• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Please help - stopping withdrawals with Loperamide (imodium)

jinzo11

Greenlighter
Long story short.

I have 20 pills of loperamide 2mg so (40mg total) without the magnesium

and another box of loperamide 2mg but this box has the magnesium ( i have i think only 30mg total left in this box) (i read the magnesium prevents the loperamide from crossing the BBB so not good)

I have omeprazole 20mg tablets (TAGAMENT is prescription only here in canada so i could not get) i also have black pepper and white grapefruit juice.

What can I do to try and stop withdrawals tomorrow? I am aware that loperamide is pumped out of the BBB right away and thus you need the inhibitors. Omperazole is all i could get at the moment.

I have a high tolerance to opiates but not massively high.

Should I just take 60mg omperazole and 1 hour later take 10mg loperamide and see what happens? Should I eat some black pepper as well with the omperazole?

Please i read so many hopeful threads suggesting that loperamide truly does stop withdrawals and I am hoping it will do the same to me tomorrow. So what is the best way/best thing i can do with all these things I have? Is the grapefruit juice even worth drinking?

I only plan to do loperamide for a day or two if it works. I will be so happy if it stops 100% of my symptoms. Any info would help please on what I should do. Is 40mg loperamide going to be enough?? Does Omperazole work just as good or at least almost as good as tagament?

THANK YOU in advance it means so much

^^ Thanks Jekyl Anhydride for posting this link. jinzo11, what is your tolerance by chance. There are plenty of threads about opiate/opioid withdrawal. Use the search engine and poke around.

Loperamide helps. I have had to use it for temporarily holding myself over while on opiates.

I am not sure what your experience is with other drugs, but there are also other medications that can help ease you off opiates/opioids.

Nutrition and excercise is an absolute given.

What opioid are you withdrawing from and at what dosage ?

Taking loperamide can help with the shits in doses of a few mg, high doses can make it to your brain, but they are cardiotoxic and really bad for your body in general, so think twice about it

The loperamide will work without adding anything to it. Those other things are people's attempts to make loperamide cross the BBB in order to get high (by affecting the CNS)

Loperamide is pumped immediately back across the BBB but all that means is that it isn't affecting the CNS (central nervous system) so you aren't getting high

BUT--loperamide itself affects the PNS (peripheral nervous system)--it attaches to opioid receptors in your gut, and body...but not brain.

By doing this it can alleviate most of the withdrawal from opioids. But because it's not going into your brain, you don't feel high/euphoric. (Of course there are always those who take mega mega doses and indeed probably do have some cross. But that is dangerous, and completely unnecessary for staving off withdrawal)

So---take about 20-30 mgs (try 20 to start) of loperamide. It should start working in about an hour...though maximum effect won't be reached for about 3 hours. It has a half life around 12 hours, and can be dosed only 2x per day and you will not be in withdrawal. Don't start dosing more until after at least 4 hours , if you don't feel the initial dose is helping.

Now--it gets rid of most wd symptoms. It does not get rid of the fatigue. You will still feel like it's an effort to move. You won't get that opiate energy. And stay hydrated because loperamide really dehydrates you. You will have extreme dry mouth...I recommend lots of water.

I always found if I took the Loperamide before going to bed when I knew I was going to be dope sick in the morning, I would wake up not in wd. But when I took it while awake, I noticeably started to feel a bit better after the first hour and improved from there.

Take a maintenance dose for about 3-4 days then decrease the mg you're taking. You don't want a loperamide habit

Also don't do this often for "between copping", as I noticed when I tried to do that it really increased my tolerance

Loperamide is dangerous at mega doses. Taking 20-30 mg twice a day is enough to get rid of withdrawal. I've seen people need 40 mg or so. Nobody needs 100+ mg....that's just asking for trouble. So use it sensibly, please. It's a great tool when used properly for wd

Hope your detox is easy.

^ Right, but this is why people report it relieving PNS symptoms, but not affecting the CNS derived symptoms as well..

Ok OP google "FDA warns Loperamide" if you wanna find out a good reason to man up and make you're runny poops like a man.

Tagmet? Who put all these silly ideas in OP's head? I blame all the other drug forums besides Bluelight...damn drugs-forum.com and their radically stupid ideas!

Seriously it's not going to do anything for real WD except keep you're stomach in line. Taking more than 6 or 8 tablets a day is, apparently as dangerous as Methadone, but half the fun....FYI Methadone was the least fun, most life-threatening drug I've ever taken....and I survived the Triaminic scare of the 90's.
So yeeeahh either get more opiates, or prepare to deal with every WD-related symptom BESIDES diarrhea.

It's not that bad, honestly, people love to exaggerate....hence people saying you can get "high" on Immodium!!

You'll be fine OP, just take it one day at a time, and know it will pass soon...just like that bowel-baby you're gonna pass 3 days after you take 20 immodium haha!

P.S. A sense of humor is priceless...I suggest you get one, if you haven't already.
P.S.S. if you didn't smile at the bowel-baby joke, you don't have one...get one....get a bowel-baby...wrap it up and leave it on your neighbors doorstep, light it on fire, and ring the doorbell. Sit back, watch, listen...and most of all enjoy as you're neighbor confusedly scrambles to determine wheter it's a flaming baby or a flaming turd on his porch..

P.S.S.S. It's a turd....that's the joke..but it's dressed like a baby, because it's so big, and your neighbor just sees a flaming papoose and is like WHAAT THE F.....! Then he'll probably spray it with a hose and be horrified like "oh God who could do something like this, what kind of monster.." and he's all traumatized from a burning baby on his porch, but when the ambulance get's there they tell him it's just a turd!
This guy just got traumatized from a flaming turd! Hilarious no?
It wouldn't end there though...when the paramedics tell him it's a piece of shit, his reaction is *priceless* because he STILL thinks it's a real baby!

Ok I've taken this bit as far as it can go....slink away.

You don't need to worry about GErD drugs for the reason crazydiamond says. Most of the receptors are actually in your gut so the Imodium will fill them enough to keep you from being that sick.
But,
I found Tylenol 1 (otc) worked far better than Imodium . You're in Canada so you can access it. Make sure to do cold water extraction so you won't consume toxic doses of Tylenol. When I ran short T1 was a lifesaver.
What's your tolerance?

I don't think omeprazole does anything, because tagament inhibits a lot of enzymes and omeprazole doesn't.

When I used lope personally, I did it once a day for two days, only during the peak and at a 20mg does. My withdrawals were anihilated for about 18 hours and gradually returned afterwards. Remember that youre using an opioid, you don't want to use that stuff in large quantities nor for any longer than *needed*. It doesn't work wonders, it simply works exactly the way opiates would help without setting you back immediately because it works so differently. Lope addiction is usually considered so much worse do to the duration (6-8 weeks acute w.d). Please be careful!!