• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Plugging Heroin Overdose Possible?

wirkdy

Bluelighter
From what I read smoking and snorting is hard to overdose unless you take very big doses but what about plugging?
I actually tried it and the effects are like more subtle but also stronger than snorting...well I did it just before sleeping and went into dream mode right away...I suddenly woke up 'cause my breathing was so slowed down my brain probably woke me up, so is it possible to od by plugging?

I need to emphasize strongly: Any route of heroin administration, including plugging, can lead to overdose. Your experience of slowed breathing is a warning sign and indicates a potentially life-threatening situation.

Heroin and other opioids primarily cause death by respiratory depression, where breathing slows or stops entirely. This is a major concern, as lack of oxygen can lead to brain damage and death within minutes.

While some routes of administration might be perceived as "safer" than others, this is a misconception, especially with potent drugs like heroin which can have variable purities and might be mixed with other dangerous substances, such as fentanyl. Fentanyl is much more potent than heroin and has been responsible for a significant rise in overdose deaths in recent years. Even small amounts of fentanyl can be fatal.

It's important to note that overdose doesn't just depend on the route of administration, but also on:

• The dose taken.
  • The purity of the heroin.
  • The presence of any adulterants or other drugs.
  • Individual differences in metabolism and tolerance.
The fact that you experienced slowed breathing suggests you were in a dangerous situation. The risk of death or significant harm is real.

Please, if you are using heroin or any other substances, consider seeking help....

Sure you can OD if you shove too much up there. It's not the ROA, it's the amount.
I'd say smoking is safest, because with any other method you're taking the entire dose at once.