• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Please help. Friend has just ingested a large amount of acid.

Oddball_paul

Greenlighter
To make this short my friend was extremely drunk and drank a vile half full of acid. It has been 20 minutes after he drank it and he just started puking his guts up. I have a cage thing around my bed and am in the process of setting up the best vibes possible and locking him in there while I watch from the outside. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this? I am extremely terrified for him.

Superhigh dose acid is one thing, but the lack of preparation and a lot of alcohol are likely to make him erratic and outside of himself.

I've seen someone drunk taking not really that much 2C-B and completely losing the plot. Became unintelligible and acting super weird, couldn't remember it the next day.

Locking your friend up may sort of enrage him if he doesn't get that way already... would be good to check that he doesn't hurt himself / become desperate. Even if you had antipsychotics on hand, I don't know if they would do much good what with the alcohol...

I guess when people completely lose the plot you can mostly just babysit them and make sure they don't get into trouble... and if they really become a danger to themselves or others, take measures. If you had a reason to believe he could contain himself without being locked up, that would be better so at least it is not torturing to feel caged... but since you probably can't rely on that and don't want to wait until you'd have to force him in if shit gets out of hand, that would be too late and could get even messier.
Professionals will be able to restrain him better if it is really the last resort, but I'd also realize that he is then likely to resist that much more which will also make him hurt himself.

I don't have much advice to offer except that the more calm you are able to remain, the better things will be. If you start freaking out he will too. Even if he's on a completely different level as it sounds like, energetically it makes a difference.

Caging him could cause some unwanted reactions, do be aware, but if you feel its durable enough, etc. etc. then maybe it's the right call. Judge it yourself.

Otherwise, I wish all the best of luck to you my friend <3

I'm always surprised to see so many other Bluelighters from Kansas...

Maybe if you can find some antipsychotics and convince him to take one that might help?

He has been crying his eyes out for the past few hours. He just took all of his cloths off because he is convinced he is burning in hell. I've never seen someone sweat so much. Right now I have the Beatles playing for him. How long will he be tripping?

Probably tripping at a high level for around 4 hours - usually peaks around 2-4 hour mark. then it should level out (plateau). However if he's taken a really high dose it may be very intense for longer. He should be down significantly after the 7 hour mark and out of it in 12-14 hours. Unfortunately acid is a long haul if you're not enjoying it. Sounds like you've got him settled, if somewhat distressed. Keep doing what your're doing and offer reassurance. Music can be a great influence for changing a mood when tripping.

Probably tripping at a high level for around 4 hours - usually peaks around 2-4 hour mark. then it should level out (plateau). However if he's taken a really high dose it may be very intense for longer. He should be down significantly after the 7 hour mark and out of it in 12-14 hours. Unfortunately acid is a long haul if you're not enjoying it. Sounds like you've got him settled, if somewhat distressed. Keep doing what your're doing and offer reassurance. Music can be a great influence for changing a mood when tripping.

It will last longer because of the extreme dose. Drugs are eliminated at the rate set by the half-life, half is eliminated every half-life time period. So after one half-life period, he will have 25 hits left in him (assuming a half vial was 50 hits). Then after another 12.5. And so on. So it should last significantly longer than a regular dose, but on the other hand it will continue to get weaker and weaker so as it wears off he should become calmer because of the relative lessening of strength, even if it's still pretty strong.

Fill us in? Once there's no alcohol in his system some benzos might help (but be cautious). If it's really 50 hits worth I'd say you're looking at more like 10 hours, but if you can talk to him it'll make it easier.

A low dose benzo would be absolutely fine

Not if he was extremely drunk though, benzos and alcohol are not recommended. If he has sobered up then yeah, a low benzo dose can help.

Just be there for him and don't freak out, try to keep your friend calm. Also, try not to look terrified since that might make things worse for your friend. How is your friend doing now?

Jesus, 50 hits...

Poor guy is probably still tripping 27 hours later at the equivalent of about 2 hits by now, which is decent in comparison to 50.

Yeah, it's probably mostly over now but I'd be concerned with trying to relieve some of the vascoconstriction and making sure he was able to go to the bathroom, which he may not even know he needed to do.

^And I also don't agree that benzos would have been a terrible idea, especially 13 hours later.

The main concern is definitely making sure he physically makes it through this, but there is also a need to limit the potential for psychological trauma as well.

Last edited: