• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Plexiglass greenhouses for personal growing?

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
Has anyone here done this and care to answer so e questions?

1) I live on the east coast NA, where the weather is fairly variable. Temperatures will go below 15C/59F at least a few times during June, July and August. Perhaps down to 12C/54F. Do you have any interior greenhouse temperature control?

2) Is humidity or airflow ever a problem? I can run internal fans and can use either a dehumidifier (east coast, lots of rain) and/or repti-foggers to add humidity.

3) There may be times when I want it to be dark. Any easy methods? Would pre-fab roll blinds connected to the greenhouse frame be ok?

My idea was that if I can plant sometime in April I’ll have ~120 growing days so I can grow the Sativas as tall as possible before flowering. I’ll be germinating, sexing and rockwool cube planting inside my house and them moving everything to the greenhouse as soon as weather permits.

Tom

Hi i just want to add make sure the plexiglass or whatever you use doesnt contain BPA (BPA stands for bisphenol A, an industrial chemical that has been used to make certain plastics and resins since the 1950s. BPA is found in polycarbonate plastics and epoxy resins. Polycarbonate plastics are often used in containers that store food and beverages, such as water bottles.) as its offgassing will be magnified by heat, sun etc and you do not want to smoke, inhale or be around that shit
Perspex is weaker than polycarbonate but does not contain it

Polycarbonate greenhouse panels

It insulates better basically.

Not heard about the bpa btw...but if it was dangerous they wouldn't offer greenhouses with it??

Edit: