• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Poll - Do you think Acid is just Acid or Batches Can Vary

I rest somewhere between a and b.. I do somewhat belive that lsd is what is going to give you the effects, plain and simple.. but a bad synthesis can likely cause I'll side effects which will possibly effect how your trip goes.

OP I advise that if you want to make a somewhat mature rational and educated poll like this, please refrain from using drug slang terms. Especialy considering g your talking g specificaly about the molecule itself

Batches are highly variable. If you can't tell the difference between an under-reacted, impure ergoloid and perfect LSD you haven't consumed quality LSD.

LSD is just LSD, it's all the same. The only variance you might see is the concentration, or strength of a dose, ie 150ug blotter, 220ug, 90ug, but that's it.

I believe that all the LSD out there is just left over stock from Pickard, a big cook from ~15 years ago or so (they say his bust caused over 90% drop in LSD availaibility, other 10% was probably shit he already had sold to distributors since he had operated for a long time and made TONS of acid, and none of his distributors/customers got busted).

It's a very straightforward chemical, especially considering it's dose. It's not like, say, street heroin or mushrooms, where you are getting high off possibly multiple chemicals that are similar, but slightly different (ie that's why tar heroin with significantly more morphine leftover, feels so much 'sleepier' and nods harder than powder heroin, or shrooms can feel different from various batches due to differing relative concentrations of psilocybin and psilocin).

The problem is that people are often doing RCs and thinking it was LSD. Unless you use test all your batches, you won't know. I've done it hundreds of times, I've bought it tons of times from various different people over 10 years, and every time it's always felt the same and I've confirmed recently what I've always come across was legit via ehrlich.

No, I actually think by far the biggest problem is that when people have had a clean experience with LSD for them this entirely identifies with the glorified idea of LSD that they have. Then when they have a trip with a lot of side-effects they experience cognitive dissonance and come up with elaborate and often more or less plausible theories to explain it. This safeguards and validates their previous experiences, also it confirms their very beautiful though mythical image of LSD, similar to but stronger than what people may do to other memories of their lives.

Don't get me wrong, I used to be a victim of such fallacies but at some point during these debates I admitted to my own bias. Since then I think that there may be a case to be made (hell I really tried to help make that motha), but it seems to be a very weak one.

I am reminded a little of debates about the placebo effect. It can be very hard to get a person to understand that there is no true exemption from it, only some likelihood that what you experienced "adds up".