• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Police say teen overdosed from LSD-like drug

my3rdeye

Bluelighter
Another nbome death, getting to be a lot of them. First one I have seen in Canada too. At least the cops had the sense to not blame acid, and show the print too. Most times they just say "all drugs are dangerous" and give no other info because they are dicks and don't care if we die. I assume the kid ordered it himself and wasn't deceived by a reseller.

Police say teen overdosed from LSD-like drug

London Community News
Stratford Police Service’s Criminal Investigation Division is investigating the death of a 17-year-old Stratford resident who died in his home on Thursday (Aug. 29).

While the investigation is in its early stages, police believe the teenager’s death was the result of an overdose on a form of 25iNBOMe, a drug similar to LCD that is commonly known on the street as acid.

“A postmortem has yet to be conducted and police are awaiting analysis from Health Canada of the suspected illicit drug,” Deputy Chief Mike Bellai said Saturday.

25iNBOMe is a designer type of drug that is similar in appearance to LSD, a drug that was popular in the 70s and ’80s. 25INBOMe has been detected in powder form similar to cocaine in appearance and in paper-based blotter form depicting different printed images. Illicit use of this drug results in feelings of euphoria and psychedelic effects, and has resulted in hospitalizations and deaths in the United States.

Police are asking anyone who may be in possession of any substance resembling that which is depicted in the accompanying photograph to turn it in to the local police for safe disposal.

“The product is extremely dangerous,” Bellai said.

- Stratford Gazette

http://www.londoncommunitynews.com/news-story/4058628-police-say-teen-overdosed-from-lsd-like-drug/

Im so fucking tired of idiotic Reporters, ''Lsd like drug'' CALL it what it fucking is, NBOMES you dickheads

the teenager’s death was the result of an overdose on a form of 25iNBOMe, a drug similar to LCD that is commonly known on the street as acid.

^^^a drug similar to LCD ??? Dont these assholes proof read anything before they publish it...... :|

LCD, eh? I'm gonna crack my monitor open, lick it and get high as shit. 8)

Im so fucking tired of idiotic Reporters, ''Lsd like drug'' CALL it what it fucking is, NBOMES you dickheads

It's not really fair to blame reporters for the technical naivety of their readers. Certainly the average reader of "London Community News" has no earthly clue what 25I-NBOMe is, but has heard of LSD. The drug is very frequently sold as LSD, appears to the naked eye as LSD, and has a pharmacology that is in LSD's ballpark.

The LCD typo aside, does the writer really deserve to be called an idiotic dickhead here?

^^ Yes because they need to learn the difference. Soon there will be myths all over how LSD kills people and blablabla. Most of the people have internet nowdays, how hard is it to look whats NBOME is ? There is a big difference between LSD and NBOME. I dont even understand how can someone would voluntarily take it. Id rather take some DPH. And i hate deleriants and all. I believe people should start to open there eyes and see whats in their face. THe media juswt does a great job a fucking up drug's image.

I think "LSD like drug" is a reasonable term for Joe Reader as long as they stress that people can die from nbomes unlike LSD. In fact maybe people who just have drop acid should be made aware because they skip all the "deadly designer drug" stories because they think it doesn't apply to them. I met two older acid heads recently who don't go on sites like this who were totally unaware you could die from fake acid. Acid has just always been safe in their world and they had no idea people are dying.
Another article

A 17-year-old died at his Stratford home Thursday in what police say was a drug overdose. Though still investigating, Stratford’s deputy police Chief, Mike Bellai, said officers believe he overdosed on 25iNBOMe – a psychedelic drug similar to LSD, commonly known on the street as acid.

A post-mortem is scheduled.

Police say the ‘designer” drug they suspect may be involved in the death is similar to the LSD that was popular in the 1970s and ’80s. It’s been seen in powder form, similar to cocaine, and in paper-based blotter form bearing various printed images.

It can induce feelings of euphoria and psychedelic effects and has resulted in hospitalizations and deaths in the United States.

Police are warning that the product is extremely dangerous and are urging anyone in possession of the drug to turn it in to local police for safe disposal.

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/08/31/suspected-overdose-on-acid-type-drug-kills-stratford-teenager