilted at about 1/2-3/4” high

Are you referring to bought pods? If so then it's unusual to find any seeds remaining in them as they have either been deliberately harvested or fallen out with handling

All pods produce seeds (the pod is the fruit) and there are no male or female plants.

What were the ones on your fire escape growing in?

Are you referring to bought pods? If so then it's unusual to find any seeds remaining in them as they have either been deliberately harvested or fallen out with handling

All pods produce seeds (the pod is the fruit) and there are no male or female plants.

I first started a quart size container just to see if they would sprout then I started a two gallon pot but both containers dies when they were only 1/2” high

Gotcha and thanks for explaining,I’d say 80% of my pods are empty of seeds

It’s actually pretty cool how they pollenate themselves, right when it opens up there are a bunch of little cat tail looking things surrounding the baby pod and I believe they let off pollen or something that looks like pollen, such a clever plant

Hey guys, I'm not sure exactly where we should move this, but it's not suited to the Harm Reduction forums, as it's essentially a conversation about general botany. This is fine, obviously, but this isn't the right place for it. Is there a place you guys think it is best suited? Otherwise I'm going to pick and I'm not really sure at this point...

Hey guys, I'm not sure exactly where we should move this, but it's not suited to the Harm Reduction forums, as it's essentially a conversation about general botany. This is fine, obviously, but this isn't the right place for it. Is there a place you guys think it is best suited? Otherwise I'm going to pick and I'm not really sure at this point...
I agree. Probably the best place is Drug Culture as that's where people can discuss drugs that they like to get high on, like to grow, like to cultivate and like to talk about .

It keeps BDD and OD ( which are really only our 2 serious HR subforums ) free and clear for people needing serious questions answered and our support.

I'll move it to DC.

It’s actually pretty cool how they pollenate themselves, right when it opens up there are a bunch of little cat tail looking things surrounding the baby pod and I believe they let off pollen or something that looks like pollen, such a clever plant
With weed the females make the seed in their calyx which if not pollinated it just multiples into more calyx’s which is actually the bud,if pollinated it puts all its energy into seed production,males have a stamen which releases pollen and doesn’t produce bud..

Any of your grown pods have seeds in them ? If they all do it’s true they all produce seeds ,,do the pods you buy have a majority of pods without seeds in them ?

With weed the females make the seed in their calyx which if not pollinated it just multiples into more calyx’s which is actually the bud,if pollinated it puts all its energy into seed production,males have a stamen which releases pollen and doesn’t produce bud..

Any of your grown pods have seeds in them ? If they all do it’s true they all produce seeds ,,do the pods you buy have a majority of pods without seeds in them ?
All my pods were seeded

Poppies have both male and female parts in each flower, they do not have separate male and female flowers nor plants.
Gotcha , weed is different it has two sexes but you do get
her·maph·ro·dite plants which I believe are all female dominate plants with male flowers on it ,I had one when I was growing ,( I just pruned the male flowers off to grow seedless flower)could’ve been stress related or just genetics in a bid to survive/reproduce..