• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Planning my first check up after a good run

Wonderwoman88

Greenlighter
Ok, not my first check up but my first time seeing a doctor for this specific reason. I just had a six month long binge on IV meth. There were so many times I wasn't careful, clean, missed shots, etc. I think I really need to get checked out. But what do I say exactly? Oh, and my primary care provider closed during the pandemic, so I have to find a new one. And this will be the first visit lol. Any advice?

Ok, not my first check up but my first time seeing a doctor for this specific reason. I just had a six month long binge on IV meth. There were so many times I wasn't careful, clean, missed shots, etc. I think I really need to get checked out. But what do I say exactly? Oh, and my primary care provider closed during the pandemic, so I have to find a new one. And this will be the first visit lol. Any advice?
Nothing but the truth? If that's why ye going anyway...

I’ve got this same problem myself. I’ve just quit IV meth after six months and I have a few things I should probably get checked out like my fucked up veins in both arms and a hacking bronchitis like cough that won’t go away, some really dry skin patches on my face and the potential results of some very unsafe sex a few times along the way. I decided to go see a brand new doctor at a new clinic to get it all checked out and preserve my relationship with my regular primary care provider since I don’t need or want him to recategorise me from ‘recovering mental health patient’ to ‘active drug addict’.

I’ve got this same problem myself. I’ve just quit IV meth after six months and I have a few things I should probably get checked out like my fucked up veins in both arms and a hacking bronchitis like cough that won’t go away, some really dry skin patches on my face and the potential results of some very unsafe sex a few times along the way. I decided to go see a brand new doctor at a new clinic to get it all checked out and preserve my relationship with my regular primary care provider since I don’t need or want him to recategorise me from ‘recovering mental health patient’ to ‘active drug addict’.
I feel that. My veins are fucked too. My go to honey hole in the crook of my dominant arm has a hardened mass underneath. Pretty sure the vein itself is gone. I think my kidneys are close to failing, and the way my heart beats has really been scaring me. I have several misses that look infected. And my toes are in extreme pain all the time. Also, it would be an absolute miracle if I didn't give myself hep c. Pretty sure something bad is going to come from this run. I'm hoping it's my last. But on the bright side, this is the longest but most responsible run I've had. Took me a whole six months to ruin my life this time. I'm actually going to long term treatment soon.

What can the doctors do to fucked up veins?
I see no reason to go see them unless you have a bump which wont go away or some shit.

Like others have said just be completely honest. Bullshitting a doctor is only going to hurt YOU in the end.

IMO some doctors will not be interested in treating you so they will only be so helpful. You will know what I mean when you see it... if so just go to a different doctor.

My last doctor literally told me on the 2nd visit "if you aren't completely sober I'm not going to be your doctor".... fuck that guy found a new one. I felt like that's telling a professional boxer "if you keep boxing I'm not going to help you.". Dumb metaphor but you get the picture.

Sorry for not paying enough attention.
Sounds very bad. I have hep C too, i wish i can get it treated.
Why can’t you get it treated. The new treatments work really quickly with no side effects like the old interferon

What can the doctors do to fucked up veins?
I see no reason to go see them unless you have a bump which wont go away or some shit.

I don’t know until I ask him. I need a general comprehensive check-up anyway so might as well get everything looked at.

The veins in my inner elbows are like long hard ropes. An insulin needle won’t even penetrate the lumps. But i don’t seem to have ciculation problems so i think they are still working underneath.

I don’t know until I ask him. I need a general comprehensive check-up anyway so might as well get everything looked at.

The veins in my inner elbows are like long hard ropes. An insulin needle won’t even penetrate the lumps. But i don’t seem to have ciculation problems so i think they are still working underneath.
If vein collapses, there forms new veins which are kind of like spider net. They can't be injected, they aren't as good as the old ones but they work somehow.

Retarded drug policy in my country. If i'm using i can't get it treated.
That is so fucked up its almost criminal negligence. People die young from liver disease and the treatment now is just some pills. You should look into importing the pills from India or somewhere yourself

That is so fucked up its almost criminal negligence. People die young from liver disease and the treatment now is just some pills. You should look into importing the pills from India or somewhere yourself
Yes, but the government knows better. They know everything so well. I love government, they have made my life so great.
They fucking give me punishment payments, they put me in institutions at young age, they raise me better than my parents, don't worry they know EVERYTHING so fucking well, they diagnose me a fucking dangerous human, they fucking tell me sepsis is withdrawals, i tell them i'm really sick but it's just withdrawals and i fall in to a coma, well they are so fucking great.
You have no fucking idea how angry i'm at the government. They're the scum of the earth. They have made my life extremely hard.

I feel that. My veins are fucked too. My go to honey hole in the crook of my dominant arm has a hardened mass underneath. Pretty sure the vein itself is gone. I think my kidneys are close to failing, and the way my heart beats has really been scaring me. I have several misses that look infected. And my toes are in extreme pain all the time. Also, it would be an absolute miracle if I didn't give myself hep c. Pretty sure something bad is going to come from this run. I'm hoping it's my last. But on the bright side, this is the longest but most responsible run I've had. Took me a whole six months to ruin my life this time. I'm actually going to long term treatment soon.

Yep. I reckon six months is what it takes to pretty much destroy a healthy person but still leave enough chance for full recovery. I hope you find good help and support in your long term treatment program. I beat meth once before about 5 years ago - it’s definitely possible.

You'd all need to get assessed by a doctor.blood tests and stuff.treat that hep c before it kills u.

Last edited: