L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Please help, I'm stuck in a family situation

P

pinkpony

Hi, I live away from home with my partner but I am seriously struggling with a family issue. You may ask why are you struggling if you no longer live at home but for me this is really difficult. I grew up in a strict environment with both parents, we would go on holiday to see my mums parents and stay with them each year. I have fond memories of my dad taking me to the park and playing with me. He took me and my friends places whereas my mum never really took me anywhere. They both took me to the hospital when I needed treatment which was nice but those days are long gone. My dad still takes me to the hospital when I need to go sometimes. We celebrated Fathers Day without my mum and I knew she would not be there to celebrate and had to explain to other people why she wasn't there, I got very upset and felt embarrassed afterwards. I explained we would all go out to celebrate her birthday and Fathers Day but she text me shortly beforehand saying she couldn't make it because she would not be good company, usually she just tells people she has a migraine and stays in bed.

I think she fakes it, her voice is put on as if she is really sick then two minutes later she drops the act and laughs normally watching the tv. I think she has issues but won't seek help for it. She no longer wears her wedding ring saying she is too fat and my father says he can't find his so neither of them wear them. I am so glad not to be living there anymore. My father has hit me before and my mum cheered him on, then I had to apologise as I had made him mad. My relationship with my dad has improved since leaving home but I have struggled tremendously with my mum. I think she is selfish whereas I am always offering to help others. She promised my dying grandma she would make rice pudding for her as she was struggling to eat on her deathbed, she said she would make it that night then changed her mind telling her she was busy and maybe make it in a few days. I felt like the only person who could help my grandma, I wanted to go over and feed her, she never made the rice pudding. I glared at her, I also found potential evidence that I believe she was cheating on my dad. She was hiding things in her car and got a mysterious call when we were buying my grandmas flowers for the funeral. My dad was very angry after that phone call.

I don't know how to deal with her but it affects me when I have to spend time with her and feel like I need to cut her out of my life but I just want to yell at her and tell her what a terrible mother she has been, telling me I am ugly and she won't leave the house until I change into something better. She tells me I need to lose weight yet I am average size and picks out clothes too small for me and that hurt me to put on so I told her I will wear what I like. Even though I am suffering now from stress caused by this she continues to upset me. She is so selfish and I am really struggling to deal with it. If anyone has any advice it would be most appreciated. I used to run around for her making food and drink as she lay in bed pretending to be sick. She stays up all night then throws up in the morning so she doesn't have to go to work and would come home late four hours late saying she was doing overtime but very happy. I'm pretty sure she has been cheating after what I found in the car and mysterious phone call

It's okay to defend yourself.
Don't allow her to continue to abuse you verbally and mentally. Get off your chest how you feel. She needs to know that she is wrong in how she treats you. You are not a doormat. I'm sorry you fee scared, and lost. Parents are supposed to protect their kids. I can relate with you cuz my dad was verbally abusive when he drank. I'm his only daughter and my dad adored his son. I want not important to him and he never protected me. He told me once ," boys are more important than girls." So I know what it feels like to be thrown to the side. Once you stand up for yourself you will feel stronger and less "beaten " up.
She probably is messing around. That's between your mom and dad. Marriage is a complicate thing.

Do what you gotta do to stay clear headed. Be strong. Take care.

so she takes and takes.

so stop giving. and maybe tell her how you feel. why bottle it up. what have you got to lose?

why did your dad hit you?