• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

PLEASE HELP with a sub taper schedule

Enough999

Bluelighter
For the last 6 months I've been on and off h with several botched sub tapers and a few random weeks of sobriety. I recently botched an attempt at a short term sub taper (used halfway through, finished it out but felt bad) then went on a 3 day binge, and woke up in full on withdrawal again this morning. I'm getting 3 8 mg subs (1 strip, 2 pills). I know there are plenty of forums on this topic but I need help. How should I taper this if I want to succeed this time?

I don't think it really matters about the "perfect taper" as much as your desire and will to carry it out. I never could do an opiate taper just doesn't work for me, need detox...

But if I could and had 24 mg of suboxone I would :

Day 1 - 3 - 4'mg
Day 4-9 2 mg
Day 10-11 1 mg

Good luck

I have a question about my sub taper. I'm stable at 3 mg Xanax right now and have a psychiatrist appointment tomorrow. I'm hoping he can help with tapering office of this. As for the opiates, I can't play around with them. I did a classic quick taper using subs, 4 mg day 1, 3 day 2, 2 for 2 days, 1.5 for a day, 1 for 2 days, .75 for a day, .5 for 1 day, then insufllated around .3 yesterday and today. Should I be in the clear? I didn't feel bad when I woke up. Should I feel any opiate withdrawals tomorrow? I have work tomorrow and about 2 mgs left but if I'm in the clear I'm flushing it. What do you guys think?

I think the last part of insulating suggests you miss your DOC. Although, if you're truely ready to stop, you should be in the clear.