• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

PLZ HELP! Body won't get out of withdrawal for any opiate! Not on subs or blockers!

Stamps

Greenlighter
Every opiate I take is causing me to go into a worse withdrawal rather than getting me out of it. Had a urine test for subs to see if I was contaminated and it was negative. Even strong pure heroin is putting me into a WORSE WITHDRAWAL! Methadone isn't working either! NOT on a blocking dose of methadone either, and by now, any stronger opiate should be helping, not making it worse! NO ONE HAS HEARD OF THIS BEFORE PLEASE HELP!

The more I take, the worse the w/ds get!

You're going to need to provide some backstory for us to even figure out what the question is.

Drug of choice, general history, and duration of use would be helpful as well as what recently happened to put you in withdrawal.

Sorry, I posted another thread with a long backstory earlier and got no responses, so I decided to repost something short out of desperation for someone to help me. Here's what I wrote in my last thread:

EVERY OPIATE throwing me into withdrawal! Not on subutex or naloxone. Doctors baffled

Yesterday 12:58
I've been on methadone but it seems like the higher my dose goes, the faster I go into withdrawal. I figured my body cannot tolerate the drop in medication levels over the course of the day, in spite of the 24-hour half life on average (which would be an even steeper drop if I'm a fast metabolizer). The weird thing is my dose has NEVER held me for a full 24-hours, I never reached a stabilizing dose. I've tried to bear the w/ds, but have bridged those gaps til my next morning dose at the clinic with methadone itself, and then eventually what lead me there in the first place: heroin. The clinic only builds doses up 5 mgs every 3 days so it was agony trying to reach that mythical stabilizing dose when I seemed to be feeling worse withdrawals the higher the methadone went. Something odd happened in the last few weeks -- thought I had a flu for the last 2 weeks, then a few days ago I finally went into total withdrawal, and when I tried to get out of methadone withdrawal with heroin, it sent me into a WORSE withdrawal! I thought I just needed more, so I did more -- leading to an even WORSE withdrawal. The clinic did a urine test the next day because I thought maybe someone cut Suboxone into the heroin, but I only came up positive for morphine and not the buprenorphine! Every single thing I have tried has made my withdrawal even worse, whether it be strong heroin, oxycodone, or methadone itself -- the more I take, the worse the withdrawal! I'm so confused and scared, no one knows what this is! My methadone is at 45 mgs right now and I'm sicker at this level than I was at 25 mgs! What the hell happened?! NOT looking forward to a forced 6-week withdrawal from methadone with no prospect of any kind of fall back if I can't handle it! :( What is this? I can't find another case like mine. Heroin never failed if I went into withdrawal from a missed dose, so what is happening? Why is my body rejecting EVERY OPIATE???

I have NEVER heard of this or seen another case like mine. It's a curse from God or something.

My drug of choice WAS east coast heroin - insufflated up to 30 bags a day at my worst, tapered myself down to 4 bags a day in a few weeks painlessly, then switched to methadone because my doctor was going to drop me if I didn't do it. On it 2 months or so, up to only 45 mgs.

My body rejected subs because of my high tolerance, which is why my doc wanted methadone (and YES, I induced it PROPERLY, 25 hour wait and a high number on the COWS), maybe this is like that, but now my body goes into withdrawal from ALL opiates?

The only other confounding factor I can think of is that I stopped Gabapentin awhile ago, maybe that caused this somehow? It can mimic opiate withdrawal from what I read, but it doesn't explain why taking an opiate would make my withdrawals then feel WORSE, not better! Friday was the last day I took anything-49 hours ago. I tried taking ONE mg of methadone 30 minutes ago and I feel worse hot/cold flashes now! Makes no sense! At least I didn't down it all and get sent to hell again, or do a strong bag. Both made it SO MUCH WORSE!

Guess your answer is to take nothing at all seeing that every thing else throws you into wds. Maybe a blessing in diguise and you can be opiate free. Good luck. Never heard of this before. You sure you're nit having panic attacks bc you're afraid it's gonna happen after you take something?

That's...weird.

I have heard of pain getting much worse from taking opioids (opioid induced hyperalgesia), but never that just wd increased.

Any chance that someone gave you a Vivitrol shot? Or have you taken Tramadol? The odd thing to me is that you get worse with increasing dose. Almost like you're allergic to the methadone!!

Can you start taking the gabapentin again to ensure that's not the issue ?

Can't get a hold of my doctor to refill the Gabapentin, but I'm working on buying some from a friend or going inpatient to get it hopefully (tho they never seem to wanna give me my Klonopin prescription in hospitals, the bastards, so that's risky). The gabapentin helps the withdrawals but not to the extent that I believe it was gabapentin withdrawal itself. It's just helping the opiate withdrawals, which are only 2 days in to a 42-day hell of methadone w/d. Not a panic attack, had NO expectation of this happening when I took the heroin. Railed 4 bags at once cuz I thought maybe that first bag making me feel bad meant it was just too weak, boy did those 4 bags do me in :(. No one has ever heard of this, wish I could find some kind of worldwide expert to come do a case study on me. It's SO BIZARRE!

I asked my methadone clinic to do a piss test the day after I did those four bags because they didn't know what was happening either, and it came up negative for bupenorphine and positive for morphine. I really thought subs must've been in there, but no.

I have a friend on heroin who cannot take tramadol, has a horrible reaction probably because of her high tolerance or the effects on other neurotransmitters. They didn't test for tramadol of course, but I doubt that's the case, given that oxycodone from percocet and methadone are also causing the withdrawals to worsen - hot/cold flashes, tachycardia, feeling so bad I want to die, insomnia, restlessness, RLS, violently jerking in bed, stomach cramps, yawning, tearing, aches, leg bone pains, loose stools at this point but not diarrhea just yet -- so scared for this to progress with no possible out! I might blow my head off! Ugh!

Last edited:
There are quite a few ailments that mimic opiate withdrawals. One of which is liver failure. Quite a few problems in your endocrine system will give you intense withdrawal symptoms. I would highly suggest going to a doctor and getting a full blood workup. Chances are they didn't test for proteins in your urine when they did that urine test to see if you had other drugs in your urine. (wow that is the most times I wrote urine in a urine fueled, urine directed sentence) Never just assume its the drugs.

Your endocrine system being messed up can make you all sorts of sick. It usually has a snowballing type effect as well. Once one part of the system has a problem, other parts of the system have to work harder. For example. I have liver problems, this has caused my kidneys to have to work harder.

Just go to a doctor, ask him to write you a script for a full blood workup (generally eleven or twelve vials) and you will have a better idea of what you are dealing with.

That would kind of make sense, if for instance your liver isn't properly processing the drugs, it could make you sicker every time you take one. It would be like introducing toxins to your body that your systems can't clear

I think the blood work up is probably your best bet. There are some very knowledgeable BLers in the medical field, hopefully one will chime in

Still in withdrawal. The gabapentin and my klonopin help, as does eating carbs -- especially graham crackers and high fiber meals like oatmeal for some reason (serotonin?). Please pray for me even though it isn't scientific or whatever. I mean it, I even want the atheists to pray for me. I'm at death's door.

If the heroin was contaminated with tramadol, would that cause this? it causes a precipitated withdrawal?

That's...weird.

I have heard of pain getting much worse from taking opioids (opioid induced hyperalgesia), but never that just wd increased.

Any chance that someone gave you a Vivitrol shot? Or have you taken Tramadol? The odd thing to me is that you get worse with increasing dose. Almost like you're allergic to the methadone!!

Can you start taking the gabapentin again to ensure that's not the issue ?

Asking about Tramadol with regard to this post.

I would suggest the same as manboychef and in my opinion you should be in a hospital setting receiving symptomatic treatment and getting those vitals screened at regular intervals.

It truly seems like liver or renal failure with a possible serotonin syndrome.

Asking about Tramadol with regard to this post.

Tramadol can cause withdrawal in methadone patients. I've been on the clinic more than once ( different ones ) and all warn you about taking tramadol. Along with naltrexone, etc.

Have you looked into it being a liver issue, it would make sense if your liver can't process the drug thus your body reacts like its toxic?

My body rejects all opioids going in withdrawal

Hi stamps
I've have the same feelings as you describe
My body rejects all opioids and I'm going to a withdrawal if I take anything it horrible, I just wanna die,
Have you found out what's wrong with you because I'm going through the same thing
Plz reply

Hi stamps I'm going through the same thing my body rejects all kind of opioids and I'm going to a heavy withdrawal,
Did you find out what's the cause ?
Because I'm dying any opioids I'm taking instead of feeling better I'm going in a withdrawal plz reply to me .
This is my email: [email protected]

I know this thread is old but OP mentioned klonopin as well, I would bet money that it's a paradoxical tolerance withdrawal from the benzo...and opiates don't touch benzo withdraws from what I've read.

I don't know how long OP took Clonozepam and Gabapentin for but cold turkeying off GABA drugs messes with your Central Nervous system its important to do a taper... the Gaba receptors are nothing to mess with