View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Please connect me!

GreatArc

Greenlighter
Just returned from my deepest experience yet with psilocybin.

I have taken 4 trips in the last couple of weeks, and for the first time been able to get a bit of a look at the possibilities of psychedelic exploration, therapy, etc. Suffice it to say; I am fascinated and intrigued beyond words about what can be 'brought back'.

I have been chewing through as much information as I can muster about 'psychic' exploration. As most of you likely already have come to realize, it is possible to not only access, but to navigate and explore previously inaccessible levels of consciousness and brain states! I feel almost exactly the same way I did when I began scuba diving and interacting with alien ecosystems! This truly is a pioneering frontier there is no way to have imagined before having touched it.

So here I am, like a wide-eyed baby who has just taken the first steps into a larger world. The next reasonable step is to ask lots of questions of experienced trailblazers.

1.) So my mind has been blown, my enthusiasm level is at a maximum. Can't wait to go diving in again. Obviously, the most intelligent thing to do here is to stop and take a break, correct? Do we just spend a little time in real life and process this stuff and think about it? How much time is reasonable, and what is the healthiest relationship to have with exploring psychedelics? Should we put it in its place to take out again occasionally and maintain our control over it, or is the idea of 'control over it' just a bad way of thinking about it where I am conflating it with harmful drugs and the addict/drug relationship? I am 38 years old and never abused drugs--a joint every couple of years, no alcohol besides a glass of wine every few weeks with a pasta dinner. Are there steps to take so it doesn't become habit-forming, or does that make any more sense than not wanting to go crazy on breathing exercises because they could be harmful?

2.) Are there common landmarks to look out for with the different experiences as you go deeper? I have heard language like opening up, being in the room or doorway, breaking through or breakthrough, loss of ego, etc. Are there common universal stages or states people recognize reaching depending upon lower and higher doses?

3.) At higher doses of these different drugs, or during deeper trips, I should say, will I be able to remember less and bring less back? Is the balance trying to go as deeply as one can but not so deep that nothing comes back? What are the 'rules' of this wonderful goddamned puzzle!?!?!

4.) I understand there is no 'wrong' way to use these drugs. Some for recreation or pleasure, some for therapy, some for enhancement or with relationships. My curiosities are definitely turned towards pure exploration and paying attention to moving around in this altered intelligence. Are these people the ones who identify with the term psychonaut?

5.) Who are the best resources and contributors on here to speak with who could help me understand how to match how I am interested in using the drugs with substances which might fit best? Certainly there must be recognized experienced experts who can help me avoid drugs which are not conducive to what I am interested in and are able to point me in the right direction? As in other posts, I am trying not to violate the "No 'should I take?' threads" policy. I am deciding for myself, but if the group would lend me their experience and advice in order to help me avoid taking any more RCs than necessary by suggesting the group of drugs I should look into, so much the better. Does it make sense that I am not concerned with visuals or euphoria (definitely don't mind it) but more interested in the ones which people report are connected with deep thought, creativity and which people have a high level of recall. Does this description mean anything to you, or bring certain substances more to mind and some which I can probably cross off my list?

Thanks for reading and replying to any of these, or to anything else you might think to say to me or share. Trying to be responsible and safe and have a healthy relationship and respect for these materials, as well as being psychologically prepared and informed about as much as possible. I certainly have a lot of respect for the power of these things and how they must be approached, so what I say shouldn't be taken as some sort of foolish or careless immature attitude, but I feel like a kid who just discovered a whole new set of organs (or a whole new use for them anyhow) at puberty. It is at once exciting and mysterious.

Thinking about your trip while on the ground is just as important as the trip itself, imo. Id recommend LSD for headspace.

I think the best way to maintain control is to be honest with yourself.

Psychedelics are definitely amazing

Hi there! I'll answer your questions based on my personal experience, excuse any grammatical errors as I'm on a phone:

1) Yes, imo its extremely important to take breaks in between psychedelic usage to recollect and think on the experience, you really want to bring something out of each trip and abusing the substances will only turn it into another high and make it far less magical and meaningful. Also there is an instantaneous tolerance buildup so the general rule of thumb is at least two weeks between trips, I like to wait around two months myself.

2) As far as 'landmarks' go you'll learn that everyone and every trips different, whereas it might take me 400-500ug of LSD to experience a total ego loss it might only take you 200 and vice versa. In the same respect, you might take 200 one day and it feel mild/underwhelming and take the same dosage off the same sheet and it blow your doors away, its all about figuring out how you react to certain substances; always start small and work your way up though.

3) Similar to #2, it all depends on the body chemistry, chemical, and familiarity to the drug you're taking. I've had high dose trips where I could tell you exactly what happened to the tee and I've had ones where there are blank areas in my memory.

4) Psychonaut is a subjective term, I consider my self a psychonaut as I use these substances for the same reason you are intending to do. I find the headspace and altered consciousness fascinating and want to learn as much and go as far in depth with it as physically and mentally possible, one who doesn't indulge and just find the topic of psychedelics interesting may consider themselves a psychonaut as well.

5) As far as people I've learned from on this site alone, a few names that come to mind right off the bat are: Xorkoth, Kaleida, Silopsis, & MorningGlorySeed there's plenty more I just can't think of the names at the moment.

Glad to see you're interested in learning more and taking precautionary steps towards it! Hoped this helps, Happy travels!