• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Poppy plants

draculic acid69

Bluelighter
Lets say184g of poppy plant material comprising everything from sprouts to 10 inch tall plants were made into a tea and simmered to a thick black liquid. Does anyone have experience in preserving the juice? Is it safe to freeze it or will that cause the morphine to break down? I heard somewhere that magic mushroom tea should not be frozen as it breaks down just want to know if this applies to poppy juice.cant keep it at room temperature bcoz mould will form and the fridge won't keep it good forever.

You can freeze it without any problems. It doesn't degrade.

Excellent.20ml of this was quite potent and yesterday I took a panadeine forte with it and it was heavenly.does anyone know how to get the superfine particle dust out of it. A t-shirt and coffee filters then a 5um fritted glass funnel was tried with not much success.still a bit of dust got through the filter.next time I'll try filtering through celite.any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

You can wait for it to settle at the bottom and syphone the top into another vessel. Then you could try getting rid of it from a much smaller volume of liquid (the one that is left in the original vessel).

You can wait for it to settle at the bottom and syphone the top into another vessel. Then you could try getting rid of it from a much smaller volume of liquid (the one that is left in the original vessel).
It would go off by the time it settled to the bottom.and then even if you very slowly and carefully sucked the top off with a large cough syrup syringe as soon as you get near the bottom the suction from the syringe will disturb the superfine dust and it will get sucked up with the liquid.ive tried it and it's not effective enough.i think diatomaceous earth is what I need to try.

Of the two possibilities for keeping poppy extracts for a longer time, freezing is the one I prefer because they other is to boil off the water, which requires heating to a temperature which can impact the alkaloids in various ways but not consistently in clearly good ways, or it would have to be done under vacuo, the equipment for which few people are going to have.

The thing about poppy pod and poppy straw (whole plant without seeds) tea which is different from poppy seed tea is that the latter turns impotable and smells awful and starts this process within hours, but pod tea and improvised Concentrate of Poppy Straw I have not only kept in the refrigerator for weeks and freezer for more than a month, but also carried with my in bottles at room temperature for up to eight days.

If you are going to keep it for a long time, you could improve the shelf-life further by doing a quick pasteurisation of the extract -- bring the solution to a boil briefly or heat to more than 80°C for 5-15 minutes, then cool it right away with ice or in a metal container in an ice bath; it can be done once, or more than once.

I am currently doing an experiment to see if I can make poppy seed tea which does not become rancid right away by doing the extraction with acidified water, then adding 100 per cent ethanol to bring the solution to some thing like 30 per cent alcohol then heat it to fractionally distill out the alcohol, and hopefully what I will is a more concentrated solution which was largely sterilised by the alcohol and therefore does not do the dramatic rapid spoilage., I am also going to try doing the extraction with šljivovica and boiling out the alcohol to get an even smaller and much more concentrated solution in the end.

On the other hand, I can also use Everclear with a little bit of white vinegar added to get a 6.5 pH and assure there is enough water and alcohol to dissolve the alkaloids and heat it up a bit when extracting, then leave the alcohol in and do it as a shot like šljivovica and mixing such a very concentrated opium solution in alcohol from such a process into absinthe would also result in a bitchin' new drink that may make people feel just like Jesus' gardener and/or Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec all at once . . .

Last edited:
You really don't need acid the goodies are fully water soluble in there plant form.adding acid is unnecessary and using alcohol in the extraction will just extract a lot more of the fats and oils which you don't want.you should only add alcohol as a preservative after you've got your extract concentrated to how strong you want it.

Has anyone ever tried heating the resulting putty in toluene or hexane or something to try and dissolve all the fats and oils?it should purify it a little bit.maybe

You really don't need acid the goodies are fully water soluble in there plant form.adding acid is unnecessary and using alcohol in the extraction will just extract a lot more of the fats and oils which you don't want.you should only add alcohol as a preservative after you've got your extract concentrated to how strong you want it.

The latter seems to be working nicely so far . . . an earlier attempt to see if monosodium glutamate works as a preservative simply produced a very powerful stool softening/osmotic/stimulant/lubricant laxative . . .

So I should start using msg as a stool softening laxative? Personally I find mannitol to be the most effective laxative.

So I should start using msg as a stool softening laxative? Personally I find mannitol to be the most effective laxative.

It varies from person to person, and I hear diarrhoea from MSG described by some as an allergy . . . The stool softener in a concentrated poppy seed extract with lots of MSG in it would appear to be the poppy seed oil as well as maybe some other resins and oils . . . I hear from lots of folks and have noticed that poppy straw and pod extracts especially but also a lot of those with seeds work well as intestinal tract deodourisers, something that if narrowed down to see what makes it do that would be really good for nurses, home health workers and everyone else -- my guess is that it is varying levels of poppy seed oil, other oils and resins from the poppy plant, chlorophyll in some form, and if relevant lime and/or lemon oil, present both in fresh-squeezed and bottled reconstituted lemon and lime juice, and the juices themselves . . . add in celery and parsley oil and it would solve just about anything unpleasant coming out either end . . .