• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Police raid Chicago apartment, seize beer-making equipment

Bluelight Crew
As dignitaries arrive for the NATO Summit in Chicago, protesters and police are making news for an arrest controversy earlier this week in Bridgeport.

For the first time, as CBS 2’s Pam Zekman reports, one of the nine protesters scooped up by police in a controversial raid says he was mistreated and his civil rights violated.

Darrin Annussek says he walked to Chicago from Philadelphia to participate in Occupy protests, only to be seized by police in a raid on an apartment at 32nd and Morgan.

“For 18 hours, we were handcuffed to a bench and our legs were shackled together,” he said. “Some of our cries for the bathroom were either ignored or met with silence.”

Annusek was released Friday morning along with four others reportedly suspected of preparing molotov cocktails. At least one other detainee was released several hours later Friday.

Kris Hermes, of the National Lawyers Guild said: “There is absolutely no evidence of molotov cocktails or any other criminal activity going on at this building.”

A tenant who agreed to host the out-of-town protesters says the police did seize his home-brew making equipment, including buckets, beer bottles and caps.

“If anybody would like some, I would like to offer them a sip of my beer,” said William Vassilakis.

The National Lawyers Guild says the warrantless raid violated their clients’ civil rights.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/05...ges-mistreatment-after-police-raid-apartment/

I'm confused here. The police raided them for what reason again? They thought they may be making Molotovs? Didn't bother to get a warrant?

INB4"Police State"

They need to make a phone call to the ACLU and get these cops fired.

Oh shit, a dangerous beer chemist is in custody thanks to the wonderful police.

Seriously though, they should lose their jobs and have to return his equipment.

Theres a new threat in town, and his name,

Mr Beer.

mrbeer.jpg

I'm not a skilled insurgent or anything, but isn't gasoline sold in Chicago? Why would someone need to ferment their own flammable liquid?

NATO is safe and can sleep peacefully knowing someone's beer equipment has been reappropriated.

meanwhile in afghanistan...