• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Plant down!!

lookyboop

Bluelighter
So lets say someone cut a couple of plants, mid flowering, down at the base, out of spite. If this person left the stalks, would I have a chance of replanting and getting it to root, or would I b better of just drying the nugs that are on it....

that sucks. using splints to graft a plant back together is common when stems breaks, if your plant has already flowered then it might be tough to pull off but i think it's your best bet

that sucks. using splints to graft a plant back together is common when stems breaks, if your plant has already flowered then it might be tough to pull off but i think it's your best bet

Yea it sucks alright...
They've been recut at a 45 degree angle, and replanted in the soil, with some nice humidity domes made from a few big plastic bags, and out of direct sunlight. The thought of grafting the roots did cross the mind, but figured it wouldn't really be much help. It had already been sitting for a multiple hours and it was scabbed over. (Also kind of doubted that'd work)

It would probably be best to avoid the stress of pulling it up and trying to graft the roots on now?

Do you agree, should they be left in their current environment?

i would try to make fresh cuts and graft it back together still, there should be enough energy stored in the root mass that it'll connect with the upper half. the problem with trying to root it from scratch is that plant will be starved and most of it will likely shrivel up and stay stunted for a month until enough root mass grows back to support it.

i would try to make fresh cuts and graft it back together still, there should be enough energy stored in the root mass that it'll connect with the upper half. the problem with trying to root it from scratch is that plant will be starved and most of it will likely shrivel up and stay stunted for a month until enough root mass grows back to support it.

The first root mass was thrown across the yard (out of anger... Have to look for it in the morning). However, fresh cuts have been made, and attempted to graft the second root mass to the larger plant.

The plants still have a very lively color, and still have decent structure, so hopes are high.

Will update further progress