• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Plugging Liquid morphine

PieceByPiece

Bluelighter
Are there any differences between taking liquid morphine (IR) orally and plugging?

I've never plugged any drug before, I know there's a step by step guide on this website somewhere but can't find it.

What would the differences be, if any?

Would it kick in quicker if it was plugged?
Would the effects last longer?
Ect

There's a faster onset, and a higher bioavailability. Other than iv, plugging is the most superior roa for morphine. So the effects will be stronger, however duration of action is about the same as oral. Oral morphine has a very low bioavailability, and is more subject to the first pass metabolism.

- SS373dOH Soul

Definitely, it only takes about half the amount plugged to feel what I can take orally. Definitely the best roa for morph.

So I wouldn't need to take as much to get the same effect so if I'm taking 70mg orally how much would you suggest for plugging?

If your normal dose is 70mg oral, I would plug 35mgs. For rectal administration can be anywhere from a 1:1 ratio, to a 2:1 ratio. The bioavailibilties out there have a +/- of ~50%.. so the charts aren't that definitive, but it's best to start low to be on the safe side of things, just in case you're one of those people who get twice as much out of plugging, opposed to oral.

- SS373dOH Soul