• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Police Ransacked a Man’s Truck Looking for Drugs. They Didn’t Find Any, So They Left

foolsgold

Bluelighter
Common courtesy dictates that if you damage a car in a parking lot, you leave a note.

Tampa police apparently practice a form of common courtesy.

A Florida business owner returned to his truck after attending a Juicy J concert to find it torn apart, WFLA-TV reported.

Screen-Shot-2014-06-07-at-2.22.33-PM-620x387.png

But the truck hadn’t been ransacked by thieves or vandals — Tampa police had searched the car for drugs, acting after a canine registered a hit on the truck.

The police didn’t find any marijuana, so they left a note behind.

Screen-Shot-2014-06-07-at-2.08.19-PM-441x620.jpg

The business owner, Matthew Heller, told WFLA-TV that he’s poured his life savings into the truck, which he uses as a promotional tool for his business, and that the truck suffered damage as a result of the police search.

Heller noted that his truck sits three feet off the ground, so he was unsure how a dog could get a hit on it — and since the truck was parked outside a venue where Juicy J was performing, it’s possible the scent of drugs was all around.

[video]http://www.wfla.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=10240566[/video]

“It was all sealed up, a parked vehicle in a private parking lot for a hip hop concert in Ybor,” Heller said. “There were all kinds of smells, everywhere around here.”

Police told WFLA-TV that the search was unorthodox but legal, while an attorney speaking with the station questioning the search’s legality.

Either way, Heller seemed just as surprised as he was steamed by the incident.

“You think if anyone is going to break into your vehicle in Ybor,” Heller said, “the last person you think, it’s going to be the cops.”

LOL, I was just reading this story and wondering whether I should post it in DitM.

You know it's strange days when a cop and his fellow piggies are able to break into a parked/locked vehicle, then ransack the shit out of it, and isn't reprimanded in any way. Anyone else would be in jail.

United Police States of America - representin'.

Perhaps the "probable smell" officer's monthly drug arrest quota is really low.

That is lame - why damage the guy's property because there might be some flowers in it?
But at least they left a note. I can imagine cops not leaving the note, and the truck owner just being puzzled...

Handwritten note? doesn't really seem like the cops' style ...

edit: What I'm saying is I think some random thugs broke into his car and left a note saying it was the cops so that he would ignore it

Last edited:
" unorthodox but legal" since police men are hardly lawyers and more than a few seem to be half wits I would consult a higher authority.

I hate the police more and more everyday...and yea at first I thought maybe someone made it seem like it was the cops, but look at the top of the note, those are the same kind of little notepads the pigs carry around, u can tell BC it has the metal spiral that pits those tears in the paper. FUCK THE POLICE. I'm not for going around suing ppl for dumb shit, but they should pay for damages to his truck. Ffs a dog smelled weed at a juicy j comceert? Omg! I bet you it was that guy!

I bet they were looking to steal the truck. did I say steal. yeah I did.. I think they call it something else though so they can pretend its not criminal

These piggies must be wiping their asses with pamphlet-copies of The Fourth Amendment.