• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Please help asap ,Can I start an ssri now since it’s been 3 days since last tramadol use?

crisler

Bluelighter
I was addicted for years since 2015 recently tapered from April 20 til now (about 11 weeks) minus 25mg per week from 250mg until I hit 50mg at bed time blessed I could taper my supply I had vs run out completely thank god. I then jumped 3 days ago but

I’m experiencing the worst absolutely worst depression borderline suicidal 24/7 can I takean antidepressant? My gp would for sure prescribe that but I dudnt tell him about tramadol because I was afraid of being blacklisted from medications. Well. I know serotonin syndrome is extremely real, but I’m guessing my serotonin is pretty damn depleted and I don’t risk SS if I take an ssri 72 hours after tramadol (strong snri) is this right? Need opinions thank you stay blessed

I would have thought you'd be ok by now? I dont think tramadol's half life is that long if it's standard release. I've had tramadol on ssri snri a few times.l even though it's contraindicated.... But depends what dosages I guess

You can take an antidepressant without risk now.

That said, i would personally wait it out as those feelings will pass. Not a good idea to take antidepressants if they aren't absolutely necessary given their side-effects and withdrawal syndromes they can produce.

Not only that; the antidepressant won't even provide you much relief as quite likely a large part of what you are experiencing is from opioid withdrawal, which the antidepressant won't help.

I'd recommend getting some chlorpheniramine, and over the counter antihistamine that you can buy anywhere. It is a pretty strong SSRI (though a poor norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor). You may also consider using some kratom too.

Going on antidepressants for something that will pass in a week seems like a pretty bad idea. Id try a short term chlorpheniramine/kratom combo if it is unbearable.

Last edited: