• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Please Help; tapering/stopping PST

There is no need to go through cold turkey withdrawals if you do not need to. It is a lot to put yourself through and if you have been doing a pound of strong seeds every day for a year it will be intense and long in duration, all but forcing you into relapsing.

That is wonderful to know that y'all think the taper is a good idea. I was dreading it not working. Do you recommend tapering As Relapz stated above, or do you think I should do it differently? I'm just curious what everyone thinks is the best number for reducing, a 1/4 a time till done, 1/2 at a time till done or a 1/6th or what.

How do you gauge your doses? With PST, I count handfuls. Idk why, that is always how I have done it. So, if I do 30 handfuls in a dose, do one less every day until you are down to one.

Or whatever way you measure your doses, just do the math according to how many days you plan on tapering for.

You should be doing a little less every day. Easy does it.

Just to make sure you're seeing all our messages, It was literally the last sentence in my post about Buprenorphine. Then in my next post I deferred to Relapz about Buprenorphine
and then discussed methacarbomal and RLS and then you say "Thank you very much! I won't even worry about the Buprenorphine then."

Ducati, the smaller the amount you reduce by is going to be the least harsh at least with pills,
Ask Relapz about what he thinks- he's tapered off more than I have.

It is suggested by medical professionals that 10% drops in dosage should provide minimal if not any signifiant physical symptoms, the battle is the pysciological factor which is your brain telling you that you need more when really you don't.

If you wanted, you could drag it out 2 months, going 15/16 a pound, 14/16 a pound, etc each 5 days, 10 days, etc.

Honestly it depends on your desire to quit and your motivation level, resources of support around you, etc.

You need to ask yourself, are you really done with this shit? have you had enough of it? because I've gotten sober knowing I would go back and it was stupid as hell.