• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

*PLEASE * Need honest advice on Kratom for OXY W/D

DaveNeedsToTaper

Bluelighter
Hey guys, i recently ordered some red bali kratom powder. I was very excited for it to come in. I made a post before it came in asking if it will work, and people said of course.

Well.. I tried it once after i started to withdraeal slightly and crave more oxy... So i took 4 grams and for about an hour, i was amazed.. Lowly feeling the withdrawal and craving go away.. Only for the releaf and hope to feel euphoric slowly go away.
I ended up taking oxy about 2 hkuaboutrs after the kratom.

So on with my question on which i need HONEST and hands on experience advice on.

Im now taking about 120-140 mg of oxy a day.. Ive been on oxy for about a year now perscription but have ended up needing to buy some extra... But anyways i have now run out of my perscription and tomorrow i will have nothing at all aside from kratom and a few tylenol 2s (perscription)

So in all honestly.. Will kratom stop my withdrawals? How much should i really take? I took 8 grams once and didnt feel any effects aside from feeling bloated and sick.

Please be honest. Has kratom workee for any of you on such a high mg habit? Im really starting to stress out that ill be totally fucked.

It seems i always run out when there is important family things.. Like birthday, family functions... And tomorrow.. Super bowl.

Please help me with the most honest advice you can give. I have red bali powder. I hear its such a miracle herb. Seen so many great things about it but why isnt it working for me? Did i just ge tmy hopes up to high? Is it all just mind over matter? I was mixxing it in water and chugging it down.

Sorry for the long post. Please help best you can guys, i feel like people are just trying to convince everyone it works so they trick their mind into making it work?

YES - it will work. Kratom activates the same MU-receptors in the brain as opiates. It may not completely take away withdrawals, but it should make them manageable at least.

If it isn't working, then perhaps that kratom is of low quality... did you buy from a reliable vendor? Kratom loses potency the longer it sits in storage.

Or maybe you just aren't taking enough. I've heard of people needing an ounce to get out of withdrawal. I went from a huge opioid tolerance ( was smoking pure fentanyl powder off foil... without even measuring the doses) to 15g of kratom a day. I was really blown away with how well it works.

You could also try using a potentiater. Mixing with Tumeric and black pepper (tablespoon of each - has to be both) is said to increase strength of effects and duration. Curcumin is a chemical in tumeric that is broken down by the same liver enzymes, so it takes them longer to break down the kratom. The piperine in black pepper helps the curcumin get absorbed in your body. Personally, I am not convinced this actually works - but several people are. At very least, taking tumeric is healthy for you! Some say grapefruit juice works for this purpose too.

Yes it should help with your withdrawal. But no, it is not a miracle herb, you are just trading one addiction for another.

Also... you could try taking a gravol or benadryl with the kratom to reduce nausea.

How many tea spoons roughly? I ordered from a canadian site , it seems legit enough i paid an extra 20 for 3 days delivery. I just took a huge ass tea spoon in my mouth and washed itvdown with water. Like 2 mins ago. Should i take another?

i wish i would have ordered meang da or whatever its called. But did you ever get euphoric or any tyoe of noticable effects while on kratom? I just checked a pre scaled bag of kratom i have that says 5g . i looks roughly the same amount i just took. I might have taken alittle more. You said 15g a day, how much were you taking at a time? What strain? Did you taper with fent while taking kratom or did you substitute it with kratom?

It’s hard to measure by spoons.

For me, I was at 12 grams a dose. So.. a lot. But that’s how much I needed for it to work.

Look here’s the deal. It can and will work, for most people. It worked for me, and I was at similar doses as you of pills. It still requires you to do your part. But kratom will do its part too.

The science is sound. It works. But from personal experience, the more times you try to use that as your escape plan, the less effective it becomes. So be careful.

The most effective thing you should do is to talk to your doctor and let them know you what to get off oxys. They will wean you off and when that's done they'll give you methadone or suboxine to help you through with dawns ... and eventually you won't need anything .

How many tea spoons roughly? I ordered from a canadian site , it seems legit enough i paid an extra 20 for 3 days delivery. I just took a huge ass tea spoon in my mouth and washed itvdown with water. Like 2 mins ago. Should i take another?

Just get as scale man, spoonfulls can be 2 grams to 14 grams depending on the cut of the leaf and the size of the spoon. You can get one on amazon for less than the price of lunch.

i wish i would have ordered meang da or whatever its called. But did you ever get euphoric or any tyoe of noticable effects while on kratom? I just checked a pre scaled bag of kratom i have that says 5g . i looks roughly the same amount i just took. I might have taken alittle more. You said 15g a day, how much were you taking at a time? What strain? Did you taper with fent while taking kratom or did you substitute it with kratom?

Red Bali should work fine... once again vendor is the biggest factor. I used Red Bali at first, but moved to maeng da when my tolerance started building. But it took close to a month before I started finding the bali less effective.

It depends... I usually take 4g at a time to just get by. But if I have something important to do I might take 6g - 8g.

No, I didn't taper, I just realized I should get off fent, so I flushed 2 ounces of it, and I thought I had suboxone. Then I found my girlfriend flushed that too. Took a handfull of xanax as I was too scared to face the withdrawals. I slept for 3 days... when I woke up I found 100grams of kratom on my desk that I didn't even remember ordering... ( I tend to black out on fent, I'm sure the xanax didn't help). ANYWAY - the kratom worked great and I figured I might as well stay off subs too.

YES - I get euphoria from kratom, but not every time.

Thanks for advice guys. The thing is canada just cracked down hard on opiate perscriptions. Im only perscribed 40mg a day i just keel fucking uo every single time because somehow when i get that first nice dose i forget all about how terrible withdrawal is.. Ive done it so many times i cant even believe myself. I need to last till saturdsy to get my meds again but i neeed to not fuck uo this time. I just took 5-5mg percocet and feel slightly good . should i take kratom on top of low doses of oxy ? Woudl that help or would krstom not even bind to me receptors ?

I read kratom is like scotch tape to receptors and oxycodone is like super glue. So would taking kratom after low dose oxy be pointless? Or would it potenate? Im trying to take as little as possible through out the day and still suffer from minor withdrawals so my body is adjusting and lowering its tolerance. So if i cut my dose by 40-50% a day and just take kratom an hour after, will that belp me stay away from withdrawal?

I do have a scale i just dont know how reliable it is. Because the last tiem i scaled some bags of kratom, it was at work. And once i got home i decided to scale the same bags and the weight was way off. At work we use the scale in oz.. But i used it for grams. My scale is very old back when i use to sell weed and that was years back.

But anyways, should i try and use krstom an hour after a small dose of oxycodone or is that pointless?

I have yet to feel any effects from krstom whatsoever

By "get by" do you mean still have that craving feeling and have aching legs and that overwell crap feeling?

When I first started taking kratom, after 4 grams I would still have mild withdrawal symptoms like chills and watery eyes but no restless legs ( which the worst symptom for me). And it helped me a lot mentally, I was able to leave the house and have a productive day. It gave me a lot of motivation. It was a world of difference.

Now, its kind of the opposite. 4 grams completely takes away physical withdrawal symptoms, but it isnt as mentally stimulating. So that's why I sometimes up the dose if I need some energy.

I THINK you can use kratom to help you adjust to a lower oxy dose. As far as I know they dont compete for receptors.. but I am not positive about that one.

Also, I sent you a pm.

If i cannot get kratom to work for me tomorrow (im completely out of meds) in your opinion should i screw over my whole painmanagement perscription and for to a suboxone clinic? How does getinng on suboxone work? I always run out of meds eaorly so i cant go to my dr and say o need to taper because i dont get my script till saturday:( what should i do? I get very very very emotional randomly sometimes even after taking 20 mg an houror 3 after i wake up... And then 4 hours later o start getting withdrawal somehow and my emotions go all over the place i just feel.. Helpless. Scared. Depressed. Extream discomfort and often have terrible thoughts. Ive very worried bc i thoigut today i could just take kratom and be ok but i took 20 mg.. Felt slighlt decent then passed out for 2 hours and woek up feeling pretty shitty.

I managed to get alittle ox today. But thats only because i managed to talk to a family member to borrow some cash. I couldnt handle the emotional issues at all i was freaking out its so over welhming. Some ppl i talk to say oh its all in your head man. Convince yourself youll get threw it.

Never works ever. Its impossible to disscribe from words.. I feell ike my withdraeal is alot worce than most due to the amount of time ive been on them and my age and weight ect. Im 22 and only 125 pounds , very high metabolism. I was able to quit once bc of my girlfriend. Then when she just upped and left i said fk it. My promise no longer remains valid so i went and picked up my script for the first time a month or more.

I was in a similar situation in which I used my script before I could get a refill each and every month and it kept going worse after I started Dr. shopping to get more oxycodone and soon I find myself using +250mg of oxycodone at once just to feel a bit noddy and that was twice a day.

Finally I decided I couldn’t take it anymore and talked about my primary Dr. about it and he kept giving me nearly the dose I actually used until I was gone throuh the surgery I needed in order to fix my back pain and then I gradually tapered down to zero but I couldn’t resist the urge to take opioids so I started Suboxone ORT for a year and it stopped my abuse.

If you feel like you need more permanent solution I would suggest you to head to the Sober Living section of the BL.

Suboxone is another good option. Its nice because you only have to dose once a day. Sucks because it is so expensive ( Well not that expensive - but more than kratom)

My dr deff wont give me anymore. She wants me to come in for urine tests every 14 days bc she doesnt trust me.... I still havnt gone yet almost been 3 weeks. But im scared if i go and tell her she wkll just kick me off of meds. The laws have changed in canada . i need surgery in my right hand, but i just got fired so i need a new sorce of income asap as well. I wasnt getting the surgery until i could get enough hours for E.I.

I just dont want to go to a clinic to get sub and then be told i have to stay there for 24 hours or w.e then be kicked off of meds and have to go to rehab. I have no idea how it works in canada and im really worried. I just realized i have gabapentin i could pick up at pharmacy but idk how well that works with withdrawal.

Gabapentin works quite well for the WDs but of course you might need Imodium for diarrhea if shit happens.

Remember to space out taking doses of gabapentin as the absorption is greatly diminished the more you take at once. Take one pill every hour until you feel well enough to do your daily stuff but don’t overdo it.

I used pregabalin which is quite similar for withdrawals mostly but have used gabapentin too for that.

I was in a similar situation in which I used my script before I could get a refill each and every month and it kept going worse after I started Dr. shopping to get more oxycodone and soon I find myself using +250mg of oxycodone at once just to feel a bit noddy and that was twice a day.

Finally I decided I couldn’t take it anymore and talked about my primary Dr. about it and he kept giving me nearly the dose I actually used until I was gone throuh the surgery I needed in order to fix my back pain and then I gradually tapered down to zero but I couldn’t resist the urge to take opioids so I started Suboxone ORT for a year and it stopped my abuse.

If you feel like you need more permanent solution I would suggest you to head to the Sober Living section of the BL.
Not sure if your still active. But on then16th of feb i wwnt to detox. And man did it help. Sub pills 1 8mg 2 2mgs under tongue daily. And i wish i wwnt years and ywars ago. I burnt all bridges. Lost all friends and rumors spread
Noone talks to me anymore except other users/dealers. Itnhurts but i did it to myself. Im 54? 56? Days clean off of oxy. And i slowly feel my self come back. But today
.... i fucked up and bought 40 0.5mg clonaz and 15 0.25 clonaz (im perscribed 3 10mg vals a day and 3 clonodine a dau and trazadone at bedtime)

Man i wish i did this sooner. My dad out of the blue texted me to take a cab "home" from the shelter temperaraly. And ah man.

My brother I am in the same boat as you!
Tomorrow I am out of 75 mg a day morphine.

From my experience, Kratom has not been able to “hold” me.
I have much more faith in Loperamide.
I have to take quite a high dose of Loperamide though and I know it is dangerous.
It takes 60 mg Loperamide for my first dose, two hours before I hit withdrawal.
after that, it holds me for almost 2 days and I can just take like 20 mg a day.
I only do this for a few days as I have had Loperamide withdrawal which was horrific for 6 weeks after using it at way higher doses for 12 days.

I have some Red Malay, White, and Green Kratom and I am wondering if it would actually keep me okay so please write back and let me know how it goes. I am scared to just trust the Kratom alone.
Once I hit “withdrawal” I have a severe chronic pain injury where the pain comes through and it is far worse than the withdrawal.
The withdrawal and chronic pain together are just not doable for me. The pain makes my heart start to skip beats and stuff.
I fear it will kill me.

edit: I see this is an old post and you never did try just the Kratom alone.
so...I am sticking with my Loperamide plan and I will keep some Kratom on hand and see if I can use less Lope.
I had a major fiasco over the holidays. Once I am through these few days without my MS Contin, I am just going to have my mom give me my daily dosage so I don’t mess it up again.) problem solved.

Last edited: