• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Please advise

whoknows2

Greenlighter
I hope this is ok to post, sorry if it’s not. I lost a family member a couple of months ago and it has been bugging me because I don’t know what he was taking and why. I thought this might be a good place to ask to see if anyone can piece this together for me please. He seemed ok and was holding down a job but we knew he had a problem with alcohol a few years ago. He must have substituted it but managed to keep it to himself. He went in his sleep but they say it was a chest infection. He was 51. He didn’t let anyone into his house so we were not able to see his living conditions.

When we got access we found:

Items for boofing, suppositories, syringes, butt plugs, lube etc.

Catheters

Intravenous stuff, packaged needles, drip bag, alcohol pads, saline mix (nacl)

Lots of empty sudafed bottles

Lyrica 300mg lots of empty boxes

Tramadol

Loratadine 10mg – lots

Lots of teeth whitening stuff

He also had various chemicals so I wouldn’t put it past him to have been doing a bit of home chemistry. We’re Scotland, if that makes any difference to availability.

If anyone can shed any light on this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Are you asking what was he doing with all this stuff?

I see no connection between these items, see nothing nefarious here or anything that points to anything really.

Meh, this is obviously a really fraught subject. I'm really sorry you've lost someone. It must be terrible to not know the truth. In that same vein, I would positively hate for any opinion, positive or negative to be taken as a fact of this man's life. Anything said here is just opinion;

I've been a drug addict for most of my life. I did ten years of intravenous Heroin followed by YEARS of half-sobriety using less potent drugs gradually getting to where I am today. Pregabalin (Lyrica) is commonly used by folks seeking a high or who have otherwise been previously addicted to Opioids and/or Alcohol. I understand pretty well that Pregablin abuse hit pretty hard and fast in the communites of the UK. It did the same as it did in North America, essentially as a Schedule V drugs or in other words, riding the line between hard and soft for out dutch friends.

The thing is, I don't think Pregabalin abuse is a particularly big problem in and of itself. I don't think a lot of people get involved with "drug addiction" through the use of Gabapentinoids. I belive Gabapentinoids are on the obverse, used by populations who have previously had issues with hard drugs and/or heavy alcohol dependence. When we quit hard drugs, it often involves grabbing Pregabalin, over the counter sleep-aids and everything in beween just trying to bridge the gap between fucked up and normal and most of the time we have no idea what we are doing.

So, all I can say, is that it's totally possible that he had an issue with drugs and/or Alchohol and maybe was using this stuff.

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. I had a fair idea he was abusing prescription stuff but when it comes to intravenous and rectal equipment it shocked me a bit. I think he was trying to cope with the withdrawals and he was just using whatever he could to try and lead a normal life and to put on a brave face for his family. It was good that he was able to spend a lot of time with family recently but it's a pity he didn't let us help.

Glad things are looking up for you Keif!