• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

polygala tenuifola, MAO inhibition, cocaine

cdin

Moderator: H&R; Discord Sr. Staff
Staff member
so, I've been using and appreciating the effects of polygala tenuifola for the last week, I have a 20:1 extract. The data on it's pharmacology seems to suggest it possesses MAOI, and triple reuptake properties at SERT, NET and DAT. It also appears that these compounds are in small concentration and not very bioavailable. I am playing a show in a few days, and I shit you not on my doorstep I found a small baggie with (after testing) about 200mg of highly pure (according to levamisole/mmc purity tests) coke, which I'd like to do after playing in two shots. Now, taking these at the same time is pretty out of the question, but what if I waited 24 hours? would that be reasonable? any insight appreciated.

that's what i was getting at, haven't been able to find one. Although, it seems to last a few hours at most, then peter out.

It remains to be conclusively established that compounds in this plant actually inhibit MAO, as opposed to simply being substrates that are metabolized by MAO. If they are just substrates then you don't have to worry about an interaction.

In any event, I don't think that any studies have looked at the pharmacokinetics of these compounds in humans. My gut feeling is that if you wait 24 h you will probably be fine -- but that is assuming that the extract is what you think it is and that the few pharmacological findings that have been reported for the plant are accurate.