• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Planning to see a neurologist and a psychiatrist for HPPD and head pressure.

ykim768

Greenlighter
I plan to see a neurologist and psychiatrist for my constant head pressure and HPPD visual symptoms. My question is how should I address them about these problems that these are drug-related? Do I must tell them about my past use? Should I not mention that I've taken drugs before and see how it goes? If they diagnose my condition as drug-related issues, would it go on my permanent health record?

I've had the HPPD and head pressure for 6 months and despite quitting all drugs including alcohol and caffeine my symptoms are getting progressively worse. I started to feel very anxious because from everything I read no one with HPPD became worse when they quit drugs and stayed sober. The symptoms either stayed the same or improved a lot. I constantly see afterimages from everything I look at and the visual snow makes everything slightly morphing and vibrating. I'm basically on a psychedelic vision all the time. I also can't see straight lines (they start waving) and constantly worry about the visuals I'm seeing 24/7. The head pressure makes me feel like I'm on a hangover and keeps me from feeling sober. I want to make sure with a psychiatrist that my problems are just HPPD related issues, not anything more serious such as schizophrenia or psychosis.

Has anyone had severe HPPD symptoms and recovered from it? How long does it take to start to see any improvement? If I just wait this out is there a chance that I'll eventually start seeing an improvement? I'm in desperate need of help, my life has turned to hell because of this.

I should be open with whoever you see. Be prepared for a dismissive attitude once your history is told, but if you didn't have reason to doubt what the practitioner might say beforehand, take seriously any doubts they appear to have about the source of your problems. It may be that the best source of help is yourself, and that a period of focusing on other things and taking care of yourself will do you good. Over-attention can be a demon sometimes.

One the hand, if there's any 'physical' problem, which is pretty unlikely, you should trust an attentive neurologist to pick up on it.

I have had hppd for 2-3 months now I defiantly can relate to your head pressure constantly making you feel not sober I know this isn't the answer you want but the best thing you can do right now is stay active not just physicly but mentally as well keep busy overtime u will not notice your symptoms and keep it up u will even have days where u don't even realise you have this this is what I have been doing don't worry you will be just fine this will subside and you will get better. It's human nature to recover no matter in what way u will get better

My HPPD eventually went away after about 2 years of abstaining fro psychs I would say. Now days I can do all the psychedelics I want and it doesn't return.

I wouldn't go to a psychiatrist....they won't know shit about HPPD or drugs and will just put you on some horrible addictive drug that is going to fuck your brain up even worse. You may get labeled a drug addict and never be able to get any controlled drug no matter how bad you need it in the future.

just give it time and don't dwell on it....i know it sounds like bullshit but focusing on it will make it worse....and if you learn to not care about it....it won't even matter if its there or not.

the head pressure does sound like it sucks though

I bet the head pressure is subconscious tension of facial and scalp muscles.