• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Please help!!! going thru fentynal withdrawal what to expect

WasteLand Warrior

Bluelighter
so i've posted a couple time about heroin and going thru heroin withdrawal cause i'm a 12 yr heroin addict, but where i live in ohio all thats going around is fentynal and alot of its cut with a powerful elephant tranquilizer it's killing people left and right its all over the news. i've overdosed once and my ex or kinda boyfriend overdosed twice. I've been doing fent for like 2 months cuz thats all thats around i don't know what to expect from the withdrawals how long they last is it like heroin withdrawal or worse?? all i have for relief is gabapentin and some kind muscle relaxers and kind bud and red wine!!! i'm on day 2 and feel shitty no sleep, body aches, the shits!!! I know i gotta quit and get clean or im gonna die or if im lucky end up in jail plus im soooooooo sick of living like a scum bag!!! i look disgusting! any info would be appreciated thanks blue light crew!!!

How many mg/day of fentanyl did you do? And by elephant tranquilizer do you mean etorphine or carfentanyl?!

Gabapentin should do wonders, avoid alcohol as it can make the withdrawal worse.

yeah carfentanyl its in all the dope out here i was doing anywhere from a half a day to 2 grams of it but i was splitting it with my boyfriend. this shit is so potent i have cigarette burns all over my body from nodding out with cigs!! i'm so sick of looking absolutely disgusting!!

Last edited:
alcohol can make any normal guy feel shitty...imagine in a withdrawal how it makes you feel lol.

Im in Cleveland too and going thru the same shit. I had to save my friends life a couple weeks ago from that shit. I fell out twice in the same day from it about a month ago. I also had been taking benzos, i should be a goner.

But anyway, the WD from it is harsh, but swift, since it is so fast acting. Its like you do a shot of it, and go into an extremely heavy nod, and even dream in it without knowing till you jolt awake, hopefully not falling out. But it lasts only like 15-20min and its over, and you just feel sober after that. So WD is harsh but short.

yeah carfentanyl its in all the dope out here i was doing anywhere from a half a day to 2 grams of it but i was splitting it with my boyfriend. this shit is so potent i have cigarette burns all over my body from nodding out with cigs!! i'm so sick of looking absolutely disgusting!!

Not to sound rude, but I doubt that it's carfentanyl (fentanyl is around 120 times more potent than morphine, while Carfentanyl is around 5000 - 7500 more potent than morphine (iirc 100 microgram would be enough to anesthetize a chimp, plus they use Droperidol and Naltrexon with it to counter the respiratory depression)) and I guess you mean 2g of cut fentanyl and not pure ?

Anyone reading this: Fentanyl is active in the microgram range, even one milligram could kill an opioid naive person

no just type in carfentanyl and ohio is the first thing that pops up!!! its all over the news here in ohio!!! its true im not bullshitting!! 12 people died in 4 days here its killing people left and right!! im a 12 year heroin vet and i was doing it with my boyfriend and we were continually od'ing it was enough to scare me into quitting pretty much cold turkey!! im on day 3 hanging tight cuz if i did'nt make the decision to quit i'd be lucky to be in jail rather than a body bag! before u doubt something kieinerkiffer do a lil research and look it up!! google is amazing!!

I would personally prefer carfentanyl over fentanyl, since CF has a 7 hour half-life vs fents 20min half-life, so there would also be longer lasting euphoria, one user reported CF's euphoria lasted for a solid 1 hour, which is impressive for a fent derivative. Be warned though, naloxone / naltrexone are useless for CF OD. If you were brought back to life with naloxone, then what you have is just fentanyl.

Given Fentanyl's comparatively short half-life and duration of action - compared to Heroin, the drug it's being marketed as - the withdrawal phase is going to have a shorter onset and shorter time to regain homeostasis. At the 48 hour mark, you're likely experiencing the most severe of the withdrawal symptoms you're going to experience. Gabapentin (Neurontin), if you're like myself and many others, is extremely effective in treating several symptoms of withdrawal including but not limited to: Restless Legs Syndrome, Akathisia, Bone and Muscle Pain, Anxiety and Depression and so on.

Cannabis is also going to be your friend when in Opioid withdrawal. It's anti-nausea/emetic and accompanying appetite-stimulating effects can help you A. take in calories and other nutrients your body may be missing either from chronic malnutrition or from vomiting, in turn making you feel better and B. take in more fluids (preferably something with electrolytes), which otherwise can be pretty difficult.

Alcohol you really should avoid. We're all aware that Alcohol is in fact a poison in its own right and is thus, very hard on the body to metabolize. Seeing as how you and your body are already engaged in a pretty serious struggle to regain homeostasis, introducing this poison into your body will only compound your issues. Drinking alcohol while in withdrawal from Opioids is typically as follows: a 15-20 minute buzz and relief from some symptoms, followed by a swift and powerful hangover-effect that can last for several hours.Voila, now, you are hungover, further dehydrated and wishing you were dead.

Good luck with everything!

thanks keif' richards i do feel better and its on day 3 and i feel alot of my withdrawal symptoms subsided alot but i am taking hella neurontin and smoking hella bud!!! actually i justed harvested my plant and she's goreous im trimming right now so butter and hella kind buds are on the way!!

That sound about right. 3 days of acute withdrawals, all the physical symptoms gone. Now you're likely going to go through PAWS (post acute withdrawals symptoms).

Have something to keep you busy whether it be work, exercise, a hobby, study, etc so your mind is off the drug. Keep away from triggering places as well.

Youre over the worst of it and are on the home stretch. Bring it home strong! Good luck.

thanks for the kind words i really need them right now!! im sooooooo fucking compulsive and self destructing i wanna be actually really happy!! i have'nt felt happiness or real honest love and compassion in 11 years and believe me i know thats exactly the year the last of my innocence got sucked out of me!!! i remember exactly when the fun ended and my worst nightmare began!! tumbling further down the rabbit hole and the more i dug myself down the more i lost everything!! self worth, kindness, honesty, compassion, love, self esteem, friends, family!!!! all i gained in these years is sorrow, pain, meloncally, hatred, self bondage, hurt, loss, anxiety, felonys, jail, rehabs, overdoses!! I WANT SO BAD TO GO BACK TO MY REAL TRUE SELF!!!! BE A LOST BOY or in my case GIRL!! I dont know or remember my real self!!! sorry for rambling, i really need an outlet and thismis the only place i have!!! Thanks guys!!!

thanks for the kind words i really need them right now!! im sooooooo fucking compulsive and self destructing i wanna be actually really happy!! i have'nt felt happiness or real honest love and compassion in 11 years and believe me i know thats exactly the year the last of my innocence got sucked out of me!!! i remember exactly when the fun ended and my worst nightmare began!! tumbling further down the rabbit hole and the more i dug myself down the more i lost everything!! self worth, kindness, honesty, compassion, love, self esteem, friends, family!!!! all i gained in these years is sorrow, pain, meloncally, hatred, self bondage, hurt, loss, anxiety, felonys, jail, rehabs, overdoses!! I WANT SO BAD TO GO BACK TO MY REAL TRUE SELF!!!! BE A LOST BOY or in my case GIRL!! I dont know or remember my real self!!! sorry for rambling, i really need an outlet and thismis the only place i have!!! Thanks guys!!!

I know exactly how you feel, but all those good feelings actually do come back. The first to come back is laughter. After recovering from acute withdrawal, after a couple weeks to a month everything just seems hilarious. Just gotta give it TIME. I know time goes so fuckin slow while you are going thru it, and it is torturous. Seconds are minutes, minutes are hours, and hours seem like days, but it will pass. Since the drug in question is fentanyl, which I have kicked before and it was definitely very painful for a couple days, but the worst was over by day 4. Physical symptoms subside, maybe only a lingering hot sweat every so often, but tolerable. I imagine it's because of my nerves still recovering from the battle inside my body, but it's nothing a good dose of gabapentin can't handle.

Really the only thing that stuck for a couple weeks was no sleep. I remember one time I got picked up on a warrant, cuz the place I was staying at got raided cuz they suspected a meth lab inside the apartment. Well anywayz, I got taken to the Cuyahoga County Justice Center for a contempt of court warrant. If you tell them that you will be withdrawaling, they will give you detox meds for 4 days and get you thru the worst of it.

So while I was getting booked in there and was starting to withdrawal I told them about it. They told me I had to piss in a cup and be dirty for opiates to get the detox meds, making me prove I was really gonna be sick, and not lying just to get the meds, which is tramadol, Immodium, and klonopin.

So I piss in the cup for them and finish the booking process several hours later. In the meantime the fentanyl/heroin/whatever WD is getting worse and worse, I stand staring out the glass of the cell door, eagerly waiting for the medicine cart to show up to the pod.

Eventually it came, but to my dismay I received that bad news that when you get put on the heroin detox medication protocol there, you won't actually get the medication for 24 hours.

After a night of serious restlessness, flip flopping like a fish out of water, and repeated emptying of my bowels, which I am sure my cellmate wasn't to happy about, but I told him what was going on with me so he just let me do what I had to do. So after that night of zero sleep, I see the morning Med cart come to the pods door. I went up to the cart thinking I was going to get the meds, she looked in the book, and my name was not there!! WTF!? I told the nurse what I was going thru, sweat beading off my face, I was obviously visibly in full opiate withdrawal. She asked me if I had taken a drug screen yet, and I told her that I had been done the test the day before. She said they never received my urine sample. I told her the guard had taken my urine sample and put it in a box in the corner in booking where they do everyones medical screenings. They obviously lost it. So she told me to write a inmate request form to medical so I could redo the piss test. I filled it out and gave it to the guard.

By now I was halfway into day 2, and feeling like I was dying of course, we all know how it feels. YUCK! I am locked in the cell and couldn't take it no more. I hit the intercom button and told the guard I was feeling dizzy and having chest pains. An hour later I got took down to medical.

I get down there and told them about how they lost the piss test I took, which they saw a record of in the computer. They said I will have to take another one, but it wouldn't be that day. I was like WTF!? There was absolutely no way they couldn't see that I was definitely in full blown withdrawal. Sweat pouring down my face, yawning, runny nose, goosebumps, etc... Unfortunately I was returned to my cell with NOTHING coming.

After ekeing thru another night of horrible agonizing restless whole body, not just legs, constant diarrhea, soaking hot/cold sweats, day 3 started. Med cart came around, STILL NOTHING. FUCK!

About halfway thru day 3, I get called down to medical. They had me do another piss test, and only that STILL NO DETOX MEDS. I just about cried! They also had told me that if I was going to get the meds I wouldn't get them for another 24-48hours, which is an eternity when you're in WD. They told me to check the med cart when it comes the next morning.

I struggled and tried to keep from banging my head against the wall that night so it would knock me out and I would get some shuteye via that method. But after that long, long night of suffering, day 4 approached.

The med cart came to the pod finally. I ask the nurse if they had my withdrawal protocol ready to start. She asked my name and said oh yeah I saw your name somewhere here. I got a little excited, thinking I was finally going to get relief. NOPE. She found my paper, and she said that my PISS TEST CAME BACK NEGATIVE, and that they weren't going to give me the withdrawal protocol cuz I should be over the worst of it by now. Immediately an icy cold sweat engulfed my body and I wiped my hand across my forehead, which dripped off sweat, and I said to her, does this look like I am thru the worst of it!?? I showed the goosebumps I got from that hard chill, but she showed no sympathy. She said we'll you're just going to have to deal with it, and walked away with her med cart. I thought about what if I just jumped the med cart found the opiate meds real quick opened and poured some in my mouth and swallow them down before getting beat up by the guards and thrown in the hole. I didn't do it. I only yelled to her that those people who do the end processing down in booking need to be more responsible cuz what if I was withdrawaling from something that could kill me!? Someone dies because guard loses urine sample.

Another night zero sleep, diarrhea diarrhea diarrhea, vomiting while sitting, restless whole body I felt like ripping my skin off my bones, and seriously considering bashing my head against the wall hoping to be knocked out cold, I decided not to do so. Day 5 slowly approached.

Day 5 I started to feel a bit better, and the physical symptoms from the fentanyl/heroin mix started to subside, but the mental symptoms remained. I was still dealing with stomach problems as well, but I think it was compounded by the shitty nasty jail food, fucked me up til the day I walked out of there.

Sorry for such a long, long post. I just wanted to tell how I got fucked over for those detox meds, cuz some lazy as fuck guard who didn't give a shot fucked up, and I had to cold turkey it in jail to come off that fentanyl /heroin mix. That WD was one of the worst I had ever experienced. I didn't get a nights sleep for 13 days. I have no clue how it was possible because I didn't remember ever getting a wink of sleep during the 13 day stay there and the judge released me. I felt every minute of it. Each time I closed my eyes, they would just bounce right back open. I couldn't sit still for more than a minute. The sweating was so bad at one point, I was able to wring the sweat out of my shirt.

But I made it thru eventually, and like I said above, laughter was one of the first to come back, everything just seems comical for some reason. Maybe it is the return of those natural chemicals in your brain that cause laughter that were depleted when using. My libido also came back with a vengeance as well. The opposite sex anywhere on TV in person whatever I wanted sex BAD. haha.

Sleep came back steady in about a month, and after 2months, I was completely normal feeling again. All those feelings you mentioned come back. It will happen, and yeah you gotta travel thru hell to get to it, but you will get it.

Wasteland Warrior, feel free to PM me. I think since you are from the same area as me, the support could be good. PM me any time you're having trouble.

I know exactly how you feel, but all those good feelings actually do come back. The first to come back is laughter. After recovering from acute withdrawal, after a couple weeks to a month everything just seems hilarious. Just gotta give it TIME. I know time goes so fuckin slow while you are going thru it, and it is torturous. Seconds are minutes, minutes are hours, and hours seem like days, but it will pass. Since the drug in question is fentanyl, which I have kicked before and it was definitely very painful for a couple days, but the worst was over by day 4. Physical symptoms subside, maybe only a lingering hot sweat every so often, but tolerable. I imagine it's because of my nerves still recovering from the battle inside my body, but it's nothing a good dose of gabapentin can't handle.

Really the only thing that stuck for a couple weeks was no sleep. I remember one time I got picked up on a warrant, cuz the place I was staying at got raided cuz they suspected a meth lab inside the apartment. Well anywayz, I got taken to the Cuyahoga County Justice Center for a contempt of court warrant. If you tell them that you will be withdrawaling, they will give you detox meds for 4 days and get you thru the worst of it.

So while I was getting booked in there and was starting to withdrawal I told them about it. They told me I had to piss in a cup and be dirty for opiates to get the detox meds, making me prove I was really gonna be sick, and not lying just to get the meds, which is tramadol, Immodium, and klonopin.

So I piss in the cup for them and finish the booking process several hours later. In the meantime the fentanyl/heroin/whatever WD is getting worse and worse, I stand staring out the glass of the cell door, eagerly waiting for the medicine cart to show up to the pod.

Eventually it came, but to my dismay I received that bad news that when you get put on the heroin detox medication protocol there, you won't actually get the medication for 24 hours.

After a night of serious restlessness, flip flopping like a fish out of water, and repeated emptying of my bowels, which I am sure my cellmate wasn't to happy about, but I told him what was going on with me so he just let me do what I had to do. So after that night of zero sleep, I see the morning Med cart come to the pods door. I went up to the cart thinking I was going to get the meds, she looked in the book, and my name was not there!! WTF!? I told the nurse what I was going thru, sweat beading off my face, I was obviously visibly in full opiate withdrawal. She asked me if I had taken a drug screen yet, and I told her that I had been done the test the day before. She said they never received my urine sample. I told her the guard had taken my urine sample and put it in a box in the corner in booking where they do everyones medical screenings. They obviously lost it. So she told me to write a inmate request form to medical so I could redo the piss test. I filled it out and gave it to the guard.

By now I was halfway into day 2, and feeling like I was dying of course, we all know how it feels. YUCK! I am locked in the cell and couldn't take it no more. I hit the intercom button and told the guard I was feeling dizzy and having chest pains. An hour later I got took down to medical.

I get down there and told them about how they lost the piss test I took, which they saw a record of in the computer. They said I will have to take another one, but it wouldn't be that day. I was like WTF!? There was absolutely no way they couldn't see that I was definitely in full blown withdrawal. Sweat pouring down my face, yawning, runny nose, goosebumps, etc... Unfortunately I was returned to my cell with NOTHING coming.

After ekeing thru another night of horrible agonizing restless whole body, not just legs, constant diarrhea, soaking hot/cold sweats, day 3 started. Med cart came around, STILL NOTHING. FUCK!

About halfway thru day 3, I get called down to medical. They had me do another piss test, and only that STILL NO DETOX MEDS. I just about cried! They also had told me that if I was going to get the meds I wouldn't get them for another 24-48hours, which is an eternity when you're in WD. They told me to check the med cart when it comes the next morning.

I struggled and tried to keep from banging my head against the wall that night so it would knock me out and I would get some shuteye via that method. But after that long, long night of suffering, day 4 approached.

The med cart came to the pod finally. I ask the nurse if they had my withdrawal protocol ready to start. She asked my name and said oh yeah I saw your name somewhere here. I got a little excited, thinking I was finally going to get relief. NOPE. She found my paper, and she said that my PISS TEST CAME BACK NEGATIVE, and that they weren't going to give me the withdrawal protocol cuz I should be over the worst of it by now. Immediately an icy cold sweat engulfed my body and I wiped my hand across my forehead, which dripped off sweat, and I said to her, does this look like I am thru the worst of it!?? I showed the goosebumps I got from that hard chill, but she showed no sympathy. She said we'll you're just going to have to deal with it, and walked away with her med cart. I thought about what if I just jumped the med cart found the opiate meds real quick opened and poured some in my mouth and swallow them down before getting beat up by the guards and thrown in the hole. I didn't do it. I only yelled to her that those people who do the end processing down in booking need to be more responsible cuz what if I was withdrawaling from something that could kill me!? Someone dies because guard loses urine sample.

Another night zero sleep, diarrhea diarrhea diarrhea, vomiting while sitting, restless whole body I felt like ripping my skin off my bones, and seriously considering bashing my head against the wall hoping to be knocked out cold, I decided not to do so. Day 5 slowly approached.

Day 5 I started to feel a bit better, and the physical symptoms from the fentanyl/heroin mix started to subside, but the mental symptoms remained. I was still dealing with stomach problems as well, but I think it was compounded by the shitty nasty jail food, fucked me up til the day I walked out of there.

Sorry for such a long, long post. I just wanted to tell how I got fucked over for those detox meds, cuz some lazy as fuck guard who didn't give a shot fucked up, and I had to cold turkey it in jail to come off that fentanyl /heroin mix. That WD was one of the worst I had ever experienced. I didn't get a nights sleep for 13 days. I have no clue how it was possible because I didn't remember ever getting a wink of sleep during the 13 day stay there and the judge released me. I felt every minute of it. Each time I closed my eyes, they would just bounce right back open. I couldn't sit still for more than a minute. The sweating was so bad at one point, I was able to wring the sweat out of my shirt.

But I made it thru eventually, and like I said above, laughter was one of the first to come back, everything just seems comical for some reason. Maybe it is the return of those natural chemicals in your brain that cause laughter that were depleted when using. My libido also came back with a vengeance as well. The opposite sex anywhere on TV in person whatever I wanted sex BAD. haha.

Sleep came back steady in about a month, and after 2months, I was completely normal feeling again. All those feelings you mentioned come back. It will happen, and yeah you gotta travel thru hell to get to it, but you will get it.

Wasteland Warrior, feel free to PM me. I think since you are from the same area as me, the support could be good. PM me any time you're having trouble.
The good feelings never come back in more severe cases of fentanyl use, well, for me they didn't after I CTed off 100mg/day furanylfentanyl habit.

ha ha ha ha smokestack i too have sat in cuyahoga jail many a time hardcore detoxing and not getting any relief from the detox meds and praying everytime that fucking med cart came around that my name was on that list and feeling nothing but sheer terror and utter dread!!! i too have thought about jumping the cart and getting any pain or benzo'a but i figured the men in black would kick my teeth in before i found any LOL!!! not to be funnt the only relief i found was from masterbation late at night when my bunkie was aslleep!! i'm a girl i can keep it discreet!!!! even when i got lucky and got meds when i've been there which has been many times 4 days ain't shit when your detoxing especially in jail!!! I always enjoy hearing from you smokestack

Lol... Yeah that place sux ass SO bad. Those men in black are always just waiting for the green light to go whoop someone's ass. It's their primary purpose in life it seems.

How you feeling now WW? Still abstaining?

The good feelings never come back in more severe cases of fentanyl use, well, for me they didn't after I CTed off 100mg/day furanylfentanyl habit.
100mg a day? I think you had extremely cut or impure product. Doesn't sound realistic in the least bit...

100mg a day? I think you had extremely cut or impure product. Doesn't sound realistic in the least bit...
You would be amazed how quickly tolerance builds to Furanylfentanyl + it's less potent than fentanyl itself. The withdrawal lasted 2 months and I still experience twitching, hallucinations and impaired speech/stuttering, however I got onto butyrfentanyl recently and most symptoms subsided.

Why you guys use compounds that only exacerbate the worst side effect of opioid high which is CNS depression and provide little pleasure? Furanfuckall. Come on.

And making you withdraw in jail is inhuman. They do it to teach you a lesson but what can you learn from a drug naive person other then the fact that they were too scared to try? So basically they have no lesson to teach, they only abuse you with this bestiality to validate themselves: a coward approach. Deep down, they're scared shit-less to try. No matter what they tell you and how strong they formulate their opinion against drugs, deep down, their pants are wet and they know it.