• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Please read and help me. Thanks!

HelpMeYall8226

Greenlighter
Hi! I'm new here and hope I'm doing this right. At 7 a.m. I took half of an Oxy 60. When is it safe to take a Percocet 7.5 without risk of OD'ing or other harm. I'm paranoid about mixing meds. Thanks! (Not opiate niave. I've been taking some form of opiate (hydro,perks,oxy) for 10 years. Just don't do it to get high. I do it for pain.

well oxycontin and percocet are the same medication ( oxycodone ), the difference being that percocet also has acetaminophen and is instant release, whereas oxycontin is extended release.

Anyway, if you have 10 years of opiate tolerance 38mg of oxycodone should not be dangerous.

Hey there helpme! Let me welcome you to the forums. We're all out of gift baskets, sadly. To attempt to answer your question, I really think that you will be fine, but you are going to know better than any of us what your tolerance is to Opioids. It can be a little dangerous and irresponsible to tell someone in a definitive manner, "no you will not die from this". I'm sure if you ponder that statement, you'll understand why it's not something that we like to do.

You will most likely be fine, but as I've stated, you're going to be the best judge of what you can and can't handle. We cannot guarantee life or death.

Um hopefully you have resolved this, but basically what Keif said(except about the baskets, we have a couple, I need them!)

Seriously though, and your post is kind of confusing, both Percocet and OxyContin are both oxycodone, semi synthetic, fairly potent opioid; granted OC's are time released, however 30mg is clearly a lot more than 7.5mg. Post back if you want and let us know how it went, I guess?

And we only pretend to know life and death- May play some Alice on that note
g