• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Please help this is very new to me.benzos wd is no joke

Lenaevans8787

Greenlighter
Hello.ive been trying to find answers because im dealing with a whole new demon.ive been off heroin and cocaine a little over2yrs i take about 1to 1.5 mg of sub a day.recently i decided to try and taper dwn a bit more and was going thru severe panic attacks no sleep anxious all the time the usual wd symptoms anyway i started to take about 1 mg a day for about 4 to 7 days in a row,of xanax or klonopin and then theres about 2 weeks in between as to not build it up in my system.ive done this now for 2 months.well i had the xanax for 5 days took one mg a day and was out.i thought i was having sub wd but no matter if i took more or not it did nothing to help.have been yo the er 2 times where they gave me iv adivan and pill once i felt better immediately.that only helped for about 12 to 15 hours.what im wondering is how long this should last as i said i only took about 5 mgs a wk fir 1 week 2 yimes a month.im surprised im haveing such a horrible time.how long does benzo wd last for such a little amount.this is hell!anything i can do to ease it.also the the 2nd time i got adivan was yesterday is it only gonna make the wd longer?

Hi and welcome to Bluelight. The withdrawal symptoms from benzos can vary from person to person in severity and length of time. There are people who can use them like you said for up to seven days and stop using with no negative effects. Have you ever had a dependence on benzos in the past? If so, you would be more susceptible and have a greater risk for withdrawals. It's possible that reintroducing the Ativan would set you back but you know your body better than anyone else. The only real "cure" is time.

Are you changing your doses and meds on your own? Do you have a counselor or support group to help you through this hard time?

I'm trying to clarify here, as you're original post was a little bit jumbled. Are you implying that you've really only been using Benzodiazepines for a couple of months at this point? Either way, it's going to be pretty important that we know about both your recent and past history of Benzodiazepine usage. If you've have a dependency previously, it will be much easier to reacquire that dependency. This is known as the Kindling Effect in medicine. It is principally used to describe specifically sedative/hypnotic drugs i.e. Ethanol, Barbiturates, Benzodiazepins, but many other drugs seem to operate in a similar way.