• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Please help. Is this Theabine?

wanderingsoul12

Greenlighter
To start, I am opiate naive. I only tried opiates like 4-5 years ago for a day, and that's it. I made poppy seed tea two days ago, and it felt nice at first, but then I started to get a really bad headache, nausea, some tremors, agitation/anxiety (strong feelings), insomnia, weird body aches, minor chest pain, sensitivity to sound (I get startled easily), and overstimulation. Last I checked, ordinary opioids do not cause these symptoms.

I researched, and found out that theabine has negative modulatory effects on the glycine receptors (same ones affected by the poison strychnine). Does this sound like theabine to you? Does this eventually end or does last for long? Would diazepam stop this?

Yesh i had a batch where.felt ill and over stimulated thebaine can be poisonous i high doses be careful. Bur tea is awesome when u get right.mix of codeine.morphine and thebaine or u can.take oxy morphine and codeine hahaha

Its nit for recreafiomal.purposes just to create oxycodone and oxymorphone i think is hydrocodoine thebaine or is it codeine

That doesn’t sound like Thebaine. Thebaine has a very short half life, I’ve felt it before and usually it goes away within 90mins Max after ingestion.

You know there’s Thebaine when not long after ingestion you begin to get this panicked feeling, your breathing feels odd and forced, but mostly it’s this unprovoked anxiety that takes over the comeup of the high.

Usually it’ll then fade to your typical morphine high.

Also esterfication of a whole spectrum alkaloid extract with heavy Thebaine will produce a byproduct that is still very active much like Thebaine.

-GC

That doesn’t sound like Thebaine. Thebaine has a very short half life, I’ve felt it before and usually it goes away within 90mins Max after ingestion.

You know there’s Thebaine when not long after ingestion you begin to get this panicked feeling, your breathing feels odd and forced, but mostly it’s this unprovoked anxiety that takes over the comeup of the high.

Usually it’ll then fade to your typical morphine high.

Also esterfication of a whole spectrum alkaloid extract with heavy Thebaine will produce a byproduct that is still very active much like Thebaine.

-GC

Thank you, @G_Chem that was very informative. What do you think it was? Sort like a guess as to what happened (and if it is an opium alkaloid, which one would be your best guess)?

I didn't take any benzos/barbs for the side effects, but they are slowly disappearing

I’m not sure. So how long did it last? When did symptoms appear relative to when you ingested, and did you feel any positive effects?

I too think I’ve felt what you describe with pods. I did similar searching but couldn’t find much.

Noscapine and Papaverine are the two others that are found with any significance.

-GC

I’m not sure. So how long did it last? When did symptoms appear relative to when you ingested, and did you feel any positive effects?

I too think I’ve felt what you describe with pods. I did similar searching but couldn’t find much.

Noscapine and Papaverine are the two others that are found with any significance.

-GC

I felt agitation, twitching, anxiety, pins and needles (painful/hot ones), mental blankness, very bad tinnitus and decreased hearing, and high sensetivity to sound. These all, for me at least, resemble GABA antagonism (been there, and I know what decreased GABAa and GABAb signaling feels like). It also says thebaine and oripavine have negative allosteric effects on the glycine receptors.

I felt fine few moments ago, now the horrid feeling is back. I will probably take a low dose of butabarbital to avoid excitotixicity.

As for noscapine and papavering, aren't they both an anti-tussive and vasodilator, respectively?