View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Please help me! Please! Im scared!

Sorrynotsorry

Greenlighter
I did LSD first time with my boyfriend on sunday at around 3 PM. I just took half. 1 hour later i was crying, then i was trippin lightly and nicely i enjoyed it. I took another half at 7:30 PM. It was all great, i really enjoyed the whole experience. But at around 1 AM i started shaking really bad, i mean my hands and legs were flying. I was scared out o my mind. I couldnt sleep till Monday 10 PM (i took a herbal sleeping pill that knocked me down). I also didnt eat anything at all since sunday morning. When i woke up on tuesday (today) i was still anxsious and shaky (things are falling off my hands). I called in sick to work secod day in a row. im so scared that the anxiety wont stop. Please give me some advice as u can understand I dont know much about it.

You need to eat some healthy food, catch up on sleep.

No permanent damage has been done, you're just a little run down.

What if it wasnt real acid?
I've never heard of an lsd come down like that.
Hope your okay

What if it wasnt real acid?
I've never heard of an lsd come down like that.
Hope your okay
first of all, since this is just speculation, it is not very helpful. and I am pretty sure that people who took LSD had bad experiences like this.

OP, get rest, eat food, it will probably sort itself out in the next few days (if not sooner). the thing with anxiety is that the more you obsess over it, the longer it will take to leave. I have not much time right now, but if you have more questions, shoot me a pm and I'll get back to you later :)

Thank you for all the answers!
Yeah it was traumatising really, i told my boyfriend i'd never do it again, just because of how rough i felt! I really want to feel like myself again so i can remember the good part of the trip, and rethink all the self disoveries i had during it. The thing is now i cant even think of it cuz im scared it will send me right back into feelings of this bad trip..

first of all, since this is just speculation, it is not very helpful. and I am pretty sure that people who took LSD had bad experiences like this.

Didnt say it to be helpful, im not new to acid thats a seriously behemoth comedown by the sound of it.

As in more behemoth than my 600ug trip..
from what i read it seemed the trip wasnt bad it was the comedown so thats why i said it. A good trip on a low dose=after glow.

Were you fully conscious during the shakes, how long did they last, and did it correspond pretty much exactly with how much anxiety you were feeling?

Am just interested to get a better picture of what was going on and what it is that bothers you the most.

Also, are you normally very fear/anxiety prone?

Things like panic attacks are very normal (not saying that is certainly what you had), and symptoms that can feel worrisome and physically threatening are normally benign when very anxious during a trip. It can manifest in all sorts of ways, this can be confusing and worrisome but not dangerous.

The feeling of losing control, not knowing what is going on when 'reality warps', can be a lot to handle for some people especially. It depends on the person if this is just not something they are interested in confronting... or if curiosity has the upper hand, and fears are faced sooner or later.

Sounds to me like it could have been low blood sugar. Even on LSD you should drink something with sugar in it (fruit juice, etc.). I also enjoy eating fruit.

Good point, especially if you had the sweats.

"Even on LSD" what do you mean? (And yes! fruit and nuts etc are excellent to eat on lsd, natural and nourishing - the aversions to some kinds of food are really interesting and for me not typical at all)

Yeah, I don't know why you didn't eat, eating is very important to existing. You know if you didn't do it for 7 days or so you'd die?

What doesn't add up though is starting to shake at 1 PM if you ate that morning.

Yeah, I don't know why you didn't eat, eating is very important to existing. You know if you didn't do it for 7 days or so you'd die?

Humans can go much longer than seven days without eating before dying if properly hydrated.

Okay, maybe 14? The point is, food is a necessity to existence... so why wouldn't the Op have eaten? :?

Good point, especially if you had the sweats.

"Even on LSD" what do you mean? (And yes! fruit and nuts etc are excellent to eat on lsd, natural and nourishing - the aversions to some kinds of food are really interesting and for me not typical at all)

Well some people don't like eating on psychedelics, and some of the classic literature recommends not eating before or during or both. Timothy Leary if I remember, and definitely some of the studies at Stanford, and Castenada.

You don't get any of the aversion? I once ate a steak on acid and it was a little traumatizing. I ate it but it was weird. Pulled pork was less weird but still a bit strange. Even milk and cheese are weird, but I think that's more digestion. Now I stick to fruit and nuts like I said. Or candy, but if it's too artificial that's weird too. These all developed over time though, and somewhat in concert with my non-psychedelic eating practices.

What doesn't add up though is starting to shake at 1 PM if you ate that morning.

I'm a small person and I could get into dangerous blood sugar territory within that time frame. Add psychedelic drugs and anxiety and it becomes more likely.

Hmm. I eat a lot on acid these days. Why just this last weekend I was frying and I fried me up some sausage, scrambled eggs and some buttered toast. It was absolutely delicious, albeit I ate too much sausage.

I like to snack on crackers too a lot while tripping. I just absolutely hate the empty stomach feeling, I have a very fast metabolism. I find it helps me keep bodyload down if I eat.

I also try to eat a light meal an hour before I drop, I find it helps as well.

Okay, maybe 14? The point is, food is a necessity to existence... so why wouldn't the Op have eaten? :?

Not to argue but just for reference, modern science says more like 30-40 with death actually occurring after that.

Sounds to me like it could have been low blood sugar. Even on LSD you should drink something with sugar in it (fruit juice, etc.). I also enjoy eating fruit.
Agreed.
Low blood sugar is fairly common for me on psychedelics (especially a few hours in).
Plus, fruit is amazing on acid.

Not to argue but just for reference, modern science says more like 30-40 with death actually occurring after that.
Well, I had no idea. That's amazing, I bet that would be the most miserable 40 days one could endure just about.