• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Please people don't smoke that synthetic weed

westbank23

Bluelighter
I got a call about 20mins ago from my brothers wife telling me that my brother is going crazy and acting really strange so I rushed over and found him in bed hiding under the bed covers and being paranoid as shit..he speech was kind of slurish and he was just mumbling and saying stuff that didn't make sence,eyes rolling back,looked like he threw up just a little blood and spit..it was very scary guys..I didn't know wtf he was on and he couldn't tell me what he was on because he was so out of it but after calming him down just a little and I told him I'm going to go in his pockets to get a ciggerete,low and behold he had 3/4ths of a joint he just put out and I immediately identified it as synthetic weed because of the smell and the fact that he doesn't smoke real weed because he's on parole and has a job that does frequent drug tests..

Any ways I called the ambulance to come pick him up because he refused to let me take him to the hospital and I honestly didn't know WTF to do..

I've heard news stories about kids flipping out and loseing there minds off this junk but I didn't know it was that serious and I never thought I would have to experience it..
What can I expect now?do people recover fast from this?
How can I help him stay clean off of synthetic weed?i have a feeling he's been smoking this stuff for a while so I'm wondering if this stuff is addictive?

He'll most likely be fine soon and yes, this stuff can be addicting but I hope this experience turned him off

that experience in itself should have turned him off. he should be fine once he recovers. try to educate him on it.

Had a similar experience with a friend not too long ago..

We had smoked the rest of our real weed a few hours before so she pulls out that "spice" which I refused to smoke, as it caused me to have a seizure back in the day. Within 20 minutes of smoking a fat joint she was nodding face first into her sausage biscuit as though she had done a strong opiate or a handful of benzos, then she slumped onto the floor with her eyes rolling back gagging on spit/snot. I got her mom to come help me get her out of the floor... She's fine today but wanted to smoke more of the shit.

Nope. Just nope.

I'm sure the guys with experience will be able to fill us in here but isn't the danger in synthetics mostly to do with overshooting the dosage? I mean this shit comes in bags of fake weed right, it's not like you can measure out the quantity of psychoactive ingredients but it seems like with all the adverse effects maybe exact dosages should be more important...

thujone, you hit the nail right on the head.

The reason that anything sold specifically as "Synthetic Marijuana" or "Herbal Incense" or anything along those lines should be considered dangerous and avoided is because those names are essentially synonymous with "Random Arbitrarily Dosed Research Chemical(s)". It is really one of the most frightening forms drugs come in if you ask me.

When referring to known and measured synthetic cannabinoids, theoretically there isn't anything wrong. Consider the fact that, for example, JWH-018 reached extremely widespread popularity in the form of K2, and the primary health effects it seemed to cause were dose-related acute reactions like anxiety, seizures, or death, as opposed to things such as symptoms of lasting organ damage. From this point of view, it would seem that there is not a huge danger to it as long as the proper dose is used. Really, it's not even very dangerous in the way of seizures or death compared to all kinds of other recreational drugs that people will use without a second thought, like prescription stimulants or opiates/oids. It's just the fact that most people who were using them were smoking poorly regulated and to them completely unknown doses, and they were treating it like something that can be smoked endlessly without danger (like actual marijuana).

However, we do not live in a JWH-018 world anymore. These research chemical cannabinoid scene is utterly terrifying. They look like they were designed by children with molecular building blocks, because they essentially were. They are the product of adding or subtracting parts of the structure every time single time the law changes, and even the ones that were around several generations ago were already being found to cause organ damage in animal tests. The people who are using these things are human guinea pigs and are very likely paying with their longevity every single time they do so. Unfortunately, the likelihood that these things will disappear from the public scene now seems pretty low. There are always going to be people who want to use them despite knowing their risks (to avoid legal troubles, because they're already addicted to them, or whatever), and there are always going to be vendors selling more and chemists creating brand new ones when the laws update.

If you live in the lucky parts of the world though, you may be able to get some of the good ones still. I still would not recommend it in any form other than bought specifically for what it is from a straightforward vendor and accurately weighed dosages, but with that all done certain ones are okay. Some people really do like JWH-018, though it didn't do too much for me. I found JWH-250 lovely though, and actually surprisingly psychedelic-like. Other than those kinds of things though... I really think it's a major risk.

westbank23, I have to assume that your brother is acting normal by now. His altered state should have ended when the effects of the drug wore off. If this is not the case, it could mean that the drugs indirectly unearthed some psychological issue that was already building up in your brother. In that situation, further psychiatric intervention may be required, and this should be taken seriously. On the other hand, if he is normal again, then he just needs to not dose too high again. I can't speak to his level of usage of course, but synthetic cannabinoids can definitely be addictive when overused, so if he has a problem with that then it is important that he gets a handle on it.

Back in high school I would have friends ask me to get them synthetic "cannabis" (spice and the like) because they had been caught smoking real cannabis and were either being tested by their parents or by the state. I had tried it enough to know that it wasn't worth fucking with. I'd say: "you better just hope pickle juice actually works or not get high."

I think drugs like spice are good indicators of a need for broader legalization of marijuana.

Never did much to be, but I have heard some stories too. Just stick with the real stuff. Gonna be legal in more and more states before you know it, haha.

Years ago I tried smoking K2 a few times and I did get an intense "head" high. It didn't taste or feel natural so after trying it for a few days straight I never did again.

Maybe try and help him to stop smoking anything to quit the habit. Sometimes a break from all substances is the best route.

I saw a lot of cases of psychosis brought on by synthetic cannabinoids like 'Spice' when I was working as an emergency nurse here in the UK. And some users reporting physical as well as psychological dependency.

This documentary by Vice is very informative about what's happening in the UK. The Hard Lives of Britain's Synthetic Weed Addicts:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t6pmc7Tpx4w

Smoked k2 once on accident(thought it was a real blunt) and only took one hit. I lost my mind and soon as I hit it I thought this isn't right. I was then messed up for 2 weeks feeling slow and stupid. I will never do that again.

thujone, you hit the nail right on the head.

The reason that anything sold specifically as "Synthetic Marijuana" or "Herbal Incense" or anything along those lines should be considered dangerous and avoided is because those names are essentially synonymous with "Random Arbitrarily Dosed Research Chemical(s)". It is really one of the most frightening forms drugs come in if you ask me.

When referring to known and measured synthetic cannabinoids, theoretically there isn't anything wrong. Consider the fact that, for example, JWH-018 reached extremely widespread popularity in the form of K2, and the primary health effects it seemed to cause were dose-related acute reactions like anxiety, seizures, or death, as opposed to things such as symptoms of lasting organ damage. From this point of view, it would seem that there is not a huge danger to it as long as the proper dose is used. Really, it's not even very dangerous in the way of seizures or death compared to all kinds of other recreational drugs that people will use without a second thought, like prescription stimulants or opiates/oids. It's just the fact that most people who were using them were smoking poorly regulated and to them completely unknown doses, and they were treating it like something that can be smoked endlessly without danger (like actual marijuana).

However, we do not live in a JWH-018 world anymore. These research chemical cannabinoid scene is utterly terrifying. They look like they were designed by children with molecular building blocks, because they essentially were. They are the product of adding or subtracting parts of the structure every time single time the law changes, and even the ones that were around several generations ago were already being found to cause organ damage in animal tests. The people who are using these things are human guinea pigs and are very likely paying with their longevity every single time they do so. Unfortunately, the likelihood that these things will disappear from the public scene now seems pretty low. There are always going to be people who want to use them despite knowing their risks (to avoid legal troubles, because they're already addicted to them, or whatever), and there are always going to be vendors selling more and chemists creating brand new ones when the laws update.

If you live in the lucky parts of the world though, you may be able to get some of the good ones still. I still would not recommend it in any form other than bought specifically for what it is from a straightforward vendor and accurately weighed dosages, but with that all done certain ones are okay. Some people really do like JWH-018, though it didn't do too much for me. I found JWH-250 lovely though, and actually surprisingly psychedelic-like. Other than those kinds of things though... I really think it's a major risk.

westbank23, I have to assume that your brother is acting normal by now. His altered state should have ended when the effects of the drug wore off. If this is not the case, it could mean that the drugs indirectly unearthed some psychological issue that was already building up in your brother. In that situation, further psychiatric intervention may be required, and this should be taken seriously. On the other hand, if he is normal again, then he just needs to not dose too high again. I can't speak to his level of usage of course, but synthetic cannabinoids can definitely be addictive when overused, so if he has a problem with that then it is important that he gets a handle on it.

Good read and thanks for the info..yea he's normal now and once it wore off after a few hours in the hospital he came back home like nothing happen..the shit I saw him go thru was scary as hell..I've never seen anything like that before

I'm glad to hear that he's doing well now. I have seen people have some pretty extreme reactions to drugs before so I know how you feel.... It gets a little easier to handle with experience but it can still be disturbing to witness. These chemicals are definitely things to be treated with very much respect.