• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Plugging Sonata/Zaleplon

Blueberrie

Greenlighter
First real post, after five years of lurking and searching I finally had a question I couldn't find the answer to so I registered.

I had some lower dosage zaleplon a while back and kept hearing that they could be fun. I read a few places the best ROA for bioavailability was intranasal. The dosages I had decided on after researching required me to dump the powder out of a few gel caps. I didn't really get much other than way too much powder up my nose. I also tried eating a higher than prescribed dose and didn't feel anything significant. I was on a high dose of xanax er a daily. They even didn't help me sleep when I doubled my dose, so I forgot about them.

A few days ago I ran into the rest of this script and decided to see if you could plug them. I searched all over the web and couldn't find anything other than a few vague posts where the poster mentioned that they didn't think zaleplon was soluble. I found charts with other z-drugs listed and they weren't soluble in water either. I decided to find out for myself.

More research led me to push the dosage up because the lower doses had no effect. I emptied the capsules and then added hot water, it didn't dissolve even after repeated stirring. Zaleplon is not significantly soluble in water. I agitated the water and plugged the suspension.

I felt a light-moderate benzo-like relaxation, and a few things wiggled once or twice in the corner of my eye. Not what I was expecting considering I no longer take any hypnotics regularly, the dose increase, and the new ROA. I had taken my adderall, but I felt that should mainly effect the tiredness and relaxation.

Is there a reason plugging zaleplon won't work?

Any ideas of what useful liquids zaleplon is or might be soluble in?

Anyone else have any knowledge or experience related to plugging zaleplon?

why dont you swallow it on an empty stomach? it has a super high oral BA, with a a very short half-life.

you would be plugging sonata multiple times to keep the high, compared to swallowing a pill or two on the go.

swallow your pills, they were meant to be swallowed. especially benzos, except for a few exceptions, triazolam, midazolam, ect...

I know that zolpidem works extremely well rectally, but I think it saturates in water at ~20mg/mL, so factor in the solubility.

I will be testing the alcohol solubility of zaleplon in a tietery alcohol (2m2b) for the purposes of rectal administration..

I realize plugging 2m2b may sound crazy or unappealing to some.. Haha, but it's really not. As long as you lie down & give it time to absorb into the rectal tissue ...Loperamide (,unless you use opiates regularly) taken 0.5-1hr prior to administration completely diminishes any GI tract discomfort

Well- roughly 80-110mg of powder (which contains the 10mg of zaleplon) would very sparsely dissolve in 5ml of tert-amyl-alcohol (2m2b)... I don't recommend this ROA for zaleplon. Especially if you're dosing0 rectally, you'd basically just be ingesting a suspension, as it doesn't very much seem like zaleplon thoroughly dissolves into the solution... however, i'm not a chemist (i only play one one the internet =D ) so i don't know what proportion of actual zaleplon or binders/fillers etc actually dissolved in the tert-amyl-alcohol solvent.... binders, fillers, & active ingredient obviously have totally different solubility profiles...?

I've plugged plenty of shit that wasn't in solution, just in suspension, and it's all worked just fine. Your rectum will absorb the water very rapidly and then the insoluble particulates are right there on the mucous membrane. If it works in your nose it will work in your ass.