• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Please help or offer advice. Friend's 5yr old daughter hurts to have a wee

empeebee

Bluelighter
Hi all,

Mods - I don't know which sub this belongs in so please move this post where you think it belongs...

My friend Pavel has a 5 year old daughter. When she goes for a wee she might go for a few seconds (maybe 3 or 5 seconds) before she stops because she says her wee is hot and burning. She starts crying because it hurts so much. The sadness/crying may last for up to half an-hour until the pain stops. Maybe she is putting it on but I don't think so. My friend was almost in tears earlier because there is nothing he can do.

She does not eat acidic food (oranges etc.) and eats a lot of alkaline food (reasonable about of yogurt, drinks fair amount of milk etc.)

She has had ~7 different antibiotics but nothing has helped. The doctors are just guessing at what MIGHT help. Fair enough, they have no idea what's going on.

I'm appealing for any ideas you guys and gals may have that my friend could put forward to the docs that might help.

Could you help please? Please do not offer wild speculation on this one.

Thank you,

./empeebee

Has she been tested for UTI? If she’s been given antibiotics I’m assuming she has and it was positive for infection? They should have done a culture to prescribe the proper antibiotic for the infection though rather than just giving all sorts.

Lots of reasons for dysuria other than infection though. It could be due to laundry detergent she’s reacting to, skin cream, bath soap. Sometimes it can be as simple as what bubble bath is being used. The chemicals can cause lots of irritation to kids who usually have much more sensitive skin.
It can also be caused by injury through play, young girls can get small adhesions which take a while to heal and it will burn when she is peeing, she can be given a cream to help with that though.
Im also going to say that it is also something that can be caused by sexual abuse and if they do proper investigations into infection etc and can’t resolve it they will definitely look into this aspect.

Your friend can use a diaper cream to help with the irritation and obviously make sure the child is drinking plenty. Also this will scare a child very easily when it comes to peeing, positive reinforcement when the child pees and praising them even though it’s sore will go a long way to help her avoid developing an issue.

Has she been tested for UTI? If she’s been given antibiotics I’m assuming she has and it was positive for infection? They should have done a culture to prescribe the proper antibiotic for the infection though rather than just giving all sorts.

Lots of reasons for dysuria other than infection though. It could be due to laundry detergent she’s reacting to, skin cream, bath soap. Sometimes it can be as simple as what bubble bath is being used. The chemicals can cause lots of irritation to kids who usually have much more sensitive skin.
It can also be caused by injury through play, young girls can get small adhesions which take a while to heal and it will burn when she is peeing, she can be given a cream to help with that though.
Im also going to say that it is also something that can be caused by sexual abuse and if they do proper investigations into infection etc and can’t resolve it they will definitely look into this aspect.

Your friend can use a diaper cream to help with the irritation and obviously make sure the child is drinking plenty. Also this will scare a child very easily when it comes to peeing, positive reinforcement when the child pees and praising them even though it’s sore will go a long way to help her avoid developing an issue.
Thank you Princess, I'll pass that information on. It is 99.9% not an abuse situation though. Not that it means a whole lot but my friend is young (late 30's) and 'happily' married, if you get my gist ;). Appreciate that doesn't mean much these days, but he is (has always seemed to be) a good guy with a good wife.

She does drink a lot of water, the bottle stuff, not the tap stuff but I will let them know about the detergent, creams, soaps, bubble bath etc.

Thank you so much :). At this point I think they'll try anything.

./empeebee

Thank you Princess, I'll pass that information on. It is 99.9% not an abuse situation though. Not that it means a whole lot but my friend is young (late 30's) and 'happily' married, if you get my gist ;). Appreciate that doesn't mean much these days, but he is (has always seemed to be) a good guy with a good wife.

She does drink a lot of water, the bottle stuff, not the tap stuff but I will let them know about the detergent, creams, soaps, bubble bath etc.

Thank you so much :). At this point I think they'll try anything.

./empeebee
Hope it gets resolved.

My sister used to get irritated down there regularly and I remember my parents using the hell out of a cream called "Desitin" (this goes back 50+ years). I believe it's relatively common in younger girls. Also, could easily be a UTI but either way, she should probably see a pediatrician pretty darn soon. Good Luck to all of you!

Thanks Diz & Beach. I have passed your replies on to my friend and he has scheduled a visit to the GP tomorrow and give them a mouthful. I suggested he look for another doctor. She hasn't been checked for a UTI btw, they just randomly started throwing antibiotics at the kid. How fucked up has medicine become?