• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Pokémon

Señor_DopeyBrown

Greenlighter
I recently discovered that netflix has the first season of pokemon!!! I'm 22 y/o and grew up with that shit, so I have been on a binge watching sesh of the whole first season.

God damn did it bring me back to the young, drug free me! I was obsessed with pokemon as a kid and it gave me hours upon hours of happiness pretending to be cool looking pokemon! I would pretend to be a charzard or a syther and me and my cousin's and my childhood friends would just beat shit out of each other pretending we where pokemon in a epic battle!

So with my childhood buzzing in my head I decided to look up the new pokemon and see how epic they look now and BOYbwas I disappointed, with a few exceptions, a lot of the new pokemon look fucking gay as fuck! Syther was a bad ass, mean looking mother fucker and his new evolved form looks like a fucking ant with claws! Wtf pokemon? Why are they aiming for cute and pathetic instead of epic and awesome looking?

What do you new or old pokemon fans think of my observation? Am I just and old fart who is stuck in the good o'l days? Or do you guys agree with me that A LOT of the new pokemon are just flat out lame to look at ?

All opinions are welcome and there will be no fighting over a fucking video game/cartoon but strong minded opinions are more then welcome!

new pkmns are a bit lame tbh, I think they exausted the ideas (understandable)
I can't comment on the latest games (black and white, x and y etc) because i've never playes them but I can attest for the awesomeness of the first gen games, I spent 1000+ hours on that shit! and I enjoy them today, in fact I was playing pkmn silver recently (my fav pokemon game ever)and man the nostalgia flood! that game is a masterpiece I tell you.

Hehe.. Well, aww dang. I guess I do have somthin' in common with ol' comfy (LoL~ya know you're still my hero, big C!) I gotta say, for a quiet bit of innocent fun, how can ya beat pkmn Silver! LoL ~ I had fun with it a few years ago, & now, my son is still totally into it. Haha, it don't get too much better then that ;) ~ LoL!!!

Completely agree Comfy the OG 150 had some mean looking pokemon. And yes the new ones look lame as hell but a few look sweet. Probably right about how Nintendo just ran out of ideas. I wana get into the games again has any one played the new x and y? How is it?

I recently discovered that netflix has the first season of pokemon!!! I'm 22 y/o and grew up with that shit, so I have been on a binge watching sesh of the whole first season.

God damn did it bring me back to the young, drug free me! I was obsessed with pokemon as a kid and it gave me hours upon hours of happiness pretending to be cool looking pokemon! I would pretend to be a charzard or a syther and me and my cousin's and my childhood friends would just beat shit out of each other pretending we where pokemon in a epic battle!

So with my childhood buzzing in my head I decided to look up the new pokemon and see how epic they look now and BOYbwas I disappointed, with a few exceptions, a lot of the new pokemon look fucking gay as fuck! Syther was a bad ass, mean looking mother fucker and his new evolved form looks like a fucking ant with claws! Wtf pokemon? Why are they aiming for cute and pathetic instead of epic and awesome looking?

What do you new or old pokemon fans think of my observation? Am I just and old fart who is stuck in the good o'l days? Or do you guys agree with me that A LOT of the new pokemon are just flat out lame to look at ?

All opinions are welcome and there will be no fighting over a fucking video game/cartoon but strong minded opinions are more then welcome!

I'm going to jump in here and give you my personal opinion because I'm glad to see someone else who's still a fan :).

I grew up with Pokemon. I've been playing the games since I was young, and the anime was clearly more popular back during its genesis. Of course, this led to long hours of playing the game (Pokemon Yellow was borrowed, but Pokemon Ruby was the first game I actually owned). Yeah, I couldn't let go of it. It was fun as fuck and the concept was everything but boring.

But the excitement in my eyes glistened when I found out that they were releasing a new generation of Pokemon (after Ruby/Sapphire: gen 3). I was excited as HELL. Then I saw the new Pokemon, and man, the new ones kicked ass. This of course progressed with the addition of two newer generations.

I can understand why genwunners (those prideful in their favoritism towards the first generation--not a derogatory term, I swear, haha) loved the first generation: it was part of their childhood. Of course they would look fucking awesome. And I agree, they were! But, in comparison to the newer generations, the concepts actually haven't changed at all. If you think Gens 4-6, maybe some in 3, were shit, you probably haven't taken a closer look at all of them. Oddish is just a blue radish; Muk, a pile of scum; Onix, a tower of fucking rocks. BUT they were fucking cool? Why? 'Cause they just were.

Pokemon really hasn't changed. The concept's the same. What's the difference? The Pokemon are different. That's it. Each generation has its own region, its own environment. Hell, Unova (Gen 5) is based off the US and the Pokemon were meant to be based off of an industrial theme.

Here's an excerpt from Bulbapedia, a highly recognized Pokemon wiki:

[h=3]Unova thematic motif[/h]The fifth generation of Pokémon games focuses on the relationships between opposites, such as nature and industry or humans and Pokémon. This comes from the concept of Yin and Yang, which the legendary mascots of Pokémon Black and White, Reshiram and Zekrom, are based on, with another reference being that Reshiram is the mascot of Black and Zekrom being the mascot of White—both are opposite colored to the game's color, while version mascots beforehand had always matched. The Swords of Justice also represent this theme as they are trying to prevent Pokémon from losing their natural habitats to human industry. The generation's main antagonists, Team Plasma, also fit in with this theme, as their goal is to separate Pokémon from humans. Some of the cities also reflect this theme by being aesthetically different depending on the version of the game; two major examples of this are Black City andWhite Forest, two version-exclusive locations. The Dream World, which is supposed to combine dreams and reality, also fits into this theme.
Source: Bulbapedia

Of course, fans will have Pokemon they don't like. I didn't (still don't) like a lot of the Generation 1 Pokemon because they feel too plain. My favorite generation is Generation 5, and my least favorite is actually the previous one, Gen 4. Samurott is my favorite. And I think it's pretty bad ass.

Still a fan of Pokemon. Although I might still have a judgmental eye, I'm more than fucking excited for the new generations to come (hopefully being based on more places in the US).